Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

A castaway's wish...

Posted Apr 6, '12 at 12:08pm

Jake297

Jake297

269 posts

Dude, I'm 13. I don't just "go out with girls".

Posted Apr 6, '12 at 12:10pm

Jake297

Jake297

269 posts

[/i]I saw the Mythbusters where they are on an island with only duct tape. They were able to find water, food, make shelter and do all the things to survive with only duct tape and what the island had to offer.

Just a BB code help, you have to put whatever you want the text to be at the end, too. Not just the front.

Posted Apr 6, '12 at 2:52pm

d_dude

d_dude

1,770 posts

Dude, I'm 13. I don't just "go out with girls".

Oh you're 13? Please tell me all about your smooth romantic lifestyle where you don't just "go out with girls". You must certainly be an experienced player of the game called "Love".

Posted Apr 6, '12 at 3:39pm

PanzerTank

PanzerTank

443 posts

1. My girlfriends
2. An unlimited supply of sustaining materials (food, water)
3. An air-comditioned condo w/ electricity, hot and cold running water, a 36" flatscreen, a sauna, and 10 bedrooms.

1.) Girlfriends are naturally considered items...
2.) Unlimited supply of sustaining materials eh... I suppose the three items limit allows an unlimited supply of sustaining materials
3.) Seems like an air conditioned condo with all that stuff would have more than three items you know

Posted Apr 10, '12 at 2:13pm

wajor59

wajor59

904 posts

@MrDayC
...still waiting...
The trunk full of clothes are for myself and not to exploit the animals. ;-)
The materials could be recycled to fashion shelter, fashion shelter lol, and be remade for clothes. What can I say, I like to sew.

What I would wish for (the revised list) would be:
a fresh water source,
fire starter sticks &
vegetable seeds to start a garden

Otherwise, back to the original list. Depending on the type of forage on the island I could make my own cutting tool, sewing needle and hair comb from bone using a sharp rock, like lava rock. As long as I can find flint I can make a fire.

If there's bamboo on the island I could make a nice shelter with a table, chair and a bed. NTM a fishing pole that's still green for good play. Braiding the threads off of the clothes would make decent fishing line. Any shiny buttons from the clothes would make great lures.

Now if the ship is salvageable I would work on building a new or, repairing the inflatable raft and getting myself off of the island.

Waiting decades for rescue would not be a pleasant option for me since I've grown quite attached to indoor plumbing, air conditioning and ice cubes.

Posted Apr 10, '12 at 2:16pm

emochick324

emochick324

108 posts

animals,animals,food,water,animals,clothes,animals,wolves,animals...

Posted Apr 10, '12 at 2:22pm

wajor59

wajor59

904 posts

animals,animals,food,water,animals,clothes,animals,wolves,animals...

You animal! lol

Posted Apr 14, '12 at 3:30am

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

8,732 posts

Glad to see this thread has some life in it! And wonderful entries everyone, very diverse and sometimes food for thought as I don't see how you can have gallons and gallons of fuel without a tank to hold it in?! LOL XD

@ wajor59 : Say... wouldn't you need some something to sow those clothes with then? A machine is out of the question, as ou don't have any electricity, so I'm guessing a sowing set might be needed as well? Or would you make one yourself by means of making rope and a needle from domestic materials on the island? ;)

Posted Apr 15, '12 at 6:32am

wajor59

wajor59

904 posts

Or would you make one yourself by means of making rope and a needle from domestic materials on the island? ;

)

I erased the small wall I wrote about how I would make my own sewing needle from the bones of the fish I would catch with the hand braided thread from sacrificed clothing.

Otherwise, back to the original list. Depending on the type of forage on the island I could make my own cutting tool, sewing needle and hair comb from bone using a sharp rock, like lava rock. As long as I can find flint I can make a fire.

I didn't think you would care to read my rambling so I condensed it. =)

Posted Apr 19, '12 at 1:37pm

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

8,732 posts

I erased the small wall I wrote about how I would make my own sewing needle from the bones of the fish I would catch with the hand braided thread from sacrificed clothing.

And with that, I stand corrected... *blush*

I didn't think you would care to read my rambling so I condensed it. =)

Okayokayokayokayokay... agreed, I have little time right now, so my attention span is defeated quickly... but you're right! I overlooked the fact you already elaborated that part! Again... I stand corrected! =P

But to answer the question asked... let's assume the schip is salvagable to some extend, say... it's partly sunken on a reef a few miles offshore... better? =)

Now, let's see what you come up with! =)

Reply to A castaway's wish...

You must be logged in to post a reply!