ForumsProgramming Forumwhich drawing tablet

8 4600
greenplanet011
greenplanet011
207 posts
Nomad

I wanna get a drawing tablet but i dont know which one to get.The intuos5 tablet is expensive,especially the big one,but it has good features.And the bamboo create is large and good but does not have the features the intuos5 has,plus its cheaper.I can get the small intuos5 but...Which tablet should i get,are there other tablets i should look in to.Please respond if you have an answer.

• 8 Replies
Schmiddy1234
Schmiddy1234
1,075 posts
Nomad

Honestly, i have no clue x)
and this is in the wrong forum. It belongs in The Tavern.

greenplanet011
greenplanet011
207 posts
Nomad

sorry,sometimes i forget what forum im on.

Schmiddy1234
Schmiddy1234
1,075 posts
Nomad

@greenplanet011
thats very ok. Also, a drawing tablet sounds cool, what do u need it for? Fun?

pirateplatypusgames
pirateplatypusgames
37 posts
Nomad

I've got a Wacom Bamboo CTE-450. It's a bit smaller than a lot of tablets but I got it for about $50 (USD). I've been really impressed with the quality. I'll definitely buy Wacom again.

greenplanet011
greenplanet011
207 posts
Nomad

@pirateplatypusgames I saw a picture of it and it looks really cool,I'll look more into it and see if it's right for me

@Schmiddy1234 And yes I wanna use it for fun XD.But I also know a few art websites like deviantart and i wanna share my art on there.Too bad I can't use my username on there,somebody already took it

Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

Here is another thread where someone also asked about drawing tablets.

mightybob
mightybob
360 posts
Peasant

I got the Wacom Intous4 (right before they released 5) I'd say save some money and get a 4. it's really good, the pressure sensor is amazing, and you get different nubs for your pen, to change the feel.

also, it works great with: PhotoshopCS5/CS6 and autodesk sketchbook pro, it comes bundled with express, but I got pro from autodesk since I am a student.

mightybob
mightybob
360 posts
Peasant

almost forgot: SIZE

I ordered the small from amazon, thinking it would cramp my hand... NOT AT ALL! the active space is almost as bid as a real sheet of paper, I have not once had to move the tablet or reposition my hand... the medium would have been to big to comfortably fit on my desk!

Showing 1-8 of 8