ForumsSupport ForumA little more moderation please?

19 4184
SkullZero1
SkullZero1
511 posts
Nomad

I've noticed in the art and music section a lot of topics that should be in the movies and music section. It should't be too hard to moderate this considering that this is the least used forum section. But like the one called "ANIME!!!!!" That one has over 70 post in it and none of the people posting it actually made the animes they are talking about. And thats not the only one. Too many people thing that section is about discussing art and music, not for posting thier art and music. Maybe change the title to Original art and music? that would cause less confusion.

• 19 Replies
XxPens87xX
XxPens87xX
79 posts
Nomad

Good point, this will probably be addressed.

DragonMistress
DragonMistress
1,060 posts
Blacksmith

This has been suggested many times, and is a good point. I also noticed one of the stickies in the "Movies and Music" forum is more appropriate for the "Art and Music" forum...

In any case, here is a link. I remember seeing more threads about this, but they may have been deleted or I just am too tired to find them. ^.^

I agree with the name-change, since people seem to be unable to read the description of forums. And I have a question, can mods move threads from section to section?

plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

yes as it is the least used section it is to be thought as least to be modified i guess.

XCoheedX
XCoheedX
924 posts
Scribe

@DragonMistress, no, mods can't move threads around. They just lock it and tell them to remake it again in the correct forum.

The name change would be alot better because alot of people ignore the sticky. Original Music and Art would be a better name. But a bit moderation couldn't hurt!

UnknownShadow
UnknownShadow
132 posts
Blacksmith

I agree with skull, though I haven't posted in that section myself, yet.

Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

^^ What do you mean "no not really?"
Maybe some clarification, but what can I say, I'm not a mod.

Anyway, the name change would definately be appreciated to me, and alot of other people. Hopefully Dan has given this thought a chance.

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

That anime thread has been around for ever, and part of be just does not have the heart to lock it.

But for the most part, all the topics in that section which do not belong are dealt with.

And as said, a change to the name of the board would be nice. But we will see. It would just be easier if people read the board descriptions and the stickied threads. Oh well...

Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

^^ Haha, the thing is, people just are too lazy to find out if they are doing something wrong. At least that forum isn't the most popular! We would be flooded with spam/misplaced threads!

~Strider~

purpledinosaur
purpledinosaur
679 posts
Peasant

I agree that we need more mods out there to warn spammers please

XCoheedX
XCoheedX
924 posts
Scribe

^^ Okay, but why?
This is such a problem with alot of threads. No one explains WHY they agree/like/dislike something.

purpledinosaur
purpledinosaur
679 posts
Peasant

just because i am tired of spammers for one

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

This would be easier to fix if there was a way to move threads. But as of now, there isn't. So we don't really want to get rid of all of the threads, until there is a way to move them over intact.

drakokirby
drakokirby
1,651 posts
Shepherd

Well, if we get a little more Moderations, that could maybe help. That could also make some more spam. If people notice theirs a new Moderator, they'll be making more How do you became a Moderator and rubbish like that. However, I do think we should get at least 1 more Moderator to have some more control.

Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

Well most things are under some sort of control. I mean, there aren't people hacking to #1 daily, so something is getting done! Haha, but Dan will get more when he thinks that the site needs more help. There probably will be more later as the site grows, but not right now.

plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

well they probably have much better things to do, atleast they are trying their best to modify everything they can

Showing 1-15 of 19