Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

How do you deal with death?

Posted Apr 24, '12 at 11:11pm

PanzerTank

PanzerTank

443 posts

The thought that death could be just like going into a dreamless sleep scares me deeply. There's nothing I fear more than this kind of death, knowing that there is no reason to be righteous or kind is depressing. I don't like thinking about death, so I don't deal with the thought of knowing that I will die. I don't deal with it I ignore it and repress it. If I truly didn't believe there was some sort of afterlife I don't know what I'd do, it would probably be bad though, or maybe I'd live every moment as though it were my last, and live exuberantly.

Posted Apr 25, '12 at 8:24pm

PanzerTank

PanzerTank

443 posts

The thought that death could be just like going into a dreamless sleep scares me deeply. There's nothing I fear more than this kind of death, knowing that there is no reason to be righteous or kind is depressing. I don't like thinking about death, so I don't deal with the thought of knowing that I will die. I don't deal with it I ignore it and repress it. If I truly didn't believe there was some sort of afterlife I don't know what I'd do, it would probably be bad though, or maybe I'd live every moment as though it were my last, and live exuberantly.

Let me elaborate on this, I fear death more than everything and ignore/repress thinking about it because how can anyone with a soul not be afraid of losing your girl friend, family, friends and never having anymore fun. How can you not fear the chance of having no more adventures, or loving anyone any longer?

Posted Apr 25, '12 at 10:21pm

Ernie15

Ernie15

12,527 posts

Knight

To me, death is something to look forward to. If I die a slow death, everyone I know will be at my side, and I'd be knowing that some people would remember me even if it were only for my last living weeks.

It would probably be one of the high points of my life, which, as depressing as it sounds, gives me something to look forward to in my life, which is rare for me these days.

I guess the real question here is, how do you deal with life?

Posted Apr 25, '12 at 10:42pm

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

4,970 posts

How can you not fear the chance of having no more adventures, or loving anyone any longer?

Because there's also never having to worry about anything or to feel any form of suffering like sickness, pain, hunger, greed, fear, anger, hate etc.

If I die a slow death, everyone I know will be at my side, and I'd be knowing that some people would remember me even if it were only for my last living weeks.

If.

Posted Apr 25, '12 at 10:44pm

Ernie15

Ernie15

12,527 posts

Knight

If.

If I don't, I won't ever find out. One of the perks of being dead.

Posted Apr 26, '12 at 8:00am

jkl3848

jkl3848

242 posts

Well actually, God can save those who are really faithful to him, and they will be saved and can live forever in a perfect world without violence or evil or suffering.
Go to www.watchtower.org for more.

Posted Apr 26, '12 at 12:39pm

sufinukman25

sufinukman25

14 posts

Man.....i dont know how answer this

Posted Apr 26, '12 at 1:02pm

Avorne

Avorne

3,224 posts

Get into an accident or contract some disease that requires a blood transfusion to give you any chance of surviving and tell me that being a Jehovah's Witness is still a good idea.

Anyway, death is just another part of life, no big deal - I'm not going to be around to worry about this sort of thing when I'm dead so why worry about it now?

Posted Apr 26, '12 at 4:01pm

Brbgn

Brbgn

91 posts

To be honest I've given this some thinking in the past years but not I realise that it's a waste of time to think about it.I'll just enjoy life as long as I can.

Posted Apr 26, '12 at 4:04pm

RaGzOr

RaGzOr

126 posts

Well, we all born to die.

The true meaning of this question is, if we lived everything that we really wanted.

I just hope when i die, i die fast without any kind of hard agony and with the feeling i had a really good life.

Reply to How do you deal with death?

You must be logged in to post a reply!