Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

How do you deal with death?

Posted Jun 13, '12 at 9:05pm

ellock

ellock

277 posts

Thinking about how you will deal with death is a waste of your thoughts. It will happen and I know where I will be so I do not fear it or think on it much. Fun fact!: Did you know that your DNA is made to kill itself. Even if you could get rid of normal deaths like heart failure and everything eventually you would just fall over dead and nothing can change it?

Thinking on that... why would you waste parts of your life worrying about how it will end?

Posted Jun 13, '12 at 11:10pm

stephenking

stephenking

564 posts

****, I forgot the link of the post, but I saw something on /r/Atheism (yes, Reddit, not 9crap)

It went something like this:

Imagine life like a cliff. You climbed it without fear, knowing that there was a net below and you were harnessed. After a while climbing the cliff, you looked down, only to realise that there was no harness in the first place, nor a net. You had climbed the cliff without help or safety. And that the cliff has no top. You realise that you will eventually stop climbing. Everyone will stop climbing, or fall.

They said it better, but I don't know the name, nor do I have the link. But it's on Reddit. /r/Atheism.

Posted Jun 14, '12 at 1:14am

SSTG

SSTG

10,838 posts

Knight

We all ask ourselves this question at some point in our life.
I don't think about it, I just make sure I'm not mad at someone and everything is well before I go sleep in case it's my last night because you never know...

Posted Jun 14, '12 at 4:47am

Jeff1999

Jeff1999

648 posts

Death is like a sleep without waking up.

Posted Nov 1, '12 at 10:46pm

Clancy12

Clancy12

3,938 posts

I really don't care about my death. I probably won't know about it tell it is about to happen and after that I won't be able to think about it.... or anything else really. I'll just be dead......

Posted Nov 3, '12 at 12:34am

Minotaur55

Minotaur55

1,244 posts

Knight

I use to handle death not so well, now it has no effect on me what so ever. The first time I experienced a death I was young, so it hit me hard. Second time, again, not so good. Now death has no effect on me and I don't fear death, thanks to my father. Painful or not, death isn't something I fear. So I guess that is the one benefit I have from my experiences...

Posted Nov 3, '12 at 12:44am

Balloon__Girl

Balloon__Girl

192 posts

Well my own death isn't really all that big a deal. When I die, I die. Not much I will be able to do about it. It will happen eventually, no matter what I do, so no reason for me to get uptight about it.

As far as other peoples death goes, I don't really handle it very well. I have a pretty hard time knowing that someone I care/cared about is gone.

Posted Nov 3, '12 at 1:47pm

partydevil

partydevil

5,094 posts

i dont fear death. just the way to die could be bad. everyone wants it to happen fast but will it go fast whit my own death?
oh well, i'll see that when it's time. nothing to bother about now.

Posted Nov 3, '12 at 6:42pm

EvilPiggy9001

EvilPiggy9001

3 posts

Well, as an atheist, I believe once I no longer live, I will cease to exist. My "soul" will, anyway. However, I know my body will be broken down and consumed by various organisms, and the energy from my lifeless body will return to the earth that it came from.

Death, is beautiful.

Posted Nov 3, '12 at 6:48pm

EvilPiggy9001

EvilPiggy9001

3 posts

Death isn't scary. It is going to come, and when it does, my body will return to the earth it was made from.

Reply to How do you deal with death?

You must be logged in to post a reply!