Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

How do you deal with death?

Posted Nov 4, '12 at 5:05pm

404011xz

404011xz

218 posts

I just don't think about it. Death will come for us all eventually, wether that be from old age or a bullet in our heart. All you can do is smile at him when he comes and say,"Did you bring the grenade I wanted?"

Posted Nov 4, '12 at 5:58pm

GhostOfHorror

GhostOfHorror

801 posts

To be honest, it's not really a concept I've thought of before or something that I'd like to think about anytime soon.

If were to dwell our lives in a bubble fearing something to happen, there'd be no point in living.

Posted Nov 6, '12 at 5:31am

ulsterscot

ulsterscot

3 posts

Acceptance is the only way.... well there is on the other hand denial of course

Posted Nov 6, '12 at 12:08pm

HahiHa

HahiHa

4,937 posts

Knight

Acceptance is the only way.... well there is on the other hand denial of course

Denial of death? 0.o
Well if by that you mean hope in an afterlife, you're certainly right. Though I find it funny that many religious people weep and mourn for the defuncts.. makes me think they're aware, consciously or not, that they'll never see them again.

Posted Nov 6, '12 at 12:14pm

GhostOfHorror

GhostOfHorror

801 posts

there is on the other hand denial of course

If you live your life in denial of dying, that's a pretty stupid philosophy.

Posted Nov 6, '12 at 5:22pm

Salvidian

Salvidian

3,950 posts

If you live your life in denial of dying, that's a pretty stupid philosophy.

Then you're calling zombies stupid. That's not very nice. >:|

I've had enough family members die over the years that I can manage death healthily.

Posted Nov 6, '12 at 6:36pm

Jumpper

Jumpper

153 posts

there was another thread about death heres a link to what I think
http://armorgames.com/community/thread/ … -afterlife

Posted Nov 6, '12 at 6:37pm

Jumpper

Jumpper

153 posts

sorry wrong link this is the quickest link
http://armorgames.com/community/thread/ … ife/page/4

Posted Nov 6, '12 at 6:53pm

sourwhatup2

sourwhatup2

3,255 posts

Well, first of all title and OP question are kinda different so I'll answer both.

How do you deal with the knowledge that your experience on Earth will end?

In my honest opinion I do not care, everyone dies at some point and if I could live forever I wouldn't really want that, the though that living on this planet for over even 100 years kinda makes me cringe. I know this isn't a very detailed statement, but meh.

How do you deal with death?

Now this is completely different. Basically this is saying how do you deal with death around you. For me after 18 years I have experienced some losses over my lifetime. And I have learned to accept death, people die, wether it be natural, murder, etc. There is a reason we are humans, animals, living organisms, that at one point or another die.

The first person I ever personally knew and died was my uncle on my mother's side, and of course I was suprised, and not happy about it, but I dealt with it, just like the rest of the crap that I've gone through. So yeah. Those are my opinions on this whole thing.

Posted Nov 8, '12 at 8:05pm

ProfessorOak

ProfessorOak

778 posts

Death to me is really interesting. Not in an evil way, I just find it fascinating. In the center of your brain, there is something called your pineal gland. Every night while you sleep, Dimethyltryptamine is released while you dream. It is also believed that this same chemical is heavily released all throughout the brain when you have near death or death experiences. Also keep in mind this is found in all mammals. Every single night our mind goes into another dimension, separated from our bodies and this physical world. And when we die the same thing might be happening. That's something to think about.

Reply to How do you deal with death?

You must be logged in to post a reply!