ForumsWEPRHow do you deal with death?

89 26854
Sssssnnaakke
Sssssnnaakke
1,036 posts
Scribe

How do you deal with the knowledge that your experience on Earth will end?

• 89 Replies
frodo86
frodo86
474 posts
Shepherd

Well, I definetly don't tell myself that I will spend eternity in a perfect world up in the sky.

thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

What can a person do about something inevitable?

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Make use of your time here instead of spending much of it praying to go somewhere else after death?

dair5
dair5
3,379 posts
Shepherd

Well if I were you I'd probably not over think that. I've tried over thinking it a few times. Every time I felt depressed and worthless afterwards. So yeah... Even if I was atheist I'd probably focus on anything but that.

frodo86
frodo86
474 posts
Shepherd

Funny how people live all their lives trying not to think of death. Then again, it's useless to live all your life thinking and dreading death.

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

death comes. can be 20 year can be tomorrow.
all time you waste about thinking of it. you could do something fun or interesting.
just have fun during your live and don't think to far ahead.
a few year ahead is good but 20/30 year (or longer) is just to much. (and useless)

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

You just...deal. It's inevitable, so there's not point in being consumed by it in my opinion.

ChillzMaster
ChillzMaster
1,435 posts
Nomad

"Momma always said Death was a part of Life,"

-Forrest Gump.

Sums it all up. Ah well. I don't plan on dying soon, and none of us should. There's just too much out there to live, to experience, to even consider dying.

-Chillz

nomoreheroes23
nomoreheroes23
75 posts
Nomad

There`s a few things I believe in:
Murphy`s law,Destiny,Someone that created the universe,and above all,REINCARNATION.

xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,711 posts
Blacksmith

if the last day of my live comes then i will die. i dont want to know when or how i will die. i die someday and thats it. i enjoy live by doing things that i like and by living my live.

EnterOrion
EnterOrion
4,223 posts
Nomad

I die. Everybody dies. Chances are, due to my preferable career path, I will make others die. Chances are they will make me die. There isn't a point in fearing what's coming to us all. Death is the final rest. No more fear, no more pain, no more guilt. On the flip side, no more adrenaline, no more females, and no more fun.

Death will be the best thing that will ever happen to me, and the worst thing that will ever happen to me.

Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

Well, none of the answers so far have been super compelling reading. They seem... like they need to be an answer rather than a discussion. Maybe it's just me. It feels like no one's seriously taken on the challenge of human mortality and grappled with it in a deep way. All the answers have been more shallow than I would like... I want to see someone take death seriously and THEN post a way of dealing with it.

I like this thread, though. I'm complaining because I believe in it. I like the chillingly simple OP. I'd like more complex answers, though.

Well, that being said and true enough, allow me to answer the titular question: I don't. I'm sad all the time.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

How do you deal with the knowledge that your experience on Earth will end?

Think of the possibility that the house you live in, the places you've been will not last forever and will be forgotten, eventually.
The possibility that the Universe as we know it will cease to exist. The possibility that even your best efforts, your experiences, your influence and effect on future generations will cease to have all meaning when the Universe is nothing but atoms that have an infinitesimally small probability of interaction? The possibility that Newton, Shakespeare, Beethoven, and Picasso will have no meaning because there will be no one?

You do your best at what you're doing and when it comes down to it, they can't say you didn't try. Even if it's fighting against the Universe. Do what you do. **** all else. Why do you do anything at all?

massmurrder
massmurrder
143 posts
Nomad

WEll if you die you will meet god and he will give you your fate
Hell
or
Heaven
these are the fates
to goto hell
lol
you will know you did bad things all of your life
to goto heaven
you will know you did everything good on your life (expect Aprill fooling day XD jk)
well i will die my friends will die everyone will die
and the dudes who doesnt belive in god they will be punished seriously O_O

massmurrder
massmurrder
143 posts
Nomad

Dont be sad if you died
if you died there you be happy and safe if you go to heaven

Showing 1-15 of 89