ForumsWEPRHow do you deal with death?

89 26907
Sssssnnaakke
Sssssnnaakke
1,036 posts
Scribe

How do you deal with the knowledge that your experience on Earth will end?

• 89 Replies
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

To me, death is something to look forward to. If I die a slow death, everyone I know will be at my side, and I'd be knowing that some people would remember me even if it were only for my last living weeks.

It would probably be one of the high points of my life, which, as depressing as it sounds, gives me something to look forward to in my life, which is rare for me these days.

I guess the real question here is, how do you deal with life?

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,442 posts
Jester

How can you not fear the chance of having no more adventures, or loving anyone any longer?

Because there's also never having to worry about anything or to feel any form of suffering like sickness, pain, hunger, greed, fear, anger, hate etc.

If I die a slow death, everyone I know will be at my side, and I'd be knowing that some people would remember me even if it were only for my last living weeks.

If.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

If.

If I don't, I won't ever find out. One of the perks of being dead.
jkl3848
jkl3848
242 posts
Peasant

Well actually, God can save those who are really faithful to him, and they will be saved and can live forever in a perfect world without violence or evil or suffering.
Go to www.watchtower.org for more.

sufinukman25
sufinukman25
14 posts
Peasant

Man.....i dont know how answer this

Avorne
Avorne
3,087 posts
Nomad

Get into an accident or contract some disease that requires a blood transfusion to give you any chance of surviving and tell me that being a Jehovah's Witness is still a good idea.

Anyway, death is just another part of life, no big deal - I'm not going to be around to worry about this sort of thing when I'm dead so why worry about it now?

Brbgn
Brbgn
87 posts
Nomad

To be honest I've given this some thinking in the past years but not I realise that it's a waste of time to think about it.I'll just enjoy life as long as I can.

RaGzOr
RaGzOr
132 posts
Shepherd

Well, we all born to die.

The true meaning of this question is, if we lived everything that we really wanted.

I just hope when i die, i die fast without any kind of hard agony and with the feeling i had a really good life.

jkl3848
jkl3848
242 posts
Peasant

Get into an accident or contract some disease that requires a blood transfusion to give you any chance of surviving and tell me that being a Jehovah's Witness is still a good idea

It may seem that way, but if it was bad, there is a good chance you would die, and blood transfusions rarely works more, and often works less, than not taking one. Most doctors now agree that not taking a blood transfusion is safer, because disease can be transferred.
Avorne
Avorne
3,087 posts
Nomad
jkl3848
jkl3848
242 posts
Peasant

I've never known anyone (and I know a lot of people who have had a kid) who died because of not taking a blood transfusion. That is probably just a myth. Not taking the transfusion is just as safe as not.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

Most doctors now agree that not taking a blood transfusion is safer, because disease can be transferred.

Right. Because having some risk of a curable disease in your blood is far worse than having no blood at all.
Avorne
Avorne
3,087 posts
Nomad

I don't think you read the article that I posted, so here, I'll post it and highlight the key parts for you:

In this nationwide retrospective study, the researchers examined all cases of maternal mortality in the Netherlands between 1983 and 2006, and all cases of serious maternal morbidity between 2004 and 2006.

The authors report that all identified cases of maternal mortality in Jehovah's witnesses during this period were caused by major obstetric haemorrhage. The refusal of red blood cell transfusion was found to be an important factor in the course of events leading to the death of these women. All cases of serious maternal morbidity in Jehovah's witnesses were similarly caused by major obstetric haemorrhage and linked to the refusal of red blood cell transfusion.

Professor Jos van Roosmalen, Chairman of the National Maternal Mortality Committee of the Netherlands Society of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, and supervisor of the research, said "In the Netherlands, the overall maternal mortality ratio due to obstetric haemorrhage is extremely low at 0.67 per 100,000 live births. Excellent blood transfusion facilities contribute heavily to this low ratio".

"Jehovah's witnesses, by refusing blood transfusion, expose themselves to a serious risk during childbirth. Our survey has shown a maternal mortality ratio due to obstetric haemorrhage of 68 per 100, 000 live births in this group, a 130 times higher risk than the average."
CheapCheep
CheapCheep
240 posts
Nomad

You get over it. My friend commit suicide about a couple months ago. Do I still think about him? Absolutely. But I dont let it hold me back from the life that I'M living now.

Death happens. Everyone has to go through it at some time. Is it bad? No. Is it good? Not really. But it happens, and you have to be the one who keeps going as long as you can.

nitin007
nitin007
85 posts
Peasant

I used to get nightmares about dying as a child. I got over it by telling myself that my time on Earth has to end, so I should just quit worrying about it and live life to its fullest.

Showing 31-45 of 89