ForumsWEPRHow do you deal with death?

89 26923
Sssssnnaakke
Sssssnnaakke
1,036 posts
Scribe

How do you deal with the knowledge that your experience on Earth will end?

• 89 Replies
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

We all ask ourselves this question at some point in our life.
I don't think about it, I just make sure I'm not mad at someone and everything is well before I go sleep in case it's my last night because you never know...

Jeff1999
Jeff1999
1,356 posts
Farmer

Death is like a sleep without waking up.

Clancy12
Clancy12
6,400 posts
Lord

I really don't care about my death. I probably won't know about it tell it is about to happen and after that I won't be able to think about it.... or anything else really. I'll just be dead......

Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

I use to handle death not so well, now it has no effect on me what so ever. The first time I experienced a death I was young, so it hit me hard. Second time, again, not so good. Now death has no effect on me and I don't fear death, thanks to my father. Painful or not, death isn't something I fear. So I guess that is the one benefit I have from my experiences...

Balloon__Girl
Balloon__Girl
213 posts
Shepherd

Well my own death isn't really all that big a deal. When I die, I die. Not much I will be able to do about it. It will happen eventually, no matter what I do, so no reason for me to get uptight about it.

As far as other peoples death goes, I don't really handle it very well. I have a pretty hard time knowing that someone I care/cared about is gone.

partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

i dont fear death. just the way to die could be bad. everyone wants it to happen fast but will it go fast whit my own death?
oh well, i'll see that when it's time. nothing to bother about now.

EvilPiggy9001
EvilPiggy9001
4 posts
Nomad

Well, as an atheist, I believe once I no longer live, I will cease to exist. My "soul" will, anyway. However, I know my body will be broken down and consumed by various organisms, and the energy from my lifeless body will return to the earth that it came from.

Death, is beautiful.

EvilPiggy9001
EvilPiggy9001
4 posts
Nomad

Death isn't scary. It is going to come, and when it does, my body will return to the earth it was made from.

404011xz
404011xz
212 posts
Farmer

I just don't think about it. Death will come for us all eventually, wether that be from old age or a bullet in our heart. All you can do is smile at him when he comes and say,"Did you bring the grenade I wanted?"

GhostOfHorror
GhostOfHorror
890 posts
Nomad

To be honest, it's not really a concept I've thought of before or something that I'd like to think about anytime soon.

If were to dwell our lives in a bubble fearing something to happen, there'd be no point in living.

ulsterscot
ulsterscot
3 posts
Nomad

Acceptance is the only way.... well there is on the other hand denial of course

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Acceptance is the only way.... well there is on the other hand denial of course

Denial of death? 0.o
Well if by that you mean hope in an afterlife, you're certainly right. Though I find it funny that many religious people weep and mourn for the defuncts.. makes me think they're aware, consciously or not, that they'll never see them again.
GhostOfHorror
GhostOfHorror
890 posts
Nomad

there is on the other hand denial of course

If you live your life in denial of dying, that's a pretty stupid philosophy.
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

If you live your life in denial of dying, that's a pretty stupid philosophy.

Then you're calling zombies stupid. That's not very nice. >:|

I've had enough family members die over the years that I can manage death healthily.
Jumpper
Jumpper
196 posts
Nomad

there was another thread about death heres a link to what I think

Showing 61-75 of 89