ForumsArt, Music, and WritingMetalheart and others brainteasers

45 11681
MetalHeart
MetalHeart
226 posts
Nomad

What has a face and two hands but no legs ?
Answer:A clock/watch

A other :A man and a women are standing on the same piece of newspaper.But they can't touch each other.Why not?

Answer:There's a door between them

• 45 Replies
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

Neither of those are original riddles, and you've already given us the answers to them. I don't see the logic behind making an entirely new thread for these two riddles rather than just posting them in a preexisting riddle thread.

And don't give us the answers next time.

MetalHeart
MetalHeart
226 posts
Nomad

I am giving the answers because if no one response to my brainteaser that means it's gone

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

If you want your thread to survive, suggestions are to write the riddles in poetry form, so they pass off as Art. Limericks or sonnets can serve a dual purpose of being Art and a riddle.

And of course, make it original. Just a thought if you want to continue this properly.

gnosiphile
gnosiphile
58 posts
Nomad

Just curious, but why does writing a riddle not count enough as writing to you, Nichodemus?

MetalHeart
MetalHeart
226 posts
Nomad

I know one really complicated :
A doctor and a boy are fishing . The boy is the doctor's son,but the doctor isn't the boys father.Who is the doctor ?
Answer : ???????????

MetalHeart
MetalHeart
226 posts
Nomad

it isn't that hard

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

I am giving the answers because if no one response to my brainteaser that means it's gone

People have much less of a reason to respond to a riddle if you give them the answer.

The boy is the doctor's son,but the doctor isn't the boys father.Who is the doctor ?

The doctor is the boy's mother. I answered that same basic riddle on page 5 of the thread I linked to.

Another reason to stick to preexisting riddle threads.
MetalHeart
MetalHeart
226 posts
Nomad

Sorry I didn't knew that one was rotten
How about this :
Mary's mother,Mrs Jones,has four children.The oldest,a boy,is called North.The next oldest,a girl,is called South.The third child,a boy,is called East.The youngest child is another girl.What's her name ?

Answer :??????????

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

Mary. Again, not an original riddle. If you want to post preexisting riddles somewhere, does it not make the most sense to post it in a preexisting riddle thread?

MetalHeart
MetalHeart
226 posts
Nomad

You post
I want to see a good one from you

MetalHeart
MetalHeart
226 posts
Nomad

Here's one :
A commercial says :This amazing small computer can do mathematics and write in all languages !It has a special 'delete' feature so you can correct mistakes !And you don't need electricity to use it !The price ? No more than the price of a newspaper !
What is the TV commercial selling ?

jsalmeron
jsalmeron
125 posts
Nomad

Ummm i think it is a... CALCULATOR!

Is that right?

MetalHeart
MetalHeart
226 posts
Nomad

No

nomoreheroes23
nomoreheroes23
75 posts
Nomad

A pencil?

jsalmeron
jsalmeron
125 posts
Nomad

Oh yeah it is a pencil DANG IT DANG IT DANG IT! im usually good at these.

And I have a question are we aloud to post riddles too?

Showing 1-15 of 45