ForumsSupport ForumArmor Games Video Game Contests

16 3594
XxPens87xX
XxPens87xX
79 posts
Nomad

Do you think Armor Games could have like scheduled Video Game events or contests on Xbox Live or w/e else there is. Ex: Call of Duty 4 contests etc.

• 16 Replies
plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

i dont think so because not everyone has those games

drakokirby
drakokirby
1,651 posts
Shepherd

Like Plokkey said, not everyone here owns one. Yeah, it's most likely their friends have it but eh. It will leave people out and that's won't be fun for them.

XxPens87xX
XxPens87xX
79 posts
Nomad

Yeah, but it would be pretty neat if we had a game contest. Or in fact, even better... Flash game creation contests for those who have flash. Those who don't, they will have a flash game playing contest or something

Salmanius
Salmanius
277 posts
Peasant

Any kind of contest you do will leave people out. Take a poll of the popular online games and find out which is the most common and do that!

crazynaitor
crazynaitor
2,612 posts
Jester

Yes I always do polls when poll is over I start a new one I even have one running now look at my page if you want to vote,

XCoheedX
XCoheedX
924 posts
Scribe

Well, I would love to have a SSBB (Super Smash Bros Brawl) competition, but like everyone said, not everyone has it. Even if you were to suggest a game that is on the site, it will be really hard to set up and moniter. Dan put one up a month or so ago though. (Haha that last 4 words rhymed! :P)

conquer01
conquer01
149 posts
Farmer

But then again, how many people do you need in a tournament? If you get 20 out of (random number) 2000 people that use this site, would it be that hard?

Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

@conquer, when Coheed said "monitor," I am sure he meant that it would be hard to keep hackers out. I know it may be obvious to spot a hacker, but a good one could weasel his/her way out.

UnknownShadow
UnknownShadow
132 posts
Blacksmith

I agree with salmanius in polling. Once you find out which game has the most plays, then you'll know that it isn't completely unreasonable to suggest a contest for that specific game.

Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

Does anyone listen? This could be sooo hard to monitor. A mod just can't go over to your house and watch you play the game. Hackers would flock to an oppertunity like this. But the way Dan has done it, is probably the best and maybe only wat to do it.

Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

Well the way Dan did it, he made alot of codes that went along with what score you get on the Obsessive Compulsive 2 game. The code was then sent in to AG, and the winner was decided from then. Also, not every game could be made into a contest. You can't do that on Last Stand, or Pillage the Villiage, but some would fit into that category.

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

Haha, I would be all up for busting into someone's house when the were playing the game.

Kick in the door, yell "AG Authorities here! You better not be #@$&* hacking!" Then stand over their shoulder until they finish the game. Now that would be amazing.

Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

That would definately go to Youtube! Haha, I need to get me a security camera! Of course after you do that, you'd get a one way ticket to the wackjob hospital, but at least your job was accomplished!

~Strider~

XxPens87xX
XxPens87xX
79 posts
Nomad

Well, something that involves a popular online game would be good for the site.

venturakid94
venturakid94
107 posts
Nomad

yea like if you look at jtmb02's tournament for i forget the name of the game :P, it was pretty cool
you get a tournament code and then you get mail back saying youre in, then somehow you show them your score. but it has to be a really well programmed game thats hard to hack. idk one, but it should be some form of puzzle or action game.

Showing 1-15 of 16