ForumsGame WalkthroughsPandemic

9 2791
pherocious
pherocious
4 posts
Nomad

I must be an idiot. But exactly how do you play this?

• 9 Replies
woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

You have to click on the stats thing every day choose what you want to upgrade. Click on the side bar to see where it is you want to infect

pherocious
pherocious
4 posts
Nomad

This doesn't have a sidebar. It has a map, which will show me information if I mouse over it, but doesn't seem to do anything else. There are upgrades for the virus, but after I've selected all of them there doesn't seem to be anything else to do in the game but keep clicking through the days until a message appears saying the game is over.

Where do you select where you want to infect?

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

There are upgrades for the virus, but after I've selected all of them there doesn't seem to be anything else to do in the game but keep clicking through the days until a message appears saying the game is over.

Yep, that's precisely it. You cannot select where you want to infect- all that is shown is where you have infected. The reason for this is because viruses and other infectious agents don't exactly move around on their own power- they rely on transmission between their targets to spread and survive.

The aim of the game is to modify your ability to transmit and kill such that from a single case, you wipe out the entire human race. Use the movement of people to your advantage- I think the game tells you how to do this.

One's understanding of the game really depends on how much they understand viruses and how they affect people.
pherocious
pherocious
4 posts
Nomad

AHA! I have now killed the entire world. Thank you!

ubertuna
ubertuna
2,123 posts
Shepherd

You cannot win pandemic without reducing your visibility to zero. Otherwise the airports will be shut down and you will lose. I suggest that you remove any traits that add to your visibility (such as coughing, sweating, vomiting, etc.) at the beginning and add traits that add lethality without visibility (immune failure, organ failure, etc.). You also want to get your virus airborne early, so it can spread to other countries as quickly as possible.

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Correct!

Or, as I toyed around with, reduced both lethality and visibility to zero as soon as I could and increased transmission effectiveness to its maximum (without touching symptoms) until the entire world was infected.

Then I start toying around with the symptoms and watch the entire world die off helplessly >

pherocious
pherocious
4 posts
Nomad

So how in the heck does anyone get 12500000 points...

ilovemoney249
ilovemoney249
813 posts
Nomad

thanks for the help now i can kill of of humanity <and maybe anything outside of earths atmoshpere>

florglee2
florglee2
1,778 posts
Peasant

lol this game should tie in with last stand. pandemic could be the prequel, how it started.

Showing 1-9 of 9