ForumsSupport ForumSite layout (Please read)

18 3347
venturakid94
venturakid94
107 posts
Nomad

i really dont like this site layout. If any moderators were here before this, to the games of gondor layout (yes ive been here for THAT long), then you might agree. it would show the new and popular games on the left side, so you didnt have to click home. it had more to it, other than a gray and green bubble. finally, in the blogs, you cant go back more than a page. the first time i played with the armatars and AP and stuff, i was stumped. you should atleast have a "site guide", explaining AP, spamming, rules, ETC. thanks for reading !

• 18 Replies
venturakid94
venturakid94
107 posts
Nomad

akay i forgot one thing. you should be able to do more with your AP. i think just an icon is pretty stupid. like, it just shows you either talk alot (on forums or in comments), or you spam. you should like possibly get free stuff from the store with like 20000 or something, a "rank" in the forums or in general.
Eg. Noob, apprentice, master, etc...
theres so much you can do with ap... but all you think of is icons!
sorry if this is a repost, i believe its not, but i looked through the last 3 pages of posts, and havent seen it. TY for reading

plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

which was the games of gondor layout? i have been here for really long time

i remember when they used to have a funnies section

Well the rules are found at the top of this forum where at the sticky, or another help link is at the bottom next to Blog and Terms and Conditions
also where you can leave a comment, the the top right, it says Rules&guidelines.

plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

there is also a search funtion up top where it says games, scroll down to cumminty instead of flipping through pages.

you mean a type of cumminty level? like how well you help out and stuff?

DragonMistress
DragonMistress
1,060 posts
Blacksmith

the first time i played with the armatars and AP and stuff, i was stumped. you should atleast have a "site guide", explaining AP, spamming, rules, ETC

The help section of the website is like the 'Site Guide' you speak of, and the forums have their own FAW that answers all your questions, plus offers some helpful information about the forums.

Also, there are "ranks" in the forums/in general, we have Serf, Squire, etc.

I would say that I wish the forum layout would be different, and I think the game layout should be much more interesting, but I don't think it's too bad.
DragonMistress
DragonMistress
1,060 posts
Blacksmith

Eep! Edit to above, I meant FAQ, not FAW ^.^ Its been a long day.

venturakid94
venturakid94
107 posts
Nomad

Lol dragon mistress. but i miss just being able to click on a link for popular and new games, other than having to scroll to the top and look in small text. also, the GoG layout was like a midieval theme, and the "adventure" section was called gondor games. Finally, for dragonmistress, i wouldnt have guessed to look at small font at the bottom of the page for a help section, or the forums. There should be a link at the top next to like blogs and stuff.

DragonMistress
DragonMistress
1,060 posts
Blacksmith

I have to agree there, I made that suggestion a while ago but the response it elicited made it seem that they are happy to have it at the bottom. It is also in the 'Contact' page, but I think it should be clearer as to where it is. Some of the less self-guided people on the site have a tendency to make spammy thread that would be answered easily with a blatant, blinking, sparkley link to the help section, haha.

LordBob
LordBob
517 posts
Nomad

all these ideas seem to get beaten down by these reasons

it had more to it, other than a gray and green bubble

AG already has a "very slow" rating for page loading on Alexa so it would only make it faster

get free stuff from the store with like 20000 or something

imagine this: SUPA SPAMMERS who spam all the time for more AP and free stuff, they may even make spam bots that make comments that barley don't pass as spam like "it was good because of the gameplay" and then AG goes bankrupt and we all say "why did venturakid 94 suggest that!?"
LordBob
LordBob
517 posts
Nomad

it would only make it faster

it would only make it SLOWER sorry
crazynaitor
crazynaitor
2,612 posts
Jester

I have not been around from Games of Gonder but I think I went on it before well I joined Armor Games in February so I know rules and all of that stuff but yea why did they change the site layout?

jwalshjr
jwalshjr
537 posts
Peasant

Yes, and if you go to the Homepage there is a thing where they put the new games, and popular games are on the right, so if you don't go right to your profile that shouldn't be a big deal. =D

plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

well i dont mind the new layout change from like the beginning of the year, but i miss a few things about the old layout

venturakid94
venturakid94
107 posts
Nomad

yeah and what are you takling about a long time to load? the bar at the top is one picture. it could be 1 color or like a famous painting or something, itll take the same amount of time to load. And i really just hate looking at like two colors. the site just got like blah.

venturakid94
venturakid94
107 posts
Nomad

yeah and what are you takling about a long time to load? the bar at the top is one picture. it could be 1 color or like a famous painting or something, itll take the same amount of time to load. And i really just hate looking at like two colors. the site just got like blah.

plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

yes i understand, GoG had a nice picture at the top

unfortunately it would take up a lot of space

Showing 1-15 of 18