ForumsProgramming ForumCould I use game salad to make a game for AG?

6 7526
ellock
ellock
385 posts
Blacksmith

I know how to use Game Salad and well that is about it. I know it is for more basic stuff but I was wondering if I could submit the game to here? Yes? No? anyway thanks for the answer!

• 6 Replies
arobegamr
arobegamr
130 posts
Nomad

If it can publish .swf (shockwave-flash) files, then you can use it to make a game to submit, but it has to be high enough quality.

ellock
ellock
385 posts
Blacksmith

I know it could do the quality but I do not know about the .swf

Thanks!

Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

I know it could do the quality
He means game quality like how good the overall game is and if your working with game salad and it's your first game then the quality will most likely not be there. Also to my knowledge game salad doesn't publish swf. Swf file format belongs to Adobe Systems so if it doesn't have any ties to Adobe it's not going to publish swf files. Also when I did some research I found that gamesalad produced html 5 content mainly aimed at mobile devices.
mightybob
mightybob
360 posts
Peasant

the only program that can publish .swf files are adobe's: flash professional (i have CS5) and flash builder (I think)

pirateplatypusgames
pirateplatypusgames
37 posts
Nomad

There are a few more options for saving to SWF. Game Maker has an add-on you can buy to export as SWF. Though I'd suggest staying away from any of those environments that claim you can make a game without coding. I don't think I can recall a single decent, let alone good, game to come out of Games Factory.

The Flex SDK (opensource.adobe.com) can compile AS3 into a swf.

Flagstone software seems to have a tool to convert Java to SWF.
http://www.flagstonesoftware.com/transform/

From what I've heard Haxe can compile SWFs too.
http://haxe.org

Nerdsoft
Nerdsoft
1,266 posts
Peasant

I believe Flixel can and I know Stencyl can.

Showing 1-6 of 6