Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Bullying

Posted Jun 7, '12 at 10:57pm

zakyman

zakyman

1,588 posts

OH NO! NOT YOUR SELF ESTEEM! How dare they, those fiends! Damaging self esteem!

"He laughs at scars that never felt a wound."
-William Shakespeare

Why do you laugh at the bullied? Self-esteem is a huge issue, because it's your self-worth. If you feel that you have no self-worth, what will get you up in the morning? If you wake up every day feeling like a piece of crap, why would you want to continue living like that? What would motivate you to face the day, to put yourself through the same crap? I've been there. I've been close to the edge. You laugh at us now...but until you've been taunted to the point where suicide is a frequent thought, you can never really comment on how words can really hurt someone, how words can steal from a person's self-esteem and make them feel like the contents of a Port-a-Potty. So how about this. You get bullied to within an inch of your life, and THEN you can laugh at how it can hurt your self-esteem. Deal?

Posted Jun 7, '12 at 11:08pm

thepunisher93

thepunisher93

1,859 posts

Why do you laugh at the bullied? Self-esteem is a huge issue, because it's your self-worth. If you feel that you have no self-worth, what will get you up in the morning? If you wake up every day feeling like a piece of crap, why would you want to continue living like that? What would motivate you to face the day, to put yourself through the same crap?

A hope of better tomorrow

I've been there. I've been close to the edge. You laugh at us now...but until you've been taunted to the point where suicide is a frequent thought, you can never really comment on how words can really hurt someone, how words can steal from a person's self-esteem and make them feel like the contents of a Port-a-Potty. So how about this. You get bullied to within an inch of your life, and THEN you can laugh at how it can hurt your self-esteem. Deal?

Every one gets bullied, no need to make a big deal out of it.

Posted Jun 7, '12 at 11:33pm

314d1

314d1

3,510 posts

"He laughs at scars that never felt a wound."
-William Shakespeare

Since obviously no one has ever made fun of me before.

Why do you laugh at the bullied?

Why not?

Self-esteem is a huge issue, because it's your self-worth.

And why, exactly, is that important?

If you feel that you have no self-worth, what will get you up in the morning?

The thought of making something of myself? It seems kind of lazy just to not get up in the morning.

If you wake up every day feeling like a piece of crap, why would you want to continue living like that?

Because living is amazing? There are some things that your poor little self esteem can not take from you.

What would motivate you to face the day, to put yourself through the same crap?

Courage and bravery? I thought I had established that I believe people who give in to things like that are weak cowards?

I've been there. I've been close to the edge

Care to tell us more? I am obviously deeply interested.

You laugh at us now...but until you've been taunted to the point where suicide is a frequent thought, you can never really comment on how words can really hurt someone, how words can steal from a person's self-esteem and make them feel like the contents of a Port-a-Potty.

Why would I be taunted to the point where suicide is almost a viable option? It would seem I have a lot more strength then you, if simple words can break you to a sniveling pulp. If words can kill you, you are weak.

You get bullied to within an inch of your life, and THEN you can laugh at how it can hurt your self-esteem.

By words? It would take a hundred years, cancer, and a trip to the hospital to get me within my inch of my life with words.

Deal?

Nope, I don't have a hundred years on me at the moment. How about an experiment? How about you- a random person who's opinion I literally care nothing about - insult me? It would be just like you where taunted, right? By random people you don't care about?

Posted Jun 8, '12 at 12:03am

dair5

dair5

2,479 posts

Why not?

Because it's mean and it hurts their feelings.

Because living is amazing? There are some things that your poor little self esteem can not take from you.

There are things your self esteem can't take from you. But people are different. Some do end up killing themselves over that.

Courage and bravery? I thought I had established that I believe people who give in to things like that are weak cowards?

And I suppose you've been there and you can say this now because you've been suicidal and depressed. Right?

It would seem I have a lot more strength then you, if simple words can break you to a sniveling pulp. If words can kill you, you are weak.

Or maybe you weren't hurt as bad as he was. Or maybe you're just the kind of person who doesn't care what others people think of him. Or maybe you really are just naturally stronger emotionally. There are multiple solutions. And none of them really make the suicidal person "weak". I guess in the sense that they're hurt and they feel weak. But they're not just weak people.

Nope, I don't have a hundred years on me at the moment. How about an experiment? How about you- a random person who's opinion I literally care nothing about - insult me? It would be just like you where taunted, right? By random people you don't care about?

People aren't always bullied by one random person. It can be multiple. Sometimes it can be people they really care about. Sometimes it can be a large group. Actually, whenever someone is hurt by bullying, they do care about what the bully is saying, or they care about the bully(s). I don't really think anyone gets sad when a random stranger says random things to them.

Posted Jun 8, '12 at 12:18am

R2D21999

R2D21999

8,172 posts

i had this bullying problem yesterday i saw this kid picking on my friend i walked up to that kid and told him to back off and leave him alone. it probably didnt change him but i know he was thinking whats wrong with these people getting in our buisness.

Posted Jun 8, '12 at 12:30am

314d1

314d1

3,510 posts

Because it's mean and it hurts their feelings.

Oh no! NOT THEIR FEELINGS! Anything but that!

There are things your self esteem can't take from you. But people are different. Some do end up killing themselves over that.

And those people are cowards. Thanks for making my point.

And I suppose you've been there and you can say this now because you've been suicidal and depressed. Right?

I can say this because I have never been suicidally depressed. That is for the weak and chemically imbalanced.

Or maybe you weren't hurt as bad as he was. Or maybe you're just the kind of person who doesn't care what others people think of him. Or maybe you really are just naturally stronger emotionally. There are multiple solutions. And none of them really make the suicidal person "weak". I guess in the sense that they're hurt and they feel weak. But they're not just weak people.

Yes, it does make them weak. If they can not take on a task that any average human being can shrug off with ease, they are weak. Just like you would call a man weak if he was knocked down by a water gun.

People aren't always bullied by one random person. It can be multiple.

Oh no! Not multiple people! Everyone knows that if you say something enough, with enough people, it makes it true! With multiple people, that is like multiple emotional damage!

Actually, whenever someone is hurt by bullying, they do care about what the bully is saying, or they care about the bully(s).

...Why? I doubt they are friends or relatives, it doesn't sound like they are, so why should he  care? They are just random, irrelevant kids. There is no reason to even listen to what they are saying.

I don't really think anyone gets sad when a random stranger says random things to them.

Then everyone is bullied by their friends and family?

Posted Jun 8, '12 at 12:44am

Kasic

Kasic

5,572 posts

With multiple people, that is like multiple emotional damage!

C-C-C-C-Combo!

I have to agree with 314d1 about the verbal part. If you're breaking down because someone is calling you names, you're a wimp.

However, if that name calling is resulting in physical harm (i.e, being called a Nazi when it's not true and people beat you up for it) then it's a problem.

Posted Jun 8, '12 at 1:45am

botinok

botinok

36 posts

Was a bully and get bullied too.
See no difference.Was bulling only fashionable ones and "alfamales".
When i was bullied i just start a fight, it's painfull sometimes but better fight and lost than not to fight at all.

Posted Jun 8, '12 at 4:24am

IceDrakeknight

IceDrakeknight

361 posts

Bullying is also one of the ways to gain some popularity and reputation.Or they just want to throw there pain to others by physically beating them up and imagining either the one who inflicted that person with pain

Posted Jun 8, '12 at 7:21am

acmed

acmed

1,921 posts

Bullying is also one of the ways to gain some popularity and reputation.

Amen brotha. The only way to be popular in my school is to treat others like crap. It sucks to be nice.

Reply to Bullying

You must be logged in to post a reply!