Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Bullying

Posted Feb 16, '13 at 4:36pm

thepunisher93

thepunisher93

1,859 posts

Fight fire with fire, they bully you, bully them more.

Posted Feb 16, '13 at 7:46pm

JuicyFruits

JuicyFruits

171 posts

That's what people do. They don't want to act like some tattletale and go tell a teacher in front of people, they want to fight back and not be a baby.

I've never been bullied, like at all. I can tell it truly hurts. My best friend's boyfriend like broke up and started singing I'm a single man!He kept being all mean and making fun of her. My friends and I tried to cheer her up and stuff but she was thinking of committing suicide. Luckily she didn't.

Posted Feb 17, '13 at 4:09am

Kasic

Kasic

5,572 posts

Here we have a basic misunderstanding of the concept of bullying.

There are three parts to what defines an action to be bullying: Imbalance of power is the most important. There is then actions or words which are intended to cause harm emotionally or physically. Lastly, it must be chronic.

A bigger kid walking up to a smaller one and taking their money/hitting them is theft/assault. Not bullying.

A kid who makes a joke without intent of embarrassing anyone is not bullying someone who becomes embarrassed.

A kid who constantly light-heartedly messes with someone and does not cause them distress is obviously, not a bully.

Mixing two together produces similar results, but are still not bullying.

Chronic + Intent to harm = Discrimination.
Intent to harm + Imbalance of power = Assault/etc.
Imbalance of power + Chronic = Awkward relationship.

It's only when you have all three parts that something is considered bullying. If the victim is capable of fighting back and stopping the bully, that's called a fight or having an enemy. Not bullying. Now, the other person could still be intending to bully them, but they are not being bullied if they can defend themselves from it. It's just aggravation at that point.

Posted Feb 17, '13 at 4:24am

xgeogander

xgeogander

175 posts

just get use to it. -_-
it's your life. just accept it

Posted Feb 17, '13 at 6:59am

Devoidless

Devoidless

3,553 posts

just get use to it. -_-
it's your life. just accept it

So you like spitting the same rhetoric the school system has been using for ages? "Boys will be boys." "It's part of growing up."

Bull. It is reasoning like that which leads to people killing themselves or having severe mental trauma for the rest of their life due to being bullied, and others becoming psychopaths that can only get through life by roughing someone else up as bullies.

Posted Feb 18, '13 at 3:37pm

Vendablebow

Vendablebow

30 posts

Bully's are not strong, but weak minded individuals. That is why they feel the need to pick on others. If your a strong minded individual, just intellectually shut them up. That is your greatest weapon, knowledge. It is literally your power.  Also, if your bigger than a bully picking on a friend of yours, or just some poor kid you see getting picked on in school. Say something to the bully, that's what I did. They don't like it very well when they get put in their place.

Posted Feb 18, '13 at 3:53pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

4,195 posts

If your a strong minded individual, just intellectually shut them up. That is your greatest weapon, knowledge. It is literally your power.

Bullys, as a generality, exercise superiority to a point of violence. Being smarter intellectually is not going to stop them from hurting you. On the contrary. A bully wants to be superior, and if he can't be intellectually superior, he'll be physically superior. No school bully (that I've ever heard of) has ever said "Give me your money or I'll talk about Calculus."

Also, if your bigger than a bully picking on a friend of yours, or just some poor kid you see getting picked on in school. Say something to the bully, that's what I did. They don't like it very well when they get put in their place

It wasn't that you were smarter. It was that you were bigger. He would have picked on you just as much if you were smaller than him.

Posted Feb 18, '13 at 3:57pm

Vendablebow

Vendablebow

30 posts

It wasn't that you were smarter. It was that you were bigger. He would have picked on you just as much if you were smaller than him.

Well turning a blind eye to the BS wont help either man.

Posted Feb 18, '13 at 4:09pm

Kasic

Kasic

5,572 posts

Bully's are not strong, but weak minded individuals. That is why they feel the need to pick on others.

This is another common misconception about bullying. Bullies may be bullies because they are trying to deal with their own issues and are taking it out on others, but that is far from the case every time. Many bullies are also victims of bullying, and many bullies don't realize that they are being a bully.

Ever heard the line, "I was just joking"? That's the truth for some of them, they didn't intend for things to go as far as they did or didn't realize it was hurting the other person.

Any time you try to shove one reason onto a broad issue, all you do is make yourself look foolish.

Well turning a blind eye to the BS wont help either man.

Making the bully look like an idiot or picking a fight with them won't help either.

If you want to stop bullying, there's a few good options.

1) Stop doing whatever it is that you're being bullied for. This is the most simple solution. If you can't stop then ignore this.

2) Confront the bully, but not in a violent or antagonistic way. They may not be aware that what they are doing is bothering you. If they don't stop after you do this, move on to the next point.

3) Ignore the bully. If you stop responding to their taunts, they'll lose interest. If after a few weeks they don't stop, move on.

4) Involve teachers/parents/friends and ask them for their support. At this point you have taken every reasonable action against the bully that will not get you in trouble. Teachers/parents have much more authority than your friends and will be able to help you far better.

Violence may stop a bully, but it may also make things worse. Not even counting that you can be punished for retaliating.

Posted Feb 18, '13 at 4:14pm

Vendablebow

Vendablebow

30 posts

Making the bully look like an idiot or picking a fight with them won't help either.

If you want to stop bullying, there's a few good options.

1) Stop doing whatever it is that you're being bullied for. This is the most simple solution. If you can't stop then ignore this.

2) Confront the bully, but not in a violent or antagonistic way. They may not be aware that what they are doing is bothering you. If they don't stop after you do this, move on to the next point.

3) Ignore the bully. If you stop responding to their taunts, they'll lose interest. If after a few weeks they don't stop, move on.

4) Involve teachers/parents/friends and ask them for their support. At this point you have taken every reasonable action against the bully that will not get you in trouble. Teachers/parents have much more authority than your friends and will be able to help you far better.

Violence may stop a bully, but it may also make things worse. Not even counting that you can be punished for retaliating.

Sad thing is, by the time some of the students that have been in the news got to step 4 they committed suicide. At some point we have to stop "thinking" about what the bully needs, and deal with the bully himself/herself. If someone says something to someone jokingly, and it hurts the other person's feelings on a consistent basis, I highly doubt they were ever joking in the first place. See my point? I bully doesn't do a once a time thing, its reoccurs.

What has happened in America where we tend to care more about the bully than the bullied? lol pussification at its best

Reply to Bullying

You must be logged in to post a reply!