ForumsWEPRBullying

491 140871
157C
157C
58 posts
Peasant

What do You think about bulling? i get bullied myself and it's not fun Plz reply what you think about it because it cause suicide,people bring knives and guns to school, and it just hurts them. What do you think? Don't be scared to stand up, Speak Up!

• 491 Replies
314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

How should I know? ALl I know is that it happens.

....Why do you know why it happens then?

I once knew a girl that was made fun of by my entire class and most of our grade. And there was absolutly no reason for it. She wasn't annoying, she wasn't mean. She was just a regular kid who had to go through some really messed up stuff.

So why should she care what a bunch of random people think about her, again?

And how would you feel if everyone rejected you. Everyone. What would you do as a 10, 11, or 12 year old?

Go home and play on the computer? That is probably the most logical thing to do, not kill yourself. Out of curiosity, what would you do?

Mental disorders do not need to involve people who are born chemically unblanced. Depression is a mental disorder. If you are going to commit suicide, then you are likly depressed before that. So just about everyone who commits suicide had a mental disorder before they did it.

It is called a mental disorder because it isn't something most people have. That is what a disorder is. It is weakness if they simply give in, if it is do to the way they are born they can hardly help it. The chemically unbalanced have an excuse, otherwise it is just weakness.

Because kids are in general different. They tend not to be as hardened to life as adults are

And you harden leather by leaving it in the sun. So wouldn't bullying help harden the kids, for real life?

And while an adult can just leave a place he doesn't like, children can't always do that.

When do adults get bullied when they can leave, exactly?

So if you're bullied at school but mommy and daddy won't listen, you're must go to school and continued to be bullied and feel bad about yourself. Over, and over, and over, and over again

Oh no! Not getting called mild names between actual classes! How horrible!

Or maybe the child isn't close enough with their parents to explain the situation, which is a compleatly different problem. No whereever the kid goes there will be no love.

"Kids are making fun of me at school mommy. Go and slap them!" How simple is that? You don't exactly have to be close to the parents to say that?

Does this sound in the least bit sad to you?

I am utterly tearing.

Ignoring such things, laughing at it, and all that requires a certain apblomb and self-confidence that not all have; usually the targets are targets because of that.

Which is weakness, is it not?

I can talk out of experience, although I have luckily never had to put up with false facebook pages (back then noone knew what facebook was (happy times..))

The horrors of coming out of a fake closet? OH NO!

Really, if all your friends believe that you are legitimately sending them sexual messages, then you where probably messed up before someone made all the fake facebook pages.

My problem was not only that I lacked self-confidence, but that I took everything that was said to me much too seriously. I'm pretty sure only half of the comments that I felt as harassing were actually meant that way. But it still harassed me.

Wait...You not only where offended by "offensive things"...But you are so weak that you are brought to your knees by something not even meant to be offensive?

Although I'm sure zakyman doesn't take you any bit seriously, what you're doing is bullying, not physically but psychically, which can still be just as dreadful for some.

Oh no! I am apparently bullying someone with words! Not words in real life, of course, but words on a computer screen! How will the poor sap live with himself, after a random guy on the internet BULLIED him? Quickly, call the ambulance! This man's emotions have been damaged!

You might ignore this but most targets know already they should ignore it, know they should laugh at it, but are incapable of exactly that.

Then they are weak, if they know what to do but are incapable.

You can laugh at them as much as you want for not doing so; they would too if they could.

Then I will continue to laugh at you weak people, who's kriptonite is words.

Keeping a low self-esteem helps too. If you inflate yourself without substance, you pop a lot easier. If you keep in mind exactly what you really are (1/7,000,000,000 of the population), and your true personality and accomplishments, which don't ammount to much, you'll get to the core of yourself which is pretty darn resilient.

Wait. So keeping a high self esteem helps you ignore it. Keeping a low self esteem helps you ignore it. So everyone can ignore it then?

@314d1 Why are you implying everything about bullying is fine, people can not meerly brush it off as you pose they can.

Then they are weak if they can not brush off such weak assaults as words.

Stop thinking your better than everyone else and come back down to Earth and realise the true horrors of bullying!

I can't tell, are you on my side? This sounds like something I would say. Except even more sarcastically.
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

An attempt to end bullying is just another passing fad. Truthfully, it will never end because it can't end. It's just our human nature to desire to bully. Bullies have existed since th beginning of time. Is it nice? No. Is it right? No. Is it natural? Undebatebly.

dair5
dair5
3,379 posts
Shepherd

....Why do you know why it happens then?

Because I've seen it. The story about the girl I wrote, that was an example.

So why should she care what a bunch of random people think about her, again?

Because they aren't just random strangers. They aren't people she will meet on line at the supermarket who happened to be a little rude. These are people she needs to deal with at least 5 days a week for 8 hours. She can't just quit school, she can't just pretend to not hear what they say. At some point she probably liked some of them before they were mean to her.

Go home and play on the computer? That is probably the most logical thing to do, not kill yourself. Out of curiosity, what would you do?

I'd probably be very upset and get counseling.

It is called a mental disorder because it isn't something most people have. That is what a disorder is. It is weakness if they simply give in, if it is do to the way they are born they can hardly help it. The chemically unbalanced have an excuse, otherwise it is just weakness.

So what you're saying is that people should just deal with these disorders? I'd assume that since it is a disorder you'd want be to get help to smooth things out. Or I guess we could just let them fend for themselves. Survival of the fittest right?

"Kids are making fun of me at school mommy. Go and slap them!" How simple is that? You don't exactly have to be close to the parents to say that?

There are plenty of parents whose response to that would be "Shhh! Later, later I'm watching this show." Not all parents would do as much as you think they would for their kid. Or they might just tell their kid to suck it up. Or maybe the kid doesn't even like their parent enough to be able to confront them on an issue like that.

Wait...You not only where offended by "offensive things"...But you are so weak that you are brought to your knees by something not even meant to be offensive?

Why is it that you have such a dislike for "weak" people? And what I find even stranger is that these are kids we're talking about. Would you really call a kid whose suicidal a coward because he feels hurt from bullying? And what would calling him a coward do exactly? Do you think it's going to make him rethink his ways and start a new and better life?

Then I will continue to laugh at you weak people, who's kriptonite is words.

Are you just unable to understand the pain because they're different from you? Because it hurts them, and you think that it's okay. As if it's okay to intentionally hurt someone. People are affected by things differently, what is a weakness to one may not be a weakness to another. Let's say you were scared of snakes, should that mean that it's okay for a snake trainer to watch and laugh while snakes (not leathal) slither on you? No, it's just insensitive. Just because he doesn't understand you pain, he considers you weak and laughs at you. That's pretty similar to what you're doing here.

And an MMA fighter can call you weak for not being able to brush off such weak assults as punches from a regular man. Is that right?
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

Wait. So keeping a high self esteem helps you ignore it. Keeping a low self esteem helps you ignore it. So everyone can ignore it then?

Keeping a high self esteem seems like the more common and accepted path (society pushes it at least) because it's easy to overvalue yourself and you feel good as long as it lasts, but it gets crushed if you don't have anything to back it up. That's partly what leads to depression and such because that's the part that 'hurts'. If you know exactly who and what you are and are ok with yourself, you've already wiped out all the self-hype and there's really nothing left for an opponent to attack.

Do you think it's going to make him rethink his ways and start a new and better life?

It worked for me.
314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

Because I've seen it. The story about the girl I wrote, that was an example.

Who was made fun of by her friends?

Because they aren't just random strangers. They aren't people she will meet on line at the supermarket who happened to be a little rude. These are people she needs to deal with at least 5 days a week for 8 hours. She can't just quit school, she can't just pretend to not hear what they say. At some point she probably liked some of them before they were mean to her.

Then nonrandom strangers. They are just strangers, no matter how long they spend together, they are just random people who really don't matter. Why would their opinion matter?

I'd probably be very upset and get counseling.

Your therapist would hate you, wouldn't he? I don't see how that would be much better.

So what you're saying is that people should just deal with these disorders? I'd assume that since it is a disorder you'd want be to get help to smooth things out.

It is a disorder the same way necrophilia is a mental disorder, it is simply something that is not considered normal for the culture your living in. It is not a disease, it is just a state of mind that most people don't like.

Or I guess we could just let them fend for themselves. Survival of the fittest right?

If you want to try to make them stronger, go right ahead. Not much is gained from letting them kill themselves.

There are plenty of parents whose response to that would be "Shhh! Later, later I'm watching this show." Not all parents would do as much as you think they would for their kid.

What do I think they will do, exactly? They can't raise a toe to help, really.

Why is it that you have such a dislike for "weak" people?

Why not? Is it wrong to be disgusted when someone wants to kill themselves over what someone said?

And what I find even stranger is that these are kids we're talking about.

Do you know what kids have to go threw in other parts of the world? There are child soldiers. There are starving children. There are sex slaves. And do you know what these children do? They do an amazing thing. They survive. They continue living, few even think of killing themselves. But these middle class and upper class kids? They are called a name and think of killing themselves. They are cowards, with all the hell children go threw in poor continents, a man who is a king compared to them thinks that his life is not worth living. It is pathetic.

Would you really call a kid whose suicidal a coward because he feels hurt from bullying?

I think I just did. Several times, in fact.

And what would calling him a coward do exactly? Do you think it's going to make him rethink his ways and start a new and better life?

No more than anything you post will change my mind, right?

Are you just unable to understand the pain because they're different from you?

How are they different from me, exactly?

Because it hurts them, and you think that it's okay.

It isn't that much hurting, exactly. It is just words. Words don't hurt.

People are affected by things differently, what is a weakness to one may not be a weakness to another.

Yes it is. If you can not defeat things that everyone else can defeat, especially when you have advantages they don't, your weak.

Let's say you were scared of snakes, should that mean that it's okay for a snake trainer to watch and laugh while snakes (not leathal) slither on you?

If you where scared of snakes, why in hell would you know a snake trainer?

No, it's just insensitive. Just because he doesn't understand you pain, he considers you weak and laughs at you. That's pretty similar to what you're doing here.

At the very least, there is probably a reason they are afraid of snakes. Snakes are a physical being, and something that humanity has feared for years. This is just words, not any phobia that you could have, but something I could type at this moment.

And an MMA fighter can call you weak for not being able to brush off such weak assults as punches from a regular man. Is that right?

Perhaps, depending on how strong everyone else is. If everyone else was able to easily absorb the punches, I would be weak. Which in this case, with billions upon billions being able to withstand this threat of words, if you are unable to your are weak.

Keeping a high self esteem seems like the more common and accepted path (society pushes it at least) because it's easy to overvalue yourself and you feel good as long as it lasts, but it gets crushed if you don't have anything to back it up. That's partly what leads to depression and such because that's the part that 'hurts'. If you know exactly who and what you are and are ok with yourself, you've already wiped out all the self-hype and there's really nothing left for an opponent to attack.

I suppose it is an interesting strategy. I guess if you have nothing to tear down, you can't really get lower. You can't attack a city that is not there.

It worked for me.

Really? Does everyone on this ****ed forum have a depression in their past?
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

Really? Does everyone on this ****ed forum have a depression in their past?

Probably. At least I snapped out of it and realized that I needed to make a change in my outlook.
BoredMartian
BoredMartian
676 posts
Nomad

Bullying is a bad thing to do is that clear mkay

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

Bullying is a bad thing to do is that clear mkay

It certainly builds character if you take it the right way.
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

Adding to that, think of it like drill instructors in the military. Their words are usually abusive and would certainly qualify as bullying, but people volunteer to get shouted at for weeks because in the end it helps.

dair5
dair5
3,379 posts
Shepherd

Do you know what kids have to go threw in other parts of the world? There are child soldiers. There are starving children. There are sex slaves. And do you know what these children do? They do an amazing thing. They survive. They continue living, few even think of killing themselves. But these middle class and upper class kids? They are called a name and think of killing themselves. They are cowards, with all the hell children go threw in poor continents, a man who is a king compared to them thinks that his life is not worth living. It is pathetic.

So money buys happiness? Not love, not support, none of that? Because that's the feeling I get here. Yes, the kids are usally born into fairly fortunate families, but just having money shouldn't mean that you will be happy. Besides, I don't consider the ones who kill themselves weak, so much as I consider the ones who survive very strong. Tell me, if most of those kids survive even after going trough all that pain, is it fair for me to call the rare one who commits suicide a coward? After all, everyone else could deal with all that pain. If they could deal with it, then that one kid who couldn't must have been weak right?

And you really understate the amount of bullying they recieve. No one just meets a random stranger on the street who said something rude and decided to kill themselves. Before they do they are often depressed for a long time. Months, years, and they don't see their life getting any better. They really don't want to live the kind of life where there is no love and as far as they can see never will be. (At least that's my guess) It's probably a lot worse considering they're willing to die over it.

It isn't that much hurting, exactly. It is just words. Words don't hurt.

Words don't hurt you. But words hurt other people, and it's not their fault that they're hurt by words. No one chooses to be hurt by words, that wouldn't even make any sense. Please understand that words hurt some more than others and that it's just because they're different, not because they're weak people who deserve to be mocked at laughed at and put through more pain. Not knowing someone's pain is not a good excuse to laugh at their pain. It's also why I brought up the snake scenario. So, ignoring the fact that you're afraid of snakes and know a snake trainer, does this scenario make you weak? Or does it make the other person seem stronger?
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Which is weakness, is it not?

Sensitiveness. Is it a reason to be made fun of? Not in my opinion.

What I meant is when someone says something offensive in a friendly way, or casual way, like people do. And I thought it was meant seriously, and not as a stupid comment. Maybe because I was used to the latter more then the first. Sort of induced paranoia, you know.
And no, I was never brought to my knees by words, nor did they actually hurt me, but it drags you down over time and makes you avoid people. You understand that or you gonna again tear my point into ridiculness and make fun of it?

Oh no! I am apparently bullying someone with words! Not words in real life, of course, but words on a computer screen! How will the poor sap live with himself, after a random guy on the internet BULLIED him? Quickly, call the ambulance! This man's emotions have been damaged!

Again, instead of actually discussing something, you make it look ridiculous. The only one in this thread saying 'call the ambulance' are you.

Then they are weak, if they know what to do but are incapable.

Again, why is this a reason to make even more fun of them? A little help might already, well, help...

Or, you know, you could simply ignore the weak, as you do so wonderfully with the strong?
ScouseWarrior
ScouseWarrior
1,391 posts
Nomad

So you're telling me you would be able to stand being pushed around, punched, kicked and insulted about you and your family by multiple people everyday? I think not!
xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,711 posts
Blacksmith

if you feel pain from words then you are not weak. you feel the pain like someone hit you with a truck. or would you be weak if you would feel physical pain just because peoples who feel psychical pain are weak? pain is pain is pain, so if someone is weak because he felt psychical pain, does it make you weak if you feel physical pain?

Emotional turmoil? Because they are considering suicide because someone called them an idiot, gay, or ugly or whatever the hell passes for an insult these days? Then they are cowards and weak.

the "nicest" insults that i heard were "we throw a party on your grave after you died."

imagine you must hear the worst insults you know every day for the rest of your life plus you get punched and kicked and you can not do anything because nobody will not do anything to help you and the bullies outnummber you thirty to one plus they follow you everywhere to bully you and if you try to tell someone else what happened they twist your story so you will become the bad one so they can continue bullying you.. if that is not a reason to think about suicide i do not know what should be a reason for suicide.

And those are the chemically imbalanced people. There is medicine for that. Having a disease doesn't mean your weak, it makes them at least stronger then the cowards who kill themselves over words.

And how is that different? Oh no! Not an entire class calling you names AT THE SAME TIME! How will those poor kids live with themselves? Being called an "Ugly *****" by everyone? Oh no! They all said it, so it must be true!

to both quotes above: if they would bully you only with words you could ignore them by using hidden mp3 players. but they use their fists, feet and all their strenght that they have to hurt you too. sometimes they use other tools than their body. and if you try to run or hide they will follow and seek you.

you are insulting him and if i remember it right then the mods can ban you for insulting someone.

i get more and more the thought that you try to cover that you are weak by calling others weak. or do you like to call others weak if you can not know how they feel? i mean, i could call you weak just because you feel pain after hitting something with your toe. feeling pain is a signal of our body to inform us that there is something wrong. if you can not feel any pain than you can not feel a bullet/knife in your arm.

So money buys happiness? Not love, not support, none of that? Because that's the feeling I get here. Yes, the kids are usally born into fairly fortunate families, but just having money shouldn't mean that you will be happy. Besides, I don't consider the ones who kill themselves weak, so much as I consider the ones who survive very strong. Tell me, if most of those kids survive even after going trough all that pain, is it fair for me to call the rare one who commits suicide a coward? After all, everyone else could deal with all that pain. If they could deal with it, then that one kid who couldn't must have been weak right?

And you really understate the amount of bullying they recieve. No one just meets a random stranger on the street who said something rude and decided to kill themselves. Before they do they are often depressed for a long time. Months, years, and they don't see their life getting any better. They really don't want to live the kind of life where there is no love and as far as they can see never will be. (At least that's my guess) It's probably a lot worse considering they're willing to die over it.

there is a difference between these kids. it is called hope that everything they must endure ends some day. bullied kids have no hope that their life could get better some day.
Bluegalaxy
Bluegalaxy
18 posts
Peasant

Maybe this could be a solution for those of you get bullied:

Take a video or voice reording of the bully doing or saying violent or hurtful stuff to you??? This way, your teacher (or parent/gaurdian) can have proof that those people are bullying you. If they deny it before you show the video, all the better for you as they get ticked off not only for bullying but for being dishonest too .

To me, bullying can be a very serious issue, especially if it turns violent, so many schools that I know give alot of punishment for it. It depends on the school you go to, some are more strict than others about bullying. If this isn't a school case and if you are an adult and people are hitting you, maybe they can get a law case or something against them with your video for evidence?? I don't know much for adults.

Bluegalaxy
Bluegalaxy
18 posts
Peasant

The case maybe for assault or something? (xD I have no idea about adults or teenagers) It depends on how seriously you get beat up if it does turn violent. I don't think words can do much for you if your an adult.

This may be better than taking a video yourself: Get a friend or a bystander to take the video discreetly for you, this way, the bullies probably won't know that they are getting caught in the act.

Showing 166-180 of 491