ForumsWEPRBullying

496 49005
157C
157C
58 posts

What do You think about bulling? i get bullied myself and it's not fun Plz reply what you think about it because it cause suicide,people bring knives and guns to school, and it just hurts them. What do you think? Don't be scared to stand up, Speak Up!

• 496 Replies
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,995 posts

I see my point went ignored.

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,815 posts

Nurvana, the fact that punisher have a diffrunte opinion dosent make him a troll.
The problme is communication problmes. Punisher is quite.. ammm... hot tempered. So just calm down and dont try to insult him or acuse him for things he dosent meant.

If you'll read through the entire thread, you'll find it went from our debating of Punisher's points to his taking offense that we would stand in opposition to him, and ends with him quickly devolving into angry spats of ad hominems.

And I fail to see how Nurv, or anyone else for that matter, can be faulted for Punisher's inability to keep a level head.
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,406 posts

Animal that run is a prey.

Animal that stand still is prey. Animal that run faster than predator is alive.

Only if you will learn to protect yourself, to stand for yourself, you will be able to go to the outside world.
Im in the army.

Are you alone in the army? No. You have resources beyond yourself. Isn't teamwork a huge thing in militaries? That a single soldier most often can't or shouldn't do the job alone? If you're bullied, you also have resources (adults, diplomacy, friends, law enforcement, etc) to help you out. Standing for yourself and fighting isn't the only option.

You have to fight thwm, but if its pass a line... Then tell (in this order) - your friends...

Instead of making others aware from the start of the issue, why wait until it gets out of hand?
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,360 posts

Only if you will learn to protect yourself, to stand for yourself, you will be able to go to the outside world.
Im in the army.

hmmm... i just finished ocmmunity service in a clinic and look at that... im still alive (same for every person who lives in a country where joining the army isnt a must). and guess what...? in case of war i think we both know whos chances of being killed are bigger dont we?

its a horibble example because as palpatine, you dont fight alone. plus, you have guns. lets admit it, a fist fight is totally different then a gun fight. theres no stronger person when the only thing you have to do is to "throw one punch" by moving your finger a little bit.

so yeah that example actually hurt your point instead of helping. even in the army its all about not being alone. the reason i wasnt bullied (much) was because most people liked me. even if the other person gets some friends in case you do, its something they would usually want to avoid.
thewolf52
thewolf52
28 posts

Looking at topic at hand, I think, a littlr bit of bullying does not kill nobody.
Also, one should not be ashamed of standing up for one's self. Every thing must not have to end in a fist fight or something, but if it does, so be it.
As for the classic advice of "tell your teachers, tell your parents. Most teachers could not care less and why bother parents when you can handle it yourself?
One must learn to be independent.

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,406 posts

a littlr bit of bullying does not kill nobody.

It really depends on how the victim reacts. What one person considers 'almost nothing' could be devastating.
thewolf52
thewolf52
28 posts

It really depends on how the victim reacts. What one person considers 'almost nothing' could be devastating.

One has to grow a thicker skin to survive and bllying helps in that.
If some words can devastate you, then problem is in you, not in the one saying them.
Life ain't gonna get any easier after school.
thewolf52
thewolf52
28 posts

in case of war i think we both know whos chances of being killed are bigger dont we?

Some would call it defeatist mentality but I think you are partially right.
Line between bravery and stupidity is very thin for most people.
But so, is the line between cunning and cowardice.
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,406 posts

If some words can devastate you, then problem is in you, not in the one saying them.

Words can devastate anyone, depending on what's said. For example, Bear Stearns (one of the largest investment banks in the world) collapsed in part from rumors that the company was in a liquidity crisis (running out of cash), when in reality they had about $18B in reserves. The rumors lead to public and market distrust, causing the company to actually lose nearly all of their money in a few days.
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,360 posts

One has to grow a thicker skin to survive and bllying helps in that.
Life ain't gonna get any easier after school.

i dont get why people think this world is hell.

school is actually mostly the worst time period for any person. you might get more responsibilitys, work and harder assignments but when it comes to bullying it usually decreases the more you grow up. not every living person who finished highschool is an insensitive person with thick skin that went through bullying.

so yes, life actually does get much easier. you get bullied less, the chances of things getting physical decreases, and people actually start bullying/arguing using logic so you can actually react instead of taking some pointless cursing.

you DONT have to experience bullying to survive in this world. you dont have to grow emotionally and physically strong to be unharmed. this place really isnt as bad as you make it seem.

this might not be paradise but your giving aliens the idea that this is a jungle like "stronger survives" community which it isnt.
jayjay9
jayjay9
498 posts

Bullying is horrible and even though there is campaigns and such against it, bullying is still HERE.
I'm not sure what is needed to stop it completely.

BTW, everytime you see someone getting bullied, step in, and make it stop!

thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,830 posts

this might not be paradise but your giving aliens the idea that this is a jungle like "stronger survives" community which it isnt.

Ever heard the phrase
"its dog eats dog world"?
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,360 posts

Ever heard the phrase
"its dog eats dog world"?

just because its a phrase doesnt make it right.
thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,830 posts

just because its a phrase doesnt make it right.

Where there is smoke there is fire.
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,360 posts

[quote] Where there is smoke there is fire.[quote]

again, just because theres a phrase doesnt mean its true. besides, unless i missed a point that phrase has nothing to do with the topic.

Showing 451-465 of 496