ForumsWEPRBullying

491 140883
157C
157C
58 posts
Peasant

What do You think about bulling? i get bullied myself and it's not fun Plz reply what you think about it because it cause suicide,people bring knives and guns to school, and it just hurts them. What do you think? Don't be scared to stand up, Speak Up!

• 491 Replies
thewolf52
thewolf52
28 posts
Nomad

It really depends on how the victim reacts. What one person considers 'almost nothing' could be devastating.

One has to grow a thicker skin to survive and bllying helps in that.
If some words can devastate you, then problem is in you, not in the one saying them.
Life ain't gonna get any easier after school.
thewolf52
thewolf52
28 posts
Nomad

in case of war i think we both know whos chances of being killed are bigger dont we?

Some would call it defeatist mentality but I think you are partially right.
Line between bravery and stupidity is very thin for most people.
But so, is the line between cunning and cowardice.
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

If some words can devastate you, then problem is in you, not in the one saying them.

Words can devastate anyone, depending on what's said. For example, Bear Stearns (one of the largest investment banks in the world) collapsed in part from rumors that the company was in a liquidity crisis (running out of cash), when in reality they had about $18B in reserves. The rumors lead to public and market distrust, causing the company to actually lose nearly all of their money in a few days.
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

One has to grow a thicker skin to survive and bllying helps in that.
Life ain't gonna get any easier after school.

i dont get why people think this world is hell.

school is actually mostly the worst time period for any person. you might get more responsibilitys, work and harder assignments but when it comes to bullying it usually decreases the more you grow up. not every living person who finished highschool is an insensitive person with thick skin that went through bullying.

so yes, life actually does get much easier. you get bullied less, the chances of things getting physical decreases, and people actually start bullying/arguing using logic so you can actually react instead of taking some pointless cursing.

you DONT have to experience bullying to survive in this world. you dont have to grow emotionally and physically strong to be unharmed. this place really isnt as bad as you make it seem.

this might not be paradise but your giving aliens the idea that this is a jungle like "stronger survives" community which it isnt.
jayjay9
jayjay9
487 posts
Peasant

Bullying is horrible and even though there is campaigns and such against it, bullying is still HERE.
I'm not sure what is needed to stop it completely.

BTW, everytime you see someone getting bullied, step in, and make it stop!

thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

this might not be paradise but your giving aliens the idea that this is a jungle like "stronger survives" community which it isnt.

Ever heard the phrase
"its dog eats dog world"?
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

Ever heard the phrase
"its dog eats dog world"?

just because its a phrase doesnt make it right.
thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

just because its a phrase doesnt make it right.

Where there is smoke there is fire.
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

[quote] Where there is smoke there is fire.[quote]

again, just because theres a phrase doesnt mean its true. besides, unless i missed a point that phrase has nothing to do with the topic.

Kennethhartanto
Kennethhartanto
241 posts
Constable

a smoke doesn't always meant a fire, anyone thought that? it could be just a water vapor from a cooling tower or the "smoke" that linger on the ground/fog, not always from fire right? i can use this analogy to explain my approach to this matter.

bullying can't be resolved by punching everyone you think have bullied you( i get this conclusion from ThePunisher and friends), or by trying to resolve all of it peacefully(this is from Maverick i think, correct me if i'm wrong). in my opinion, you need balance between physical or mental confrontation and just letting it go away. as i said, a smoke doesn't always arise from fire. You can't always assume the best way of dealing with bullying by just force or reconciliation, or even if the one who bullied you is just plain evil or just trying to raise your self esteem or responsibility. this i only realized it now.

Like theblueRabbit said, this world is nothing like hell. it's not like everyone is a potential bully that will bully you if they have the chance, that was obviously wrong, because we are by nature a "social being" that seeks others for care and attention. that fact can also explain most types, if not all, reasons of why people first bully other people. they are just looking for attention from their social peers, nobody ( that i know ) bully people because THEY WANTED TO BULLY other people, if that's the case then that person is a guaranteed exile from society.

but it is also wrong if you just play submissive to every person who bully you. the reason the person that started bullying kept on bullying because it's surrounding environment actually encouraged the perpetrator to do the deed or the victims never resisted or set a clear line to the bullying allowed for the victim itself.

so to wrap my opinions choose your responses carefully if you are bullied. if you are in the pinch and no alternatives exist to end your bullying, tell someone you trust to help you. but i see this as a last resort. Why? telling someone that you have been bullied basically mark you off in the environment as a snitch and this lowers your esteem in the eyes of the most community. it is better to assert your place (don't be submissive, be confident of yourself, but never ****y and overconfident) in the eyes of the bully. try to tell them that you aren't a soft target to bully, but tell them that you are someone good, someone nice to be friends with. Better to make friends with your enemy than to fight them, right? but if you can't make them see that you are not a target, then make them respect you with your abilities, your tongue's flexibility, or your strength( doesn't mean brute strength, but rather your defensive capabilities).

Okay, that's done. would that stop the heated battle between those that prefer muscling through bullying and those that prefer talking and negotiating? please stop making this discussion a personal thing and to be a piece of **** to someone's good day. and anyway for Thepunisher, i agree with your ways, but i'm sorry to say that it is not the only way to punish everyone you think you have been bullied with. your only flaw is your inability to response to other people's critics. try to fix that okay? and for all commenters that doesn't even think of mediating between the heated battle of opinions, please stop this nonsense. both of the opinions have their goods and cons even mine have those goods and cons.it's our right to criticize other people's opinion with good choices of words. So, i think thepunisher have to learn to accept other peoples critics. don't be afraid to criticize my opinion too. i need those replies that helps me improve my understandings

thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

bullying can't be resolved by punching everyone you think have bullied you( i get this conclusion from ThePunisher and friends), or by trying to resolve all of it peacefully(this is from Maverick i think, correct me if i'm wrong). in my opinion, you need balance between physical or mental confrontation and just letting it go away. as i said, a smoke doesn't always arise from fire. You can't always assume the best way of dealing with bullying by just force or reconciliation, or even if the one who bullied you is just plain evil or just trying to raise your self esteem or responsibility. this i only realized it now.

This exactly is my point
I always say,
"Speak softly but walk with a stick"
many can be tamed by words but those who can not be done so, stick is for them.
Kennethhartanto
Kennethhartanto
241 posts
Constable

you were trying to exact that point, but you did it wrongly. Speak softly but walk with a stick, what do you think it meant? "Speak softly", well that meant discussion, a friendly one to settle arguments, but "walk with a stick" meant you are intimidating or confront those that you can't reconcile with and that's wrong. you can't be enemies with everybody that's hostile to you. it is the same as enforcing "hukum rimba" or jungle rules in indonesian. if that's the case, then why do you think we evolved from simple hunter-gatherers to food producers and to the modern "us" today? isn't it because we reconcile our differences, settle arguments, and unite together with other persons to become something bigger and larger than ourselves? just saying, but in a province in my country, there has still been hunter-gatherer tribes that are fighting each other because of, i.e someone from Tribe B killed Tribe A's child and then Tribe A killed Tribe B's child in retaliation and so on.why do you think they can't evolve into chiefdoms?
because they can't reconcile individual dyads and arguments between 2 or more people and the arguments explode into a bloody conflict. this is my example of what would happen if we confront, argue or even worse, fight with someone that have different opinions and views. This also applies to bullying. what do you think the counseling in school is for? why do we have psychiatrist specializing on victim of the bullying if we just force our 'judgement' on them/ fight all those that bully us? sometimes the best course of action is to ignore the bullier. if you don't make any responses to the perpetrator a.k.a ignore them, they'll get bored eventually

just because they can't be "tamed by words" doesn't mean they must be confronted. ignoring them is clearly an option. telling someone you trust is also an option.

thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

You guys really think I am shoot first askquestions later kind of guy,
I think this is 4 time I am saying this.
Violence is last resort.
You know I never throw first punch?

ignore the bullier. if you don't make any responses to the perpetrator a.k.a ignore them, they'll get bored eventually

Yeah we know how this one works.
you were trying to exact that point, but you did it wrongly. Speak softly but walk with a stick, what do you think it meant? "Speak softly",

"don't do it bro"
but "walk with a stick" meant you are intimidating or confront those that you can't reconcile with

Answer like with like.
If he takes to violence, reply in like.
what do you think the counseling in school is for? why do we have psychiatrist specializing on victim of the bullying

I don't know how weak you have to be to go to them,
telling someone you trust is also an option.

Why tell some one else when you can handle it?
Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

Violence is last resort.

And the only option you pose. It equates to the same thing - you go to violence far too quickly because you consider 'dishonor' (being called names) a reason to knock someone's teeth out.

Yeah we know how this one works.

Yes, we do. You ignore what they say, they keep saying stuff, and you keep ignoring it. No problem at all.

If he takes to violence, reply in like.

I don't believe anyone is saying you cannot defend yourself.

I don't know how weak you have to be to go to them,

I don't know how ignorant you have to be to hold that view.

Why tell some one else when you can handle it?

Maybe they can't?
thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

And the only option you pose. It equates to the same thing - you go to violence far too quickly because you consider 'dishonor' (being called names) a reason to knock someone's teeth out.

No I don't, wrse case scenario, i'll curse him in reply.
Yes, we do. You ignore what they say, they keep saying stuff, and you keep ignoring it. No problem at all.

Or you get some killer comebacks, they either shut up or they theyescalate and one day you really push their button and things get violent. You reply in like and immediatly take the issue to some authority, since you were not the one who started and have remained defensive in the fight, you are off the hook and they get entangled, double win.
I don't know how ignorant you have to be to hold that view.

I mean really, other than ones with mental illnesses who would be so much affected by bullying.
I don't believe anyone is saying you cannot defend yourself

good to know
Maybe they can't?

Then they should but first one should learn t rely on one's self.
Showing 451-465 of 491