ForumsWEPRWhich political party do you support, all nationalities welcome

65 17174
BritHennerz
BritHennerz
408 posts
Farmer

State the name, what they stand for and reasons why you support them.

• 65 Replies
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

I don't think we are disputing the number of parties, but the saturated, saturated support two of the many get.

apollo98
apollo98
5 posts
Nomad

tell me if i'am stupid or wrong but why do people see communism as a bad thing? (I'm from the philippines) i mean, sure, stalin and mao slaughtered millions of people that was decades ago. There is a communist party here in our country that just wants to run for the elections but they are branded traitors by the government and hunted down forcing them to go into hiding. I guess it's due to western influence during the 90's?

thepyro222
thepyro222
2,151 posts
Peasant

I'm American and I support the Libertarian party and Republican party

Bladerunner679
Bladerunner679
2,488 posts
Blacksmith

american, but i am too young to vote yet. judging on what I have seen, I lean more like a democrat. not sure if I am what some would call liberal, but who knows, I just might be.

-Blade

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

There is a communist party here in our country that just wants to run for the elections but they are branded traitors by the government and hunted down forcing them to go into hiding. I guess it's due to western influence during the 90's?

Well, because Communism hinges a lot on the assumption that human nature can become good. Communism is nice on paper, but no one has properly achieved it in 60 years of social experimentation.
mdv96
mdv96
1,017 posts
Nomad

American, I think i can be classified as a conservative because i am most certainly not a liberal. liberalism is swaying far to close to communism with each new idea they create

partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

Well, because Communism hinges a lot on the assumption that human nature can become good. Communism is nice on paper, but no one has properly achieved it in 60 years of social experimentation.

except from mainland china, china try's to do a oke job.

and cuba has done a good job aswell.
h0spitalfatbags
h0spitalfatbags
1 posts
Nomad

I've always been very reactionary right-winged in my beliefs, personally.

jt25rox
jt25rox
332 posts
Peasant

american. i love communism in practice. Democracy rules all. But if i were to come to power dictatorship all the way. iron fist ruling.

rafterman
rafterman
600 posts
Nomad

Communism is nice on paper, but no one has properly achieved it in 60 years of social experimentation.

Neither has there been a communist society in which Western nations have not intervened in with some capacity.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

except from mainland china, china try's to do a oke job.

It's not Communist my friend. The CCP is staffed by technocrats and economists, which is excellent.
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

Neither has there been a communist society in which Western nations have not intervened in with some capacity.

good point but in some examples the last 60 year the "western nations" didn't need to interven for it to **** up itself. because of bad dictators.

It's not Communist my friend. The CCP is staffed by technocrats and economists, which is excellent.

but they neither have the democratic freedom (despite the elections and what not) the ideas of the ccp sure are not that communist anymore. but still it's kinda hard to call them something els. they have a special system i can't think a word for. do you?

but if we leave china out of the pics. cuba still done a good job whit the communist system, right?
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

but they neither have the democratic freedom (despite the elections and what not) the ideas of the ccp sure are not that communist anymore. but still it's kinda hard to call them something els. they have a special system i can't think a word for. do you?

Authoritarianism, or if you wish, an oligarchy? The Party is paramount, though power does not lie solely in the hands of the Premier, but in the top echelons of the Party.
BRAAINZz
BRAAINZz
787 posts
Nomad

Back to the point of this thread:

I live in Canada and I support the Rhinoceros party. I support them because the rest of the parties have 1 major flaw in them so I vote for the most entertaining one. I also agree that Montreal and Toronto are way to far apart.

Target_Practice
Target_Practice
27 posts
Nomad

I'm English, all our parties are pretty much the same (conservatives, labour, lib dems) except for the racist ones (i.e. BNP).

All the parties are filled with scheming, ineffective, lying and corrupt career politicians who either want to profiteer (the conservative party) or are so inept they get our troops killed in a war we didn't want (Tony Blair - Labour) or sell all our gold reserves till we're bankrupt (Gordon Brown - Labour).

Personally I'd rather we took a cabbage painted some eyes on it and put that in charge.

Showing 46-60 of 65