Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

School Uniforms

Posted Apr 22, '12 at 5:09am

Deth666

Deth666

670 posts

I think that uniforms are just a last ditch attempt to teach conformity. Remember children anything different should be singled out and despised. Okay, it might not be intentional (law of unintended consequences?) but it doesn't help with ethnocentrism and all the other -isms.

Posted Apr 22, '12 at 5:16am

nichodemus

nichodemus

12,006 posts

Knight

How is a uniform linked to ethnicity and culture unless for example say madrases enforce school uniforms, which some do?

Posted Apr 22, '12 at 10:42am

danielo

danielo

1,387 posts

well, in my school, the main reason is pride. its make you pride on your school, even if you are not fully awar to that. you can see who is student and who is a teacher {which without uniform its make you feel like you equal to the teachers and, basicly, like walking in the street}.
even more, its help to poor families. uniform cost less, and no one can see one student with armani and the other with some garbage. its not to make you all teh same, to delete your individuality. in my school, a 'uniform' is a T-shirt {or other kinds of shirts, jacets and etc} with the school logo in the right upper side, no matter what color {but no prints unless its a "grade print [every grade, class {in Israel we are divided to age and number {number is randomalic+factors, like a class of kids who need more help or have another 'proffesionality'}. this way, you can wear what uniform you want.
and even more, the unifom is not meant to hurt you. it was made so you will feel like a student, not like a Passerby.
and also, its make less Trespassers to enter the school.

Posted Apr 22, '12 at 11:18am

thebluerabbit

thebluerabbit

2,915 posts

i thought so too danielo then i noticed thats its much more expensive to buy those uniforms then to just use clothes you already have. also lol i doubt its that difficult to guess in what school your learning when theres only one highschool in the town (my case but we still had uniforms XD). and if israel wanted students to respect teachers more they would start with actually calling the teacher "teacher" or "mr./mrs. (insert last name)" instead of making them wear something.

Posted Apr 22, '12 at 11:35am

nichodemus

nichodemus

12,006 posts

Knight

then i noticed thats its much more expensive to buy those uniforms then to just use clothes you already have.

No, if I have sets of uniform, I don't need to buy much other clothes, since half my time is in school. Furthermore, one can use the same few sets of uniforms for quite a few years. 6 in my case.

Posted Apr 22, '12 at 11:37am

emochick324

emochick324

108 posts

They have school uniforms still? My state I thought almost voted them Illgal, but luckliy im at a public, I want to be at a private, but I cant aford, or stand the feel,plus my adhd and aspergurs made my I.Q. rather avreage, so boom public schools for me.

Posted Apr 22, '12 at 1:00pm

nebmas

nebmas

85 posts

Well i live in England and in England, school uniforms are enforced across the whole country. And well it's not soo bad. You get used to it. But because we have to wear so much as uniform like layers and layers we roast. But you get used to roasting as well after a while. And moaning teachers and missed homework detentions...................yeah its like jail on some days and the uniforms do not make it any better.

Posted Apr 22, '12 at 6:53pm

mattduggan13

mattduggan13

192 posts

You go to a pubic school

I know what you're trying to say but lol

Posted Apr 22, '12 at 10:47pm

Darktroop07

Darktroop07

668 posts

Well i live in England and in England, school uniforms are enforced across the whole country. And well it's not soo bad. You get used to it. But because we have to wear so much as uniform like layers and layers we roast. But you get used to roasting as well after a while. And moaning teachers and missed homework detentions...................yeah its like jail on some days and the uniforms do not make it any better.

I have no complaints on uniforms but ti appears that in the US uniforms aren't enforced as much, but you know how much they like to whine if they whine enough they get noticed if they don't they're just put to the side.

Posted Apr 23, '12 at 9:02am

TheGr8est

TheGr8est

494 posts

Pros:
1) No bullying based on clothing
2) Respect for School

Cons:
1)lessens Indivisuality
2)Just plain annoying

Reply to School Uniforms

You must be logged in to post a reply!