ForumsWEPRSchool Uniforms

124 35116
mattduggan13
mattduggan13
1,795 posts
Nomad

I hate wearing these. My school enforced them this year and they are terrible. According to the 1st ammendment to the American Bill of Rights, this goes against our freedom of speech and expression. Whaddya think?

• 124 Replies
TeslaGuy
TeslaGuy
959 posts
Nomad

Thanks God that in my countrie or state are school uniform GOD BLESS YOU

Jeff1999
Jeff1999
1,356 posts
Farmer

This school year has almost ended and none of my classmates except one guy are wearing their uniforms. Teachers said that if we won't wear those uniforms we will also have to look totally same. (what was important was uniforms, we were allowed to use some green or pink or whatever sweaters) but it seemed like the uniforms weren't that important and as I said before we were allowed to not wear them. Now our teacher told us news that were bad for the whole class. NEXT YEAR IF WE WON'T TAKE OUR UNIFORMS WE WILL HAVE TO SAY GOOD BYE TO OUR SCHOOL! This time it doesn't matter if there is all 17 of us or noone we will obligate need our forms whitch really sucks.

Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

NEXT YEAR IF WE WON'T TAKE OUR UNIFORMS WE WILL HAVE TO SAY GOOD BYE TO OUR SCHOOL!

Somehow I think you either misunderstood or the teacher was lying. I find it highly unlikely the entire school's budget comes from selling a new uniform every year.

if there is all 17 of us or noone we will obligate need our forms whitch really sucks.

All 17? Woah boy, that's a big school. ...wait, no it's not.
Homework
Homework
17 posts
Nomad

There ok....................... not so bad and not so good.

I'm netrul

thepyro222
thepyro222
2,151 posts
Peasant

School uniforms are a double- edged sword... They do help aleviate some of the attacks on students, but they're not going to stop all of them.
That's not the point of uniforms though. The school uniforms are to teach... Uniformity. In the real world, you don't get to stand out at work. You are just one gear of many in a well- oiled machine. School uniforms are just to teach that you don't wear a punk band shirt and skinny jeans to work. You wear a button- down shirt and slacks (depending.)
Freedom of expression is an illusion. You don't get to express yourself through dress. Besides, what are you expressing? does your gory, bloody death metal band shirt express art? what does the nearly naked girl on your shirt express?

Overall, the school uniforms argument is just plain dumb.

GreatestSoloEver
GreatestSoloEver
1,361 posts
Nomad

I think the idea of uniforms is wonderful.
Everybody looking the same, nobody breaking dress code and having sex in the band room (happened for real at my school) and nobody has to worry about what they're gonna wear.

Jeff1999
Jeff1999
1,356 posts
Farmer

Hey Kasic, those 17 are just my classmates not the whole school.

Zee_
Zee_
16 posts
Nomad

School uniforms are absolutely horrible being forced to wear something is completely against the first ammendment. I would honestly sue if my school had uniforms maybe there would be a law that makes it so schools can't make you wear a uniform

ethan3300
ethan3300
100 posts
Shepherd

Just go to school naked and burn your uniform and let every one else know the day before you do this so that way they can participate too.

Deth666
Deth666
653 posts
Nomad

School uniforms are just to teach that you don't wear a punk band shirt and skinny jeans to work. You wear a button- down shirt and slacks (depending.)

I can't argue much with that. If I wore punk band shirt and skinny jeans to work I'd get taken out back and beaten with a rubber hose. Though, the same might happen if I wore a button down shirt and slacks. All in all, a good life lesson.

does your gory, bloody death metal band shirt express art?

Though I've never worn a gory bloody metal band shirt, mostly because I don't have one, music is art and for some can be a form or religion or an expression of one's religion. It was Jimi Hendrix that said "Music is my religion.", when he was asked about his religion.

what does the nearly naked girl on your shirt express?

The female form is art in itself. It's not only been the countless subject of art but the inspiration/muse of countless artists.
miniphu
miniphu
72 posts
Nomad

School uniforms are fine. I went to private school and had to wear them. It didn't bug me or anyone else. Less to think about in the morning, and also (usually) cheaper. Besides, most kids in school subscribe to a uniform of sorts with their crowd. Where I went to public high school, you had four main crowds: "jocks" wore underarmor or their team T-shirts, goths wore black, &quotreps" wore abercrombie, north face, or polos, and everyone else wore random stuff.
Uniforms merely remind people that they all belong to the same school instead of only a group within the school.

mariosgeo
mariosgeo
25 posts
Farmer

In my school we don't wear uniforms fortunately

In my opinion students shouldn't wear uniforms because they aren't independent!!!!!!!Wearing clothes that u choose is showing your character!!!!I think is boring to watch the same clothes in every day

In the other hand the school uniforms are showing the popularity,how popular the school is.

I think i am lucky that i dont wear uniforms!!!

Jeff1999
Jeff1999
1,356 posts
Farmer

Sometimes I don't get my teachers. If I wear the uniform, but I put my sweater on it so nobody can see I have a uniform. Seems, the teachers don't care, what matters is that I wear it, WHAT'S THE POINT then?

016Bramble
016Bramble
408 posts
Nomad

My school has uniforms. And I'm fine with it. So are the rest of us. Every once in a while, some of us might complain, but it doesn't matter because we don't care. We're used to it.

Every once in a while, we have a casual day where we can wear our own clothes. It follows a dress code, of course, but it's not too limiting. We have people from various backgrounds. Some of us are wealthy and others aren't, and our clothing on those days demonstrates that. But there's no bullying over that. Hmm...

Really, I think that public schools should not have uniforms because that means you have to buy the clothes specifically for that purpose, and some people may not be financially capable to do that. If you choose to go to a private school and it has a uniform, that sucks for you because it was your choice to do something that costs you money and forces you to wear something you hate.

But where I would really draw the line is if you have to wear a school uniform and you're homeschooled...

Jeff1999
Jeff1999
1,356 posts
Farmer

Actually I just realised a thing. If someone has very cool sweater or jeans or any cool clothes and there is another kid who's parents don't have enough money to buy so cool clothes and that makes the kid sad. I think that's why uniforms are necessary.

Showing 61-75 of 124