ForumsWEPRSchool Uniforms

124 35113
mattduggan13
mattduggan13
1,795 posts
Nomad

I hate wearing these. My school enforced them this year and they are terrible. According to the 1st ammendment to the American Bill of Rights, this goes against our freedom of speech and expression. Whaddya think?

• 124 Replies
Jerrbear65
Jerrbear65
173 posts
Nomad

I am in Canada by the way

GhostOfHorror
GhostOfHorror
890 posts
Nomad

We've got to wear a specific type of shoes here, so, technically they are part of the uniform.

danielo
danielo
1,774 posts
Peasant

Well, My uniform was actualy a shirt with the school symbol on it... something like 5$ at the max {any color you want}. In that case, Its was much more cheaper, you could see people who dont wear them and it gave much space for class pride {my 'mother' class made our own shirt with a art on the back, my computer class did one also and so on}.

But even your expensive uiforms. how much you need? 7 for max? 8? its still less than the cost of cloths you need. its the best excuse. you want to come to school with the same shirt day after day?
i remmeber once in my class, there was a kid who alywas came in that same shirt. the class actualy collected money to buy him some new cloths, just to see that very day him with a difrunte shirt. he was just lazy to get some new ones, he wasnt poor or anything {we know that for sure}.
So with uniforms, you dont have to think what you gonna wear. even me, who dont give a crap on clothing {no, im not going out in the nude, thank you} find it easier to handle. I had some 'good' shirts that i wear when i go out with friends, i had some shirts to hang around in my home, thats it. easy, cheap and space saving. When i finished school i find out i dont realy have much shirts. Im quite miss the uniform shirt, but i dont want to wear them {you know... too soon...}.

Jerrbear65
Jerrbear65
173 posts
Nomad

Well my pants cost 50-60$, shirt costs 20-25$, hoody costs from 20-60$, you have an optional jacket that can be worn in class, if it isn't uniform must be put into your locker, there are hats, socks etc but some of these are optional.

Think about a much higher cost, and I have 2 brothers, we all wear different sizes have a lot of sets also and we are not rich... It difficult when you have bigger families

Jerrbear65
Jerrbear65
173 posts
Nomad

For the gym uniform now, 15$ for the shorts and 10$ for the t-shirt, i do not where you guys live with such lows prices hehe

GhostOfHorror
GhostOfHorror
890 posts
Nomad

you have an optional jacket

Oh, yes. I forgot.
Jacket costs â¬50.

It difficult when you have bigger families

Does your school not have a 'rental scheme' where you can rent out the uniform for the year, at say 50% or something of the store price, but you need to return it at the end of the year.
Same applies for books.
Jerrbear65
Jerrbear65
173 posts
Nomad

Sorry shirts go from 20$-70$ for those who do not believe me I have a source

Jerrbear65
Jerrbear65
173 posts
Nomad

Nope no rental anything, books are not rental, they are provided to be borrowed then given back when finished with it, everything here costs a lot LOL

GhostOfHorror
GhostOfHorror
890 posts
Nomad

i do not where you guys live with such lows prices

I live in Ireland, so the currency is different.
100.00 EUR = 128.020 USD

Sorry shirts go from 20$-70$

What type of shirts are they?
Jerrbear65
Jerrbear65
173 posts
Nomad

No Cnd, I am from Canada, there are golf shirts and rugby-striped shirts, regular $20 and rugby 70$

GhostOfHorror
GhostOfHorror
890 posts
Nomad

So, you get to wear rugby shirts to school?

That isn't too bad, then, since you could wear them outside of school.

Jerrbear65
Jerrbear65
173 posts
Nomad

yea but it costsalot

Chemical_
Chemical_
26 posts
Nomad

that is a lot of money for A rugby shirt

Jerrbear65
Jerrbear65
173 posts
Nomad

Everythikng costs a lot in nowadays society

jkl3848
jkl3848
242 posts
Peasant

I agree it doesn't agree of with freedom of expression, but it does eliminate some types of bullying. There is no mocking because of social status, one kids parents not being able to buy the 100 dollar shoes everybody has.

Showing 106-120 of 124