ForumsNews and FeedbackNew Profiles Problem

9 4299
thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

For some reason, thaboss's AG3 profile looks like this:

AG is being screwy for thaboss right now, and his mouse isn't working, so he'll be gone for a bit. Just a short bit.

...... - ..

He get's that there's no bbcode yet, but what's with all the &amps? What's stranger, when thaboss edits it to get rid of them, in the editor it says they're gone, but they're still there in the public profile.

• 9 Replies
thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

Note: Yes, there's bbcode HERE, but not on AG. On AG3 it has all the full URL's and everything...

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

Your profile looks fine to me.

thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

AG's profile is fine, but AG3's isn't. You can't see AG3's, so you can't see the problem. He meant "but not on AG3," not AG.

http://content.screencast.com/users/brenden12/folders/Jing/media/ff040646-d771-4a79-a223-271ce3b8695f/2012-04-22_0923.png

All these amps.

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

You can't see AG3's, so you can't see the problem.

Actually, you can. Type in this URL to see a user profile on AG3:

beta.armorgames.com/user/insertusernamehere

Replace insertusernamehere with the username of the profile you want to see. Also note that this URL is the only way to access the profile of a user other than you that has not submitted a game.

Also, I think I have a theory as to why this problem is occurring:

BB Codes have not been added to AG3 yet.
thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

Yes, that explains the lack of links and such, but the &amps? Not so much. This seems to explain it. The AG staff is probably just working out the HTML coding still.

Schmiddy1234
Schmiddy1234
1,075 posts
Nomad

It looks like thaboss loves BB Code like me I took of my old profile thoguh, it was too screwy.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

BBCode not being implemented in AG3, it will just be shown as text, as is evident.

It apparently cannot handle apostrophes either.

Blkasp
Blkasp
1,308 posts
Nomad

It apparently cannot handle apostrophes either.

Please tell me there will eventually be a fix for this :O
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

Please tell me there will eventually be a fix for this :O

AG3 is still in Beta, and I'm sure the admins would not launch AG3 before fixing problems like this.
Showing 1-9 of 9