ForumsSupport ForumForum Suggestion

7 2381
The_Masquerade
The_Masquerade
140 posts
Nomad

I've been around these forums and I've been pretty satisfied with the community and the forum topics. But I find tis' lacking something vital to a regulated forum. A news and introduction/welcome back forum. A news forum is needed because much of the news out there isn't really interesting so we could filter it through our active members for interesting news. I've ever thought that World Events, etc. had fulfilled this but I was apparently wrong. So I've decided to suggest a News forum. One whole section itself. A sub-division for Comedy, World, Politics, etc. As well, I am also recommending an Introductions and/or Welcome Back/Good Bye forums. The plan is to have a cluster of forums for new members. There would be a FAQ as one forum. Then for another forum would be Q&As and there would be an introductions forum. At the top would be a sticky of a thread for "welcoming Back/Leaving" members.
Another small little suggestion would be to have Moderator chosen members with special abilities. They wouldn't have Moderator status or full privileges but they would have the power to do such and such. Which is connected to my next suggestion.
You've heard it before but I can't stress it enough. There needs to be a delete and edit button. The plan is to have an edit button and it would say the post was edited on the bottom in smaller italic text not edit-able by any members. It would say the last time it was edited and when it was. There would also be a delete button for mods or soon, privileged members or the poster for rule breaking or unwanted posts. All moderators or soon privileged members would have the power to see if the post was edited or deleted and see what was edited or deleted.
One more suggestion is a spam control team on all the games. There is obviously a lot of spam so there would be large group to delete all the spam and take off armor points from spammers. It would also help contribute to the finding of merit worthy posts dug into the spam.
Hope everyone reads this and comments on it.

• 7 Replies
Sharkbate
Sharkbate
379 posts
Peasant

Incase you didnt know there already is a forum called World Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

venturakid94
venturakid94
107 posts
Nomad

True shark... but i like all the other ideas. ESPECIALLY edit, delete, and spam control
im 100% for the ideas.

The_Masquerade
The_Masquerade
140 posts
Nomad

Sharkbate, ignorance is a disease. Read the whole thing before commenting. Heres my reply.

I've ever thought that World Events, etc. had fulfilled this but I was apparently wrong.

In my first paragraph. Have you seen much news in World Events, etc. at all? That is a place for discussion on topic generalization. I'm asking for a forum that could fulfill the task of informing forumites on the news and discuss about a certain topic in an orderly manner. Please read the whole post next time, thank you.
Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

I, for one agree with this idea! An actual thread for actual news...brilliant! Haha, I think it would actually work, but let's see what a mod has to say about this...

~Strider~

jwalshjr
jwalshjr
537 posts
Peasant

I agree with most of these ideas, but truthfully, I'm not sure if there are enough devoted people on armorgames to have a full Spam control team, SHOPS tries to help out with this, but isn't near as popular as it once was... some of this has good ideas though!

conquer01
conquer01
149 posts
Farmer

And most of these suggestions have already been said. See Here

The_Masquerade
The_Masquerade
140 posts
Nomad

conquer01, I'm sure you spent a lot of time doing all those suggestions but you're missing the point. Just because it is listed, doesn't mean it shouldn't be stressed further and WITH MORE DETAIL. Notice how your suggestions are in list formation while mine are in paragraph formation. Or, if you had read the whole thing:

You've heard it before but I can't stress it enough.
, I had already mentioned what you had said. Please, mainly every suggestion on the forums is in that list, I'm adding detail, it's a start.
Showing 1-7 of 7