ForumsNews and FeedbackReporting Users

6 2982
Daizidawizard9000
Daizidawizard9000
1,609 posts
Nomad

This is a thread about what you think we could update with reporting users.

I think that they could add a little report button by the "Friend" button and you have to write out a good reason why they should be reported. And then that account could be flagged like a thread instead of copying the users page, and posting it on a mod/admin's page.

I am also sorry if there is a thread about this, because I just got on here and had no clue.

Post what you think about what the administrators could do with reporting users.

• 6 Replies
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

I don't think it is a particularly good idea if you want something done properly. The mods are there for the same reason, they are faster and probably better at it, and if it goes any way like reporting threads does, the explanation won't be read.

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

The problem with reporting on this site is there are not enough active mods/admins compared to the influx of users.

Actually giving a reason is a good idea, in my opinion, on the basis people report people for absolutely no reason.
I think it should be on the forum as opposed to the profile though.

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

No, the reason problem with reporting is that people don't pick out he mods that will help them out asap. I still see people reporting to Strop. I have been reported to as well, which might be even more useful than reporting to Strop...
I don't think the admins are into the whole report users thing, though, it's just the mods, which is why I think it would be a bad idea to give all the reporting to the admins.

Not to mention, it's not like that many people are being reported. Is it really not worth it to find a link to the person you a reporting, a link to the evidence (which will be needed anyway in any reasoning for a report) and earn those two points from posting on Gantic, Frank or Nemo's page?

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

You know what, let's just conclude I don't have much faith in the admins, and that if anything is to be done about reporting, they ought to ask the mods first if anyone, because they will most likely still be handling the load when the new site comes up and running.
There have been made suggestions, and everything will be alright if the staff implements those ideas. It won't be like this, but it will still work better and be easier to use.
Then again, believing the staff will implement that idea we all agreed on is of course showing them a bit of faith... So we probably shouldn't count on something easy and good to use for either side of the party.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

I want something all of the higher-ups could look at as a whole, with glowing meshes around the "report list" button and Navi the Fairy voices telling us to "listen!" to the reports, so all of us could have free smack at the offenders and not have to make as many trips to G-mail when something really hits the fan. Then I want weekly chocolate-milk-and-toffee checks via mail address for helping clean up. I'm just dreaming here, but I also want a punch-user-through-the-monitor feature. Gimli help them if they cause trouble while I'm studying for finals.

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

No, the reason problem with reporting is that people don't pick out he mods that will help them out asap. I still see people reporting to Strop. I have been reported to as well, which might be even more useful than reporting to Strop...
I don't think the admins are into the whole report users thing, though, it's just the mods, which is why I think it would be a bad idea to give all the reporting to the admins

Well yes, *sort of* what i meant. The admins don't deal with petty problems, and petty problems on this site are constant. These are left to the mods. With the amount of users AG has, compared to the active mods, these problems don't get dealt with straight away and become bigger problems because the people keep complaining and keep complaining. It's like a never ending build up.
Showing 1-6 of 6