Forums

ForumsNews, Feedback and Suggestions

Edit Button

Posted Apr 30, '12 at 7:46pm

blk2860

blk2860

3,686 posts

Have you ever posted something and forgot to add something/Messed up Quotes or something? The edit button would allow you to go back and fix it or add more. I'm basically asking for this feature. Do you all agree?

Posted Apr 30, '12 at 9:55pm

Patrick2011

Patrick2011

3,466 posts

An edit feature has been discussed before, though I'm not sure of the results. Anyway, I would say yes to an edit feature.

Posted Apr 30, '12 at 10:21pm

jeol

jeol

3,565 posts

I think they had talked about an edit button for a couple minutes after the post, or after you left the page. Five minutes should be all you need to make any necessary changes to your post. I would be up for that.

Posted Apr 30, '12 at 11:11pm

Skeleton_Pilot

Skeleton_Pilot

1,290 posts

or after you left the page.

What if you don't catch your embarrassing mistake(s) until you reread it after a few people have replied to it?? O_o

If people only get five minutes to proofread something, they might as well proofread it before they post it! I don't see why more people don't just do that, then we wouldn't have such a demand for this edit button!

But say someone wants to update their opening post rather than put an awkward update in the middle of their thread, why then would it be better to have a time limit on this feature?

Posted May 1, '12 at 1:42am

TheMostManlyMan

TheMostManlyMan

2,904 posts

An edit button would be wonderful thing for them to add

Posted May 1, '12 at 10:06am

Schmiddy1234

Schmiddy1234

887 posts

An edit button would be a very smart edition to AG. I'm with it ;)

Posted May 1, '12 at 10:29am

fantasy4life

fantasy4life

1,062 posts

I also usually see along with the edit feature, usually on the bottom left corner of your post in small letters, a date and time stamp when you last modified your post. This should also be implemented in my opinion.

Posted May 1, '12 at 10:35am

jeol

jeol

3,565 posts

What if you don't catch your embarrassing mistake(s) until you reread it after a few people have replied to it?

That's the problem in question. Some people just don't know how to proofread, so we give them an edit button. If they can't figure it out by then, oh well.

One thing I remember that was suggested was that OPs could be edited at any time, but replies for the first few minutes, which answers your last question.

Posted May 1, '12 at 11:23am

Jefferysinspiration

Jefferysinspiration

3,138 posts

One thing I remember that was suggested was that OPs could be edited at any time, but replies for the first few minutes, which answers your last question.

I couldn't be bothered searching, but when there was an active edit button thread, cormyn gave us insight into the reason of *if* there will be an edit button, why it will have a time scale - If an OP makes a thread say in the WERP forum, people reply with a different viewpoint which makes the OP look kind of stupid, they could edit the OP and make everyone look like they're trolling etc.

Posted May 1, '12 at 12:02pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

11,692 posts

Knight

I couldn't be bothered searching, but when there was an active edit button thread, cormyn gave us insight into the reason of *if* there will be an edit button, why it will have a time scale - If an OP makes a thread say in the WERP forum, people reply with a different viewpoint which makes the OP look kind of stupid, they could edit the OP and make everyone look like they're trolling etc.

Kongregate has an edit button and this doesn't happen often over there. And if it does then the mods deal with it.

I'd rather be able to edit freely rather than a five minute time period.

Reply to Edit Button

You must be logged in to post a reply!