Forums

ForumsNews, Feedback and Suggestions

Edit Button

Posted May 1, '12 at 6:44pm

blk2860

blk2860

4,314 posts

WERP forum

This is the kind of Mistake I'm talking about.

Posted May 2, '12 at 1:12pm

light_chaser

light_chaser

659 posts

I really want that for one reason:  when you paste stuff from wordpad, it get's all symbol-y.  I really hate that and it would be a great idea.

Posted May 3, '12 at 5:46pm

Jefferysinspiration

Jefferysinspiration

3,138 posts

Kongregate has an edit button and this doesn't happen often over there. And if it does then the mods deal with it.

I'd rather be able to edit freely rather than a five minute time period

Oh don't get me wrong. I agree, an edit button would be beautiful. But i believe that's the example cormyn gave.

WERP forum

This is the kind of Mistake I'm talking about.

Meh, if there was an edit button, i wouldn't bother editing the likes of that. Everyone who knows what WEPR forum stands for will gather what the typo WERP means.

Posted May 5, '12 at 11:37am

nichodemus

nichodemus

12,164 posts

Knight

Meh, if there was an edit button, i wouldn't bother editing the likes of that. Everyone who knows what WEPR forum stands for will gather what the typo WERP means.

It can be referred to both ways....

Anyway, an edit button would be sweet, provided that the initial text is displayed, for obvious reasons.

Posted May 5, '12 at 5:16pm

ellock

ellock

296 posts

An edit button was discussed before. I think it is not worth it personally, just check your post before you submit it. It would be an extra thing to do. That is not particularly important. After thinking about it I am against an edit button.

Posted May 5, '12 at 10:06pm

Patrick2011

Patrick2011

3,721 posts

An edit button was discussed before. I think it is not worth it personally, just check your post before you submit it. It would be an extra thing to do. That is not particularly important. After thinking about it I am against an edit button.

In some cases, proofreading will cause a user to be ninja'd. An edit button will allow a user to focus on speed and correct the post afterwards. Therefore, I am for an edit button. Sometimes when I make an error, I will correct it in another post and mention the need for an edit button.

Posted May 5, '12 at 10:28pm

LegoMyLego27

LegoMyLego27

64 posts

Xenforo forums all have an edit button.

Reply to Edit Button

You must be logged in to post a reply!