195 posts
Nomad

Feel free to ask any questions

• 46 Replies
steevo15
steevo15
1,564 posts
Peasant

why don't they believe Jesus is the savior?

jalex12
jalex12
195 posts
Nomad

I don't know but they believe that when Elijah, a prophet comes, the messianic age will begin

gman1000
gman1000
978 posts
Nomad

Yeah, why don't they believe Jesus is the Savior?

Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

This looks a bit familliar hmmm..... Well, if anyone had a question about Judaism, then we would look it up on the internet. I would rather look their than ask and 80 year old kid that claims to be a moderator. No offense, but this is what I posted on the Christianity one. I would just rather trust the power of Google! But of course, never trust Wikipedia!

~Strider~

jalex12
jalex12
195 posts
Nomad

Judaism is originated from Israel many, many years ago when Israel was called Canaan.

hojoko
hojoko
510 posts
Peasant

I'll see if I can answer your questions on Judaism. Mainly why we don't believe in Christ. Christ, to Jews, could either be labled as a heritic or just another crucified guy. We don't see him as anything special. Just another Guy. He is not our savior.

jalex12
jalex12
195 posts
Nomad

yes you are correct. we believe that the messiah has not come yet. When he comes there will be world peace.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

I'd like to intervene on the Jesus and Judaism question. This is very, very complicated. During the times that Jesus was roaming around the middle east there were many types of Jews walking around, not to meant the rebellion groups to the Romans like the Zealots, etc. In many texts it is said that some Jewish groups were using Jesus as a tool for the rebellion. He fulfilled the prophecy of being from David and from Aaron. It was his followers and later folks that turned him into a Christ. He never admitted to being the "Son of God." In fact, there are these things called the Jesus Papers that are from his time that are believed to be written by him explaining two messages:

1. He was the Son of Man
2. The Kingdom of Heaven can be found within.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

Jalex, you have no idea what you are talking about.

jalex12
jalex12
195 posts
Nomad

asherlee i am very impressed with your knowledge. the cristian religion was adapted by constantine, a roman emperor.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

Jalex, I read daily on these sort of things. I've studied many religions. I just eat it up. If I spot a book about it I grab it and usually finish it in days. I am particularly interested in the Jesus of History, not the mystical Jesus of Faith.

jalex12
jalex12
195 posts
Nomad

Same with me. I like to learn about history. I am particularly interested in modern politics and geography. Many people do not understand Judaism, resulting in disrespectful behavior towards it.

jalex12
jalex12
195 posts
Nomad

I have seen people in the chat insult people because of their race, and/or religion. If you do not understand a religion do not hate it for no reason!

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

I know, I am not a practicing Jew. I was just born into it. In fact, my girlfriend thinks she is so funny. She just called me and said:

"Want to hear a joke?"

Me: "Sure..."

Her: "Why do Jews have big noses?"

Me: "Why, Sara, please tell me because you never make fun of me for being a Jew" (I said this in a Mexican accent)

Her: "Because the air is free"

hojoko
hojoko
510 posts
Peasant

Hmmm... Jalex, you are pretty much re-stating what Asherlee said.

Asherlee: I study religion.
Jalex: Constantine adapted christianity.
Asherlee: I know. I study religion.
Jalex: I do too!
Asherlee: I dislike Jew Jokes.
Jalex: I do too!
Jalex: We have so much in common!

Not exactly what was said, but you are doing that.

Also, I believe Constantine just made Christianity legal. I believe that Saint Augustine and Saint Antony were more important to christianity. True, Constantine was the first Christian Emperor, but he did not shape it in any way.

Showing 1-15 of 46