ForumsWEPRBoycotting the Olympics good or not good?

31 5153
jalex12
jalex12
195 posts
Nomad

If we boycott the Olympics we might accidentally start a war with China and that would be terrible. We would not have any materials and China provides gas also.

• 31 Replies
The_Medic16
The_Medic16
18 posts
Nomad

So the US should stay out of everything? when you say "mind its own business" what do you mean?

jalex12
jalex12
195 posts
Nomad

china has some issues

thelistman
thelistman
1,416 posts
Shepherd

@The_Medic16

The US should stay out of everything in terms of military. Since the end of World War II, we have been active around the world through military intervention which is no wonder the world sees us as imperialistic. Most nations around the world have little to no sovereignty because the US will just overthrow the government if we don't like what's happening. When someone in the third world tries to stand up to the US, they are mysteriously murdered almost everytime. It's time for the US to stop using military power and intervention to change the world's problems. There are issues at home (like the 25% poverty rate) that need to be fixed. If we jsut cut a little bit out of military spending, a lot could be fixed in the US.

DragonMistress
DragonMistress
1,058 posts
Blacksmith

I honestly don't see a good reason to boycott the Olympics. Not that I can hop a plane over there, but I will definitely watch. Just as America has a poor global image, but there are many wonderful Americans, China may not have the greatest global image, but they are very proud to be hosting the Olympics this year. I look forward to watching.

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Seeing as the Olympics are going ahead anyway, let's all sincerely hope that their building quality is up to standards.

Otherwise more heads are going to roll. Literally.

StrategyGamble
StrategyGamble
129 posts
Nomad

Good cause this is not kinda state where olympics suppose to be organise. There are too many causes of "broking" human laws and Peking?? this smog city is baaad place for anyone who came there to watch..

kielzanie
kielzanie
473 posts
Nomad

of coarse dont boycott it. but seeing those chinnese people like that is not good. im known to hate Chinese people. but if you are chinnese and you are nice, i will be cool with you. actually, my best friend is chinese and he knows that i dont like china. but this is why i dont like them. ever since i was a child, they would treat me bad. weather it was on the streets or school. they would always beat me up or taunt me. since i live in a (african american not to be racial) neighborhood, they also begun to hate them. now, everybody is against chinnese but we cant beat them up because they live in a rich hood. they come into our poor hood because the school gets a lot of money. chinese r too proud of themselves. now they are getting more powerful than the U.S and might start a war with us. this is getting bad, real bad. we should not boycott the olympics or we will start a war with them!!!!

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

Well i think that it should be boycotted. It is a communist nation that is doing wrong things. it is suppressing its people. If we do not go, they would have a major money loss, angering the people and thus possibly leading to a revolution. Of course we do not want a repeat of Tiananmen Square tragedy. Speaking of which, people in China are so supressed the can Google Tiananmen Square and guess how many search results they get...0. Almost nobody knows about it. Thats wrong people, very very wrong.

But as for the Olympics, heres an interesting fact. A long range forecast predicts possible rain for the Olympics. So they are going to shoot C02 into the Troposphere just below the regular clouds so that way they block the rain and the Olympics can go on. They are going to fire them through missiles. I think that is kind of stupid, don't you?

GreatZulu638
GreatZulu638
279 posts
Nomad

not good.. its bad for how the world sees us.. wouldnt go good for our reputation, plus its a good incentive for athletes..

The_Medic16
The_Medic16
18 posts
Nomad

why do people worry about how the world sees america?

GreatZulu638
GreatZulu638
279 posts
Nomad

because.. we are the shining light.. the beacon of hope... and if you dont think so, then because we need good opinions of us so other countries continue to buy from us

jalex12
jalex12
195 posts
Nomad

that should be a song lol

The_Medic16
The_Medic16
18 posts
Nomad

other countrys should kiss the ground we walk on after what we;'ve done for them

jalex12
jalex12
195 posts
Nomad

ya we are so awesome

jalex12
jalex12
195 posts
Nomad

But as for the Olympics, heres an interesting fact. A long range forecast predicts possible rain for the Olympics. So they are going to shoot C02 into the Troposphere just below the regular clouds so that way they block the rain and the Olympics can go on. They are going to fire them through missiles. I think that is kind of stupid, don't you?

Showing 16-30 of 31