ForumsArt, Music, and WritingMurtagh

3 3355
PanzerTank
PanzerTank
1,708 posts
Nomad

I have decided to make a sequel to the Inheritance series (more commonly referred to as the Eragon Trilogy, for I was not 100% content with the way it had ended.

It would like to give Christopher Paolini, three thumbs up, for his series was the greatest series I've ever read, no book I've ever read has come anywhere near how amazingly he wrote this series.

P.S. I have added spaces in the middles of paragraphs for it to be easier to read.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Synopsis

This fantasy nobel is a sequel to Inheritance, a story by Christopher Paolini, the Inheritance series is more often referred to as the Eragon Trilogy. What you need to know is that there are five prominent species (man, dwarf, elf, urgal, and dragon).
In the Inheritance trilogy, there is an Ancient language, this Ancient language was created by the Grey Folk who created the Ancient language because magic was wreaking havoc across the land, for without the Ancient language, any being of the prominent spieces (except for dragons) could cast spells just by thinking it, thus killing many. The Grey Folk knew this must be stopped before all species became extinct, so gathering in what was thought to be their entire species they cast a spell that stopped spells from being casted just by thinking them (for if your mind was distracted and you thought of anything other than your current spell things would likely turn out to very be disastorous. What is thought is that all the Grey Folk died from casting this spell, because all spells casted takes from the magicians the needed energy for the spell, although most if not all the Grey Folk died their spell was a success, and now one may only cast spells by speaking in the Ancient language, making all the prominent species more careful when they say a spell. So now when one says something in the ancient language (which now few species remember this language) a spell is casted if they are magicians (who is a magician and who are not magicians seems completely arbitrary). However all elves are magicians, and all elves are immortal except to conventional means of death, for example starving (anything except old age basically). Every being and species have a name in the Ancient language. If you learn an individuals name in the Ancient language you will be forced to become, in essence their servant. You will have to do literally whatever they say, you will have no freedom to even try and resist. If you learn a species Ancient name they will be inclined to feel less hostile to you, but will not necessarily do what you say, unless their mind and will power is weak. When speaking the Ancient language one can't lie, for what they say must be the truth, it is unknown why this is, some say it was a mistake by the Grey Folk, and some believe that perhaps that was part of their intentions. The Grey Folk lived many, many years ago, a few millenium ago in fact.

Urgals and kulls are a species that are similar to humans except in one key area, that key area being that they are ALL blood thirsty, and have a war lust aching inside them for all time, especially towards humans and elves. They're also cruel and vicious. Kulls are the alpha wolves when compared to Urgals, although they're both grey skinned, and have humanoid features (other than horns). Kulls have on average double the height of an urgal, they're faster as well. They're the urgals' superior in every fashion besides intelligence where as they are equally stupid (for the most part). For unknown reasons kulls don't treat urgals as if they were their superiors and don't take unfair advantages over them. This is a mystery because they could easily overwhelm the urgals and force them into slavery, but choose not to. Perhaps this is because they're of the same race. Similarly to magicians it seems completely arbitrary who becomes a kull and who doesn't. Kulls and urgals have far fewer magicians than any other prominent species, perhaps this is because they're all blood thirsty and many don't have the extreme patience and cunning to learn the Ancient language or cast spells.

• 3 Replies
PanzerTank
PanzerTank
1,708 posts
Nomad

Definitions

Daining: In the context used in the story it means "regard"
Bucks: The child form of Urgals
Shkrival: The name of the urgal and kull species in the ancient language
Yew: Type of tree
Groveled: Synonym to beg
Sentinel: Synonym to lookout/guard
Firesword: A nickname given to Eragon
Arbitrary: Random
Malicious: Intending to do harm
Prominent: Major
Knurlan: Peer/clan mate
Gunter: A ficititous god
Giklaz: An Ancient whip dating back to the time of the Grey Folk
Gathr: A type of thorn
Millenium: 1000 years

P.S. The choosing of names was based on how the names were in the Inheritance series, so Urgal names will come from the way they were spelled in the Inheritance series, so other species do not have human names.

PanzerTank
PanzerTank
1,708 posts
Nomad

Murtagh
And so moaned and sobbed Utger the Urgal, one of the most hated, dispised and disgraced Urgals of the tribe Liz'grtz. For Utger was only a meager 6'0 foot tall Urgal, the smallest Urgal of his age, many of the Urgals younger than he was equal to or taller than Utger. The average Urgal height for his age and gender was 7 and a half feet tall, causing Utger much disgrace for him and his family. It was often thought that Utger was so small because of his very strange and disapproved habits of refusing to eat hunted game, much to the fury of the tribe chief; Nar'Gzhar who wanted all his young bucks strong and fit, not weak, small vegetarians who could barely lift a club, mace or mallet over their heads.

I truly resent this village thought Utger, everything about it, including myself. Why have the Gods cursed me this thus? Apart from Utger's meek size, Utger was also severely underweight, a mere 200 pounds while most Urgals who were his age and gender were at least 350 pounds and built like an ox, with muscles the size of mountains laced upon their bodies and arms similiar to the way trees lace forests. Utger was also furious that he had no horns, well not literally no horns thought Utger, just as good as none though Utger thought bitterly with self-loathing, for his horns were only 1" thick and five cm high and as flat as a wall, along with no tell-tale signs of any tips being shaped on them. For a sharp horn was needed to skewer ones enemies, and for self-defense. Along with being underweight, weak, and a vegetarian, (for Utger couldn't bring it upon himself to injure any animal under any circumstances, except for perhaps his Knurlan)the young bucks made sure to tease and beat him within an inch of his life (with the help of other urgals or kulls), nearly every day and multiple times a week to try and set him straight and turn him into a real Urgal, proud, strong, vicious, mean! A warrior! It never worked though, for the three decades Utger had lived (a mere fraction of an Urgal's life span) Utger had been beat, humiliated and spat upon nearly every day of every week for two of those decades. Today's beating was especially horrible though for, two Kulls had amusingly held him down meanwhile several bucks crammed raw meat into his throat, jeering and sneering at him, then illiterately spoke "how like you this veggy boy". Afterwards they had proceeded to drag him down towards Laerian Lake from his home, nearly drowning him in the Laerian Lake as a matter of fact. By dumping his head in and out of the lake, submerging him underneath the ice cold water for long durations at a time. Utger had tried to fight back, but he had inflicted no damage upon the Kulls, for they were hulking 12 ft tall giants. For kulls were simply a larger more elite type of urgal in every way, the alpha wolves of the their species, except for perhaps in intelligence, for urgals and kull were arguably equally dumb brutes... Well most anyways. After nearly drowning him the kulls and urgals had simply proceeded to beat upon Utger with no weapons save their massive paw like hands, for their great claw like hands were arguably worse than any weapons. They had left Utger by the Laerian river half dead, a pile of broken bones, gasping for breath, bloody, bruised, disgraced, humiliated, and aching nearly everywhere on his body as though a thousand knives had been plunged into his very being.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

I shall add to this later, my spare is coming to an end, so I have another class coming up.

PanzerTank
PanzerTank
1,708 posts
Nomad

Hmm, I don't like the way I did that, I think I'm going to edit this and change a few things then try again

Showing 1-3 of 3