Forums

ForumsSupport Forum

HTML tutorial

Posted May 9, '12 at 11:04pm

Skeleton_Pilot

Skeleton_Pilot

1,290 posts

What is the code for scrolling and is there any way to slow it down?

Posted May 10, '12 at 11:57pm

master565

master565

3,874 posts

What is the code for scrolling and is there any way to slow it down?

It's called a marquee, just google how to do it. And yes, you can slow it down.

Posted May 12, '12 at 1:19pm

Alpha_CK

Alpha_CK

57 posts

nice know about that.

Posted May 15, '12 at 10:27pm

Daizidawizard9000

Daizidawizard9000

123 posts

I have a little question. If you have an HTML code but you have a font next to it, can you put the HTML code in the part where you want it to change colors? Like this (I'll use an example):

I would like something like a light blue and I code something like this:

[font size="1" face="Comic Sans MS" color="#46C7C7"]

Posted May 16, '12 at 3:13pm

Avorne

Avorne

3,224 posts

I have a little question. If you have an HTML code but you have a font next to it, can you put the HTML code in the part where you want it to change colors? Like this (I'll use an example):

The way I do it is:
[font face="courier" color="#f2a400"]
so I don't see any problem with yours - I think it should work. However, light blue isn't allowed, unless it's just somewhere in your profile/bio.

Posted May 16, '12 at 3:50pm

Patrick2011

Patrick2011

3,392 posts

@Daizidawizard9000: Here's the result of your test, even though it's of a disallowed color:

test

@Avorne: Here's the result of your test:

test2

Posted May 16, '12 at 5:32pm

UnleashedUponMankind

UnleashedUponMankind

5,013 posts

--Do not post HTML colors that are exact or similar to the font of a moderator or administrator (blue, green, and between). This is in line with the rule about impersonation, regardless of whether or not you were intent upon doing so. You should be familiar with this, because this rule has already been in place. Users will be warned then banned as usual.

Im not sure if this blue is ok, sure its not look like the mod blue, but imo its better to get an "ok" from a mod befoire you use it, so first ask one of them you could do that.

Posted May 16, '12 at 6:32pm

Patrick2011

Patrick2011

3,392 posts

Im not sure if this blue is ok, sure its not look like the mod blue, but imo its better to get an "ok" from a mod befoire you use it, so first ask one of them you could do that.

I realize that light blue isn't necessarily allowed, but I was just testing an HTML code that someone else started. In real posting, the light blue should not be used, but the orange should be OK. Also, in the light blue test, I called the color a "disallowed" color because I knew previously that it is not OK to impersonate a mod by posting in blue.

Posted May 17, '12 at 1:58pm

Avorne

Avorne

3,224 posts

guy2, ii'm riight iin 2ayiing that yellow ii2 acceptable, aren't ii? ju2t wanted two know 2iince 2ome 2hade2 of yellow are quiite bliindiing.

...I think I'm going to stop typing like Sollux now.

Posted May 17, '12 at 4:35pm

Patrick2011

Patrick2011

3,392 posts

guy2, ii'm riight iin 2ayiing that yellow ii2 acceptable, aren't ii? ju2t wanted two know 2iince 2ome 2hade2 of yellow are quiite bliindiing.

Yellow is not an impersonation, so any readable shade of it is allowed.

Reply to HTML tutorial

You must be logged in to post a reply!