Forums

ForumsSupport Forum

HTML tutorial

Posted Jun 30, '12 at 10:23am

Patrick2011

Patrick2011

11,587 posts

how do u do hyperlinks that say like "This is a link to my page" without saying all the http:armorgames.com/user/megacooper stuff?

On the forums, you can use BB Code. However, that is off-topic, so I will simply redirect you to the right place.

Posted Jun 30, '12 at 1:06pm

megacooper

megacooper

197 posts

thank you

Posted Jul 18, '12 at 3:05pm

AceofSky

AceofSky

782 posts

This was actually pretty helpful.
I care to add on with my knowledge of HTML.

Just like Master565 said, Headers are defined as {h1} {h2}...all the way to {h6}. {h1} is the largest while {h6} is the smallest.

Moving on. You always have to remember to end your codes like you did with bb codes. They are both the same in ending.
Ex: {h1}Always Remember to END!{/h1}
Ex: Always Remember to END!

For the people confused with this matter and are embarrassing themselves...remember that this
{ =

Also I wouldn't make your About so fancy, moderators are disliking the things HTML is doing. One or two colored codes are fine.

Also, if you want to ever write regulary.
You can type
{p}Paragraph{p}
Paragraph

That's not useful in the abouts too much haha ;D

Posted Jul 18, '12 at 5:16pm

thaboss

thaboss

1,667 posts

FOR THE LAST TIME, HTML does NOT work in the forums! They disabled it! It makes '' disappear. (Because you won't see them, whats in the quotes are greater than and less than signs, which is what's used for html tags.)

Posted Jul 18, '12 at 5:22pm

thaboss

thaboss

1,667 posts

That's why the greater than and less than signs don't show up. But yeah. It totally works in profiles.

Sorry, thaboss keeps misreading and getting all worked up.

Posted Jul 20, '12 at 11:15am

Jacen96

Jacen96

3,094 posts

{font size="12" face="ariel" color="green"} this is a test to see if i understand this. {/font}

Posted Jul 20, '12 at 11:26am

Jacen96

Jacen96

3,094 posts

{font size="12"face="ariel"color="green"} will this work, if it doesn't what am i doing wrong? {/font}

Posted Jul 20, '12 at 5:47pm

Patrick2011

Patrick2011

11,587 posts

@Jacen96: You are supposed to do < and > (if those characters are disabled, it's less than and greater than), but HTML is disabled in the forums and comments.

Posted Jul 20, '12 at 9:46pm

thaboss

thaboss

1,667 posts

Thaboss doesnt want to be all annoying and stuff, but isn't stuff like {b} and {i} and {font} deprecated? Shouldn't people do something like {p style="color:(#, rgb, rgba, hsl, whatever); font-weight:700; font-style:italic; text-decoration:underline;"}blah{/p} instead of {u}{b}{I}{font color="red"}blah{/font}{/I}{/b}{/u}. And for size use the font-size:12px, and for type use font-family: (family here)Obviously the second one is much easier, and it works, but.. The first ones more proper. Right? It's technically inline CSS, but... Thaboss likes it better.

Posted Jul 20, '12 at 10:13pm

Patrick2011

Patrick2011

11,587 posts

Thaboss doesnt want to be all annoying and stuff, but isn't stuff like {b} and {i} and {font} deprecated?

There are BB codes, which makes the second work better than the first. I actually prefer the second to the first, unlike you.

Reply to HTML tutorial

You must be logged in to post a reply!