Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Is Obama a good president?

Posted May 8, '12 at 1:23am

AgileCaribou

AgileCaribou

10 posts

What has he done to help/hurt this country? I want to start getting into politics and I think it would be best to first understand what our current president has done to our country so I can learn from the next one. Please help me with as much information as you can.

Posted May 8, '12 at 6:11am

nichodemus

nichodemus

12,069 posts

Knight

He pulled out the troops. Plus points.
Hunted down Osama. More plus points.
Helped to stabilize the economy and pull it back from entering a recession. Not the change he promised for, but he certainly prevented it from crashing further.
Indirectly helped the process of Gaddafi being overthrown.

Posted May 8, '12 at 6:45am

jt25rox

jt25rox

343 posts

The only reason Obama was president was because in 2008 you could run a monkey against a republican and the the monkey would win because we were tried of bush. I liked bush and hate Osama i mean Obama. No Obama care

Posted May 8, '12 at 7:19am

nichodemus

nichodemus

12,069 posts

Knight

The only reason Obama was president was because in 2008 you could run a monkey against a republican and the the monkey would win because we were tried of bush. I liked bush and hate Osama i mean Obama. No Obama care

I suppose the Republicans are worse than Bush than, since they didn't win.....Your logic is flawed. The ''only'' reason why Obama won was because he was more popular. That's as simple as it gets; because more people liked his message than what the GoP could offer.

Posted May 8, '12 at 9:52am

Bladerunner679

Bladerunner679

1,343 posts

I suppose the Republicans are worse than Bush than, since they didn't win.....Your logic is flawed. The ''only'' reason why Obama won was because he was more popular. That's as simple as it gets; because more people liked his message than what the GoP could offer.

it also helped that he was running as the first black president, but not as much as many people think. it did secure him a good chunk of the black vote, just like how hilary secured a good chunk of the women vote, but if anything, I think we elected him for more than just those reasons, we also elected him because he promised he would pull the troops out of iraq (he fulfilled that promise, eventually) and afghanistan (he's getting to it soon). in hindsight, he did really well with what he had. he would've done better if that fool norquist didn't make that "no new tax" pledge, or if the tea party didn't come out of nowhere to cause even more trouble by electing those new representatives that are borderline insane.

all in all, I'd vote for him in the comming ballot because of the fact that the first term of every presidency today is focused on getting re-elected. it isn't until the 2nd term that any president can actually focus on doing what is necessary for the nation.

that's my view.

-Blade

Posted May 8, '12 at 10:06am

nichodemus

nichodemus

12,069 posts

Knight

Well, then why not dissect it further? Even though black voter turnout was higher than normal, it was only 13%. Furthermore, McCain was leading in the number of veterans and senior citizens voting in the campaign, and they made up nearly 16% of the entirely electorate. Point being, demographics are sometimes midsleading. Nonetheless yes, Obama has drawn on a broad spectrum of supporters. Now back to the topic.....

Posted May 8, '12 at 12:43pm

ellock

ellock

285 posts

I think he is a good president, not the best ever but still vary good at what he does.

Posted May 8, '12 at 11:49pm

AgileCaribou

AgileCaribou

10 posts

What do you mean by "helped to stabilize the economy"? How does one go about fixing the economy? Our economy is still in horrible shape.

Posted May 8, '12 at 11:55pm

Bladerunner679

Bladerunner679

1,343 posts

What do you mean by "helped to stabilize the economy"? How does one go about fixing the economy? Our economy is still in horrible shape.

actually, the DOW is above 13,000 right now. we haven't gotten above that since 2008 just after the collapse of lehman brothers. the economy is moving along, and it is only getting stronger.

-Blade

Posted May 9, '12 at 12:16am

AgileCaribou

AgileCaribou

10 posts

What is DOW? Also, why do people keep loosing jobs and people complain about a recession? I'm sorry for all the questions, I'm still new to this.

Reply to Is Obama a good president?

You must be logged in to post a reply!