Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

MBFF - Most Bizarre Food Flavors - 2013 Edition!

Posted Jun 8, '14 at 4:40am

DrElmer

DrElmer

487 posts

How do you even juice a clam?

Clam juice is just clam broth, or the leftover water from steaming clams. Salt is often added for flavor. It really isn't as bad as it sounds, but you still wouldn't be wise to drink it by itself.

Posted Jun 8, '14 at 8:25pm

gh0sts

gh0sts

888 posts

Jarritos is a well-known Mexican soda manufacturer.

Jarritos makes some of the best soda I've ever had. The lime, mandarin, and pineapple flavors are my favorites. I wouldn't call them bizarre, but they do taste different from most American sodas.

Posted Jun 10, '14 at 5:10am

Skeleton_Pilot

Skeleton_Pilot

1,316 posts

I see I have a lot of catching up to do with all the pages I've missed, but first, I have to bring up something I saw in one of the game ads... Wonka's Peel-A-Pop.

http://simplebeautifullife.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/WONKA%E2%84%A2-Peel-A-Pop%E2%84%A2-Frozen-Dessert-Treats-.jpg

This is not a banana... and it's not string cheese in wax coating either . This is a popsicle! A popsicle with a peelable gummy outer layer! And I thought Fun Dip was a weird idea...

Posted Jun 10, '14 at 3:29pm

gh0sts

gh0sts

888 posts

So it's just ice cream with a Laffy Taffy around it basically? Wonka really is running out of ideas. I had that same thought when they came out with Nerds Rope.

Posted Jun 11, '14 at 2:38am

Ernie15

Ernie15

13,419 posts

Knight

There's a burrito in my quesadilla.

http://cdn.thedailymeal.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/homepage_promos_image_670/quesaritopoppromo.jpg

Of course, you know that has to be a joke, because everyone knows the quesadilla is not a natural predator of the burrito. Thus, it must be a Quesarito.

Taco Bell just released these on Monday. Possibly also available for breakfast in the future.

http://www.grubgrade.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/Breakfast-Quesarito.jpg

This is candy available in Britain (don't know about elsewhere) taking the form of a sweet liquid you lick from a gobstopper. The presentation is what makes it odd though:

That color. I wouldn't mind licking something with a brainy consistency, but who would consider eating anything that shade of grey? Anything grey, for that matter.

Someone went a step further and baked cupcakes with detailed brains atop them.

http://www.emmaraeshalloween.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/tumblr_ltxgwcHXJw1qfy3nvo1_500.jpg

Always remember to eat smart, kids, and that's the way to do it.

Wonka's Peel-A-Pop.

I can't tell if this is a terrible idea, or the most brilliant thing to happen to ice cream since they figured out they could put it in a cone. But wouldn't it be easier to just eat the ice cream and the peel altogether?

Posted Jun 11, '14 at 8:17pm

gh0sts

gh0sts

888 posts

The rice in that quesarito looks more like Chipotle rice than Taco Bell rice. I think I smell a rivalry brewing.

Posted Jun 12, '14 at 3:59am

Ernie15

Ernie15

13,419 posts

Knight

The rice in that quesarito looks more like Chipotle rice than Taco Bell rice. I think I smell a rivalry brewing.

That's no accident. The Quesarito has been a part of Chipotle's secret menu for quite some time. If Taco Bell's Quesarito was too different from Chipotle's, the avid fans would just continue get theirs from Chipotle.

Of course, you can always get an Enchirito for only $1.99.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-VaoxVx39akQ/TuZREyWbJgI/AAAAAAAABrs/3ra_cuKShC8/s1600/pdp_enchirito.jpg

Posted Jun 12, '14 at 5:01am

Skeleton_Pilot

Skeleton_Pilot

1,316 posts

Thus, it must be a Quesarito.

A burrito inside of a quesadilla... it's Tex-Mexception! What will Taco Bell think up next... a burrito that's also an enchilada?!

Of course, you can always get an Enchirito for only $1.99.

...I'm already too late.

I had to check the nutrition facts for both of these fusiorritos. The quesarito tops out at about 650 Calories, at least as far as Taco Bell claims, while the enchirito is only at about 340-400. They both contain about 1400-1500 mg of sodium, the equivalent to about one and a half Big Macs (Calorie count: 550).

All I can be sure is, I definitely will not be eating one of those for breakfast!

I can't tell if this is a terrible idea, or the most brilliant thing to happen to ice cream since they figured out they could put it in a cone.

Looks like a bit of both to me. =)

I always thought these were bizarre...

http://blogs.trb.com/features/consumer/shopping/blog/dippindots.jpg

I still haven't mustered up the courage to actually try them... too weird for me! =P

Posted Jun 12, '14 at 6:30am

Ernie15

Ernie15

13,419 posts

Knight

They both contain about 1400-1500 mg of sodium, the equivalent to about one and a half Big Macs (Calorie count: 550).

To be fair, as far as burgers go, the Big Mac is a pretty wimpy unit. If you look at any Red Robin burger, you'll find that the sodium count is at least that of the Quesarito if not more, and the calorie count is always higher and sometimes double.

The Quesarito is more comparable to the Whopper in terms of calories. Actually, they're both reported to have 650 calories, so except for the 500mg sodium difference, they're basically the same meal.

Now a Whopper with cheese would be a different story entirely...

I always thought these were bizarre...

What surprises me most is that they're still around, meaning plenty of people must like them enough to keep buying them. I tried them once, and they weren't bad, but they weren't good enough for round two.

They are bizarre, though, there's no denying that. Like the Cheese-Top Burger, someone had to have come up with this idea, and somehow it gained approval for testing. Between placing cheese on top of a hamburger bun and flash freezing ice cream in liquid nitrogen, I don't know which is the more bizarre idea.

Posted Jun 14, '14 at 8:00pm

wishfulpoison77

wishfulpoison77

131 posts

I LOVE Dippin' Dots. As in, if I see them out, (which isn't that often) I buy some. Yum.

Reply to MBFF - Most Bizarre Food Flavors - 2013 Edition!

You must be logged in to post a reply!