Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

MBFF - Most Bizarre Food Flavors - 2013 Edition!

Posted Mar 12, '13 at 9:47pm

Ernie15

Ernie15

12,548 posts

Knight

This is so very true. I've been eating these clear "glass" noodles at Korean-owned restaurants for years and I never stop to think about what an unusual food they really are.

Mostly so in their appearance. Their flavor isn't anything unusual, and their consistency isn't really significantly different from that of your standard spaghetti noodle, but they look like they're made of jello and that's plenty strange enough for this thread.

They are as delicious as they are translucent, which is pretty delicious if the image doesn't make the translucency clear enough for you. :D

What you did there. I see it.

Speaking of bugs...

I wouldn't be a true bizarre food aficionado if I could not say that I had eaten bugs before. The fact is, I have, and I can tell you that they aren't as bad as they look. Not something I would recommend, because you aren't missing much flavor-wise, but there's nothing disgusting about them.

Actually, that beetle pie would look pretty good if it wasn't for that disgusting feta cheese.

Posted Mar 12, '13 at 10:24pm

Skulltivator

Skulltivator

645 posts

Actually, that beetle pie would look pretty good if it wasn't for that disgusting feta cheese.

Looks like a licorice-flavored pulled pork sandwich.

Posted Mar 12, '13 at 10:46pm

Terry_Logic

Terry_Logic

3,997 posts

Hmmm.... all those vermin-based dishes are really bugging me....

:D

Their flavor isn't anything unusual, and their consistency isn't really significantly different from that of your standard spaghetti noodle, but they look like they're made of jello and that's plenty strange enough for this thread.

Glass noodles are slightly more chewy and slippery than regular noodles, but you're right, it is rather tough to notice if you don't eat spaghetti noodles very often.

And now for something completely different....

Posted Mar 12, '13 at 11:40pm

Skulltivator

Skulltivator

645 posts

And now for something completely different....

What would that be?

Posted Mar 13, '13 at 12:00am

Terry_Logic

Terry_Logic

3,997 posts

What would that be?

Looks like I forgot to post the picture. Whoopsie.

http://www.lady.sk/clanok/060217CreamyDreams02.jpg

Posted Mar 13, '13 at 12:13pm

light_chaser

light_chaser

659 posts

joghurt?

mommy I'm scared...

and now, for everyones favorite food sensations crammed into one, I give you:
http://www.****fineeating.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/10_07_2012.jpg

Meaty turducken combos!

Posted Mar 15, '13 at 5:18pm

R2D21999

R2D21999

8,358 posts

Light, it might be the device I'm on right now. But I can't see the image.

Now this freaked me out...
http://thumbs.ifood.tv/files/u10851/weird_food_5.jpg

Its a live baby octopus donut.

Thinking of eating that Ernie?

Posted Mar 15, '13 at 5:32pm

Terry_Logic

Terry_Logic

3,997 posts

Its a live baby octopus donut.

Baby mice, from the looks of it. Octopuses don't look anything like that, baby or not. Suspicious though that it's the only picture I can find of it.

Posted Mar 15, '13 at 5:39pm

R2D21999

R2D21999

8,358 posts

It told me it was baby octopi.

Posted Mar 15, '13 at 5:44pm

Terry_Logic

Terry_Logic

3,997 posts

I read the article that the image comes from, and I think you misread it. Baby octopus is mentioned in a slightly different context.

By the way, all the "food" in that article is bupkis except for the scorpions on a stick.

Reply to MBFF - Most Bizarre Food Flavors - 2013 Edition!

You must be logged in to post a reply!