Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

MBFF - Most Bizarre Food Flavors - 2013 Edition!

Posted Jun 15, '12 at 4:14pm

xeano321

xeano321

2,563 posts

Knight

Cucumber soda... My Mom recently started buying this. I tried some, and it tastes like Cucumbers (with carbonation.) It's kind of weird.

http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l543/xeano321/4372821.jpg

Posted Jun 15, '12 at 4:39pm

xeano321

xeano321

2,563 posts

Knight

Failed to remember to upload this a few minutes ago.

Yum! Veggie Jelly Belly! I saw these at the store yesterday, and I almost bought them, but didn't have the money with me at the time.

http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l543/xeano321/01.jpg

Posted Jun 15, '12 at 4:47pm

Ernie15

Ernie15

12,548 posts

Knight

I tried some, and it tastes like Cucumbers (with carbonation.)

I've never particularly liked cucumbers very much, but apparently lime-cucumber Gatorade has a decent-sized following and is quite refreshing.

It has to be better than Cel-Ray.

http://www.rootbeerreviews.com/others/images/celray.jpg

Yum! Veggie Jelly Belly!

It would be downright weird if they were actually veggie-flavored, but those carrots look and probably taste like orange Mike and Ike's.

Posted Jun 15, '12 at 6:17pm

xeano321

xeano321

2,563 posts

Knight

It has to be better than Cel-Ray.

Yikes! Don't let my Mom see this... She will start buying it!

Posted Jun 15, '12 at 6:22pm

Ernie15

Ernie15

12,548 posts

Knight

Don't let my Mom see this... She will start buying it!

Too late, I already notified her via eHarmony.

I also told her to replace your veggie Jelly Bellies with real vegetables.

Posted Jun 15, '12 at 7:34pm

Skeleton_Pilot

Skeleton_Pilot

1,290 posts

@ Oreos
Those all look delicious! I'll bet the mint ones taste more like double-stuffed Thin Mints than anything!

@ Bacon Bacon Truck
All of those products contain bacon, but that's about the only thing appealing about them! With the exception of the last three items, all of those menu items are fu-fu foods!

@ Mr. Q. Cumber
That doesn't sound bad... does it really taste that much different from 7up?

@ Peas & Carrots
I hope to one day see these in candy stores in the large dispensers rather than just in tiny plastic cans or small packages...

http://www.kaliscandy.com/gr/products.jpg

@ Dr. Brown's Cel-Ray
You know what that may mix well with?

http://www.shopold52.com/uploads/store/thumbnail/mult1142-Peanut_Butter_Soda.jpg

xD

Posted Jun 16, '12 at 2:26pm

Ernie15

Ernie15

12,548 posts

Knight

I'll bet the mint ones taste more like double-stuffed Thin Mints than anything!

Yes, that's pretty much what they taste like. They aren't my first choice out of the ones available in local grocery stores, but in a pinch they're alright.

All of those products contain bacon, but that's about the only thing appealing about them! With the exception of the last three items, all of those menu items are fu-fu foods!

The sole reason why I avoid modern San Franciscan food. They don't go for what tastes good, they just go for what seems "hip". I don't see the appeal behind unusual flavorless vegetables and goat cheese either. If that Bacon Bacon truck were based in some other city, I would've already paid it a visit by now.

I hope to one day see these in candy stores in the large dispensers rather than just in tiny plastic cans or small packages...

Just get a few really big boxes of Mike & Ike's, remove the cherry and strawberry flavors, and cut the green ones in half.

Basically just take out the Mikes and keep the Ikes.

Posted Jun 16, '12 at 2:35pm

xeano321

xeano321

2,563 posts

Knight

I also told her to replace your veggie Jelly Bellies with real vegetables.

LoL Thanks a lot, but I just mailed the container to you for the official AG taste test... Looks like you will have to eat healthy for a day.

Posted Jun 16, '12 at 2:45pm

xeano321

xeano321

2,563 posts

Knight

I hit submit by accident on the last post... 

That doesn't sound bad... does it really taste that much different from 7up?

7up is lemon-lime soda.... This is cucumber. Just imagine the taste of cucumber, and add carbonation... That is exactly what it tastes like.

They will run you $7.00-$8.00 pound, just like normal Jelly-Bellys.

Just get a few really big boxes of Mike & Ike's, remove the cherry and strawberry flavors, and cut the green ones in half.

According to the picture I posted, they are Orange Sherbert and Green Apple flavor.

Posted Jun 16, '12 at 2:57pm

Ernie15

Ernie15

12,548 posts

Knight

but I just mailed the container to you for the official AG taste test...

Thank god for the return address.

According to the picture I posted, they are Orange Sherbert and Green Apple flavor.

If you remove the cherry and strawberry Mikes, you'll be left with orange and lime flavored Ikes. Lime and green apple are both green, and neither of them taste like peas, so unless you like one flavor significantly better than the other it shouldn't be a problem.

Reply to MBFF - Most Bizarre Food Flavors - 2013 Edition!

You must be logged in to post a reply!