Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

MBFF - Most Bizarre Food Flavors - 2013 Edition!

Posted Jul 15, '12 at 12:17pm

Santi_

Santi_

444 posts

Oh wow... those ribs look AMAZING! Where can one go about finding these delicious-looking splendors?

Sorry it took me a while to respond. I've heard that it is served in 2 state fairs. Unfortunately I forgot the name.
But they are amazing.

Posted Jul 18, '12 at 12:45pm

1zth

1zth

189 posts

1zth, I admire your dedication, but 3/5 of those products have already been posted somewhere in this thread.

oops sorry

http://markosun.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/weird-food-flavors192315178-apr-18-2012-600x448.jpg?w=1000

Posted Jul 19, '12 at 4:39pm

1zth

1zth

189 posts

@Hotlipssoda They Look kinda goood in a way

Posted Jul 19, '12 at 6:13pm

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

8,764 posts

Let's think out of the box and I mean... REALLY out of the box for a change...

How about Snake Wine?!

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4106/4984539396_4807e6e8a0_z.jpg

If you’re seeking a drink to match the unusual food on your plate, snake wine could well tick all the boxes. This alcoholic beverage not only has snake blood dissolved into it but is also bottled with one of the creatures inside it.

Thought to have many medicinal qualities, the rice wine-based drink is often advertised as helping to cure hair loss and farsightedness, while it is reported that it can also help to improve virility.

Popular throughout south-east Asia, snake wine is especially drunk in Vietnam and southern China.
(Source : www.wildjunket.com)

It might leave you with a stinging headache... LOL =P

Posted Jul 21, '12 at 3:50pm

Skeleton_Pilot

Skeleton_Pilot

1,290 posts

Oh wow, that wine looks... well, I don't even know how to describe it! I think "bizarre" says it all!

It looks like some of those bottles contain a scorpion in addition to the snake... I must know, how does that improve the quality of the beverage?

Posted Jul 21, '12 at 5:31pm

VirtualLife

VirtualLife

257 posts

@Hotlips Soda
That sounds reaaallllly good but I don't drink soda anymore. Such a shame.

@Snake Wine
That just sounds kinda repulsive. I hate bugs and things that crawl and bite. Looking at them gives me the creeps.

@Spam Musubi
Oh my god that stuff is seriously to die for. I absolutely love it. I could eat like a billion tons and I normally don't even like spam. I can't even express its awesomeness.

Plantains and Black Beans
http://s3-media4.ak.yelpcdn.com/bphoto/6ULUvQ4oiqpBX1NhTBPIDg/l.jpg
So I must admit that this doesn't seem that gross. But when I first saw it, I was kinda repulsed by it. It's not necessarily bizarre it's just different. And incredibly amazing. I can eat like five billion plates of these and not be satisfied.

I looked through and didn't see this. Has anyone posted Balut yet? Or fried tarantulas? Or horseshoe crab?

Posted Jul 22, '12 at 4:07am

EnixSquare

EnixSquare

25 posts

wtf is this!?!?!? xDD we live in a weird world!!

Posted Jul 23, '12 at 7:59pm

Skeleton_Pilot

Skeleton_Pilot

1,290 posts

Fried plantains have an interesting flavor that I can never tell if I like or dislike... the sweetness a bit overwhelming at times, but it also has a bite to it that you can't get from a regular banana!

Has anyone posted Balut yet? Or fried tarantulas? Or horseshoe crab?

Doesn't sound familiar... go right ahead! =)

Posted Jul 23, '12 at 8:33pm

dair5

dair5

2,479 posts

Plantains

:D I'm actually surprised this wasn't posted sooner.

So I must admit that this doesn't seem that gross. But when I first saw it, I was kinda repulsed by it. It's not necessarily bizarre it's just different. And incredibly amazing. I can eat like five billion plates of these and not be satisfied.

They always come around.

Has anyone posted Mangu yet? Sorry I'm not good with pictures. Here's a link with pictures though. Mangu is really good, once you get used to it.

Posted Jul 24, '12 at 12:19am

pickpocket

pickpocket

3,520 posts

They made it with 6 hamburger patties. Not one giant patty cut into 6 slices. No, they had to make it with 6 individual patties. That's literally 6 burgers in one. Is there any doubt at all that an American came up with this idea?

think twice
http://blog.zap2it.com/pop2it/pizza-hut-crown-crust-cheeseburger-pizza.jpg
many of you are think, "man those fat Americans" but to your astonishment you will see that it actually started in the middle east. We have more in common than we thought hu?
Anyways, who would ever eat this sick, messed up heart attack on a dish? Why? Why? Its bad enough that their are pizza huts and mcdonalds doing that separately, no need to combine them! Does the coffin come with the meal or is it extra?

I can`t stand plantains. They are nasty, evil, midget bananas.

Reply to MBFF - Most Bizarre Food Flavors - 2013 Edition!

You must be logged in to post a reply!