ForumsWEPRI don't understand america.

120 29272
Iliketehpie
Iliketehpie
32 posts
Nomad

I am a canadian, yet I do not understand how 15 trillion in debt, yet the most powerful economy. I know about alot of factors tie in, like powerful military big country...and what not. I still beleive in Manifest destiny, maybe not a military takeover, but enconomicly. To apparently the most powerful nation on earth.

• 120 Replies
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

Us Mongolians weren't even warlike. You, my friend, are an idiot. Genghis Khan's laws were better than even today's laws. He was nowhere near as barbaric as people think. His strategies were ahead of his time. The only reason you're alive is because he didn't conquer Europe because of their poverty. Where you got your info from? Mongol.

ah yea it's my bad. mongols in dutch means retarded people.
i accidently said it in dutch but i thought there wouldn't be actual mongolian people here wich i could offend whit the english meaning of mongols. so i left it as it was. (i had to anyway there is no edit button xD )

(in dutch the word mongols has 2 meanings. retards and people like yourself for mongolian.(no offence intended just facts))

I'm offended only for the racism that is clearly still there.

no racism just a mixup of 2 languages. my bad.

anyway you can't deny all the wars and victorys he had. and the reason why china made a world wonder =P
the guy and it's army was feared over the entire eurasian (aka world in that time) to become that in those years you realy have to kill alot.
i bet that he wouldn't have done it if he didn't like it.
Bluydee
Bluydee
3,426 posts
Nomad

He, like every other human, valued riches and power. Every conqueror wanted it. Their motivation was what they wanted, so they took it.

Considering how crappy his childhood was, it's no wonder he did what he did.

He purposely spread rumors and left survivors to make himself seem more powerful and feared.

He was also a visionary. He single-handily united Mongolia and caused China to unite as well. He only killed the aristocrats, spared all who were loyal, and even when he gone for destroying instead of conquering, he spared all of the engineers. His laws were as good as today's laws. He:

1. allowed religious freedom

2. outlawed slavery and kidnapping

3. all children are legitimate

4. outlawed stealing animals

5. you will be deemed a thief if you do not return items to local supervisor

6. all people in public service are exempt from taxes

He also distributed treasures among the citizens fairly.

Overall, he was one of the better rulers. He never mutilated or humiliated prisoners and was never making brutal public acts. He sent orphaned children in his raids to his mom for her to take care of. He valued loyalty above all else, even from his enemies.

partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

your only talking about the good side but not the bad side.
you don't get such a big empire and be feared far beyond the borders. whit doing good things. people do not fear some1 if he is a good guy.

it's like i can talk the VOC of my own country right. (largest slave trading company ever.)
while these pages in history are very black. the inkt used is gold.

thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

Mongol campaigns may have resulted in the deaths of 40 million people.

Quote from wikipedia
Bluydee
Bluydee
3,426 posts
Nomad

I know.

But why do you want to try to offend me punisher? What gain do you have with discrediting an great man in the eyes of his people?

thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

But why do you want to try to offend me punisher? What gain do you have with discrediting an great man in the eyes of his people?

nO, I'M NOT TRYING TO DISCREDIT HIM IN UR EYES IM JUST SHOWING YOU OTHER SIDE OF PICTURE AND THE REASON WHY I DON'T LIKE HIM
Bluydee
Bluydee
3,426 posts
Nomad

It's your opinion. No Mongolian cares about it. He is a savior in their eyes. Many Mongolians believe in a second coming of him. He is the messiah in Mongolian eyes.

Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

It's your opinion. No Mongolian cares about it. He is a savior in their eyes. Many Mongolians believe in a second coming of him. He is the messiah in Mongolian eyes.

Doesn't change the fact that he did wage war, conquer areas and slaughter people. Or make it right/justified.

What does this have to do with America?
Bluydee
Bluydee
3,426 posts
Nomad

So? Many people did that. The only difference was that he was more successful.

partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

if their will be a 2nd coming of him then he wont be as succesfull as he was back then. other country's/peoples defence have become much better then what he faced back then.

What does this have to do with America?

i mixed up a dutch and a english word. since then this has been going on.

So? Many people did that. The only difference was that he was more successful.
and that he has been more succesful then MOST doesn't make him a better person. instead it probably makes him a even worse person.

anyway if you excepted my excuse this whole ranting would be over already and we could go back to ranting on the usa.
Zee_
Zee_
16 posts
Nomad

Neither do i. I don't understand why we keep electing people like bush, obama, romney, and so on. Americans are flat out stupid and afraid of real change, i don't understand why we don't do something as people. Ron Paul was seriously our last hope in fixing are mess unless someone comes out of nowhere in 2016 thats good and wants liberty and freedom.

ethan3300
ethan3300
100 posts
Shepherd

Ok just so you know, you have to live in America to understand anything about it.

Deth666
Deth666
653 posts
Nomad

anyway if you excepted my excuse this whole ranting would be over already and we could go back to ranting on the usa.

Look everyone it's John Langdon Down's fault, not partydevil's. Apparently, Down thought that people with what we now call Down's syndrome had Mongolian features. Therefore, Down thought it was a good idea to call it Mongolism or Mongolian idiocy and refer to them as Mongoloids. Unfortunately, the term still gets used (it means retard in English, too), despite it being renamed to Down's syndrome in the '70s. Personally, I think 150 years ago no one cared if they were being racist because everyone was a racist but maybe that's just me.

Ok just so you know, you have to live in America to understand anything about it.

Isn't that what the Nazi's at Nuremberg said "You had to be there to understand it"?
danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

peoples always do it, and its qute right. must of the time, when someone from another place tell you how you should behave, when you know that his knowledge come from his newspeper and yours from the Environment, you will use it.

and for the Mongolians, just think that i will say "we, Israel, are not like these Americans who killed the indians by thousands for money, we.... bal bla bla...". its saying "these primitives", saying that ther history is lesser to your superior, Enlightened one. so please lets stop it and get back on the topic.

dear friend, its only a matter of diplomacy. if your friends like you, they wont start to demanding the money they Loaned to you right?
so does USA. i dont want USA to collapse. so does the Euro, and japan, and saudi-arabia and etc. so they dont demand ther money.
and, lets not forget, most of the economies are based on the american market. not as it used to be, but yet, if USA will collapse, most of the global economies will go down with it too. this is why.
Its liek asking "why the world dont stop assad?" DIPLOMACY.

hawkeyes1234
hawkeyes1234
6 posts
Peasant

i agree with jt25rox, we always try to help other people when its unnecessary and it barely fixes anything. such as the vietnam war we went in trying to stop the spread of communism but we lost anyway and communism continued to spread so we got nothing but body bags. our politicians are corrupt and we're spending too much money on our military now i agree with how obama wanted to cut away at the military budget.

Showing 106-120 of 120