ForumsWEPRI don't understand america.

120 29277
Iliketehpie
Iliketehpie
32 posts
Nomad

I am a canadian, yet I do not understand how 15 trillion in debt, yet the most powerful economy. I know about alot of factors tie in, like powerful military big country...and what not. I still beleive in Manifest destiny, maybe not a military takeover, but enconomicly. To apparently the most powerful nation on earth.

• 120 Replies
Jeff1999
Jeff1999
1,356 posts
Farmer

But don't yards have different sizes?

BRAAINZz
BRAAINZz
787 posts
Nomad

the only thing i find wierd is that 12 inch = 3 feet = 1 yard

*36 inches= 3 feet= 1 yard.

Imperial is just as strange as the Farenheit temperature scale.

Like how water freezes at 32 degrees in Farenheit.
1C = 1.8F
Some strange logic going on there. :S
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

i just can't agree more.
jt25rox
jt25rox
332 posts
Peasant

actually the metric system is just way to many easy conversions. i like how we in the states do it i hate metric i still have to know it for chem

Like how water freezes at 32 degrees in Farenheit.
1C = 1.8F

actually the coversion is times by 9/5 then add 32. ) degress centigrade is 32 degrees farinhiet. books burn at 451 degress farihiet
jt25rox
jt25rox
332 posts
Peasant

) degress centigrade

my bad its suppose to be 0
BRAAINZz
BRAAINZz
787 posts
Nomad

actually the coversion is times by 9/5 then add 32. )

I was just comparing them.

books burn at 451 degress farihiet

Why do you know this?

) degress centigrade is 32 degrees farinhiet.

Yes and I used the freezing of water as 0 instead because it's common knowledge (Or should be) that Celsius is based off of the freezing point of natural water.
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,442 posts
Jester

books burn at 451 degress farihiet

Celsius. Bradbury just thought Fahrenheit sounded better. According to Wiki it's closer to 840F.
jt25rox
jt25rox
332 posts
Peasant

Yes and I used the freezing of water as 0 instead because it's common knowledge (Or should be) that Celsius is based off of the freezing point of natural water.

no it and kelvins are easier to use in chem.

Celsius. Bradbury just thought Fahrenheit sounded better. According to Wiki it's closer to 840F.

wow somebody has too much time
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

the only thing i find wierd is that 12 inch = 3 feet = 1 yard
while we have 100cm = 10dm = 1m
so i find ours a bit more logic.

Yep. 10x steps make more sense when using decimal numbers for example. One reason why the 1min=60secs isn't ideal either.

I think they even defined 0°C as freezing point and 100°C as boiling point of water. It's completely arbitrary, sure (as is anything used to measure things), but using water is rather intuitive and easy I'd say.

Speaking of this kind of things, why does America inverse days and months in the date? Like mm/dd/yy instead of how we have it in Europe, dd/mm/yy. Doesn't it make more sense to go from small to big XD
Bluydee
Bluydee
3,426 posts
Nomad

pff great leaders he say... their all war loving mongols.

**** you. Just, **** you

Us Mongolians weren't even warlike. You, my friend, are an idiot. Genghis Khan's laws were better than even today's laws. He was nowhere near as barbaric as people think. His strategies were ahead of his time. The only reason you're alive is because he didn't conquer Europe because of their poverty. Where you got your info from? Mongol.

Think next time before you use old stereotypical racist descriptions. *****
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

am a canadian, yet I do not understand how 15 trillion in debt, yet the most powerful economy. I know about alot of factors tie in, like powerful military big country...and what not. I still beleive in Manifest destiny, maybe not a military takeover, but enconomicly. To apparently the most powerful nation on earth.

oh, the mess you have made my friend...
now that i think about it, you do make a good point. part of the world power is
A. big military
B. big country
C. lots of allies
D. mutha f***ing nukes
really though, all these politics are messing everything up. i dont get it. we have SOOO much debt and what is their solution? spend more and cut the military. really? are you fricking kidding me?? with all this crap going on in the middle east, the first thing you do is cut the military. and how the **** is spending more supposed to get you more money?? and cut some other stuff, not the FRICKING MILITARY! jeez, isnt it simple? STOP BUYING ****! look at europe. look at greace. its screwed up over their. why? cause they dont stop spending! now look at germany. they are one of the most stable european countries right now. why? they stopped spending! and now that im on the rant, wtf is going on with obama? first he says he supports gays(i think just to gain votes, but not like gays will vote for republicans) and now he says he did drugs. he admitted it. the media is so screwed up here! just imagin if this was a republican, the media would be all over it and not shut up about it, but when obama does it its "cool". jeez. i dont understand america either anymore! now we are all fat, our interwebz are being taken, our president does drugs and the media is screwed up. yup. LAND OF THE F***ING FREE! jeez...
sorry..... i got a little carried away...
thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

**** you. Just, **** you

Us Mongolians weren't even warlike. You, my friend, are an idiot. Genghis Khan's laws were better than even today's laws. He was nowhere near as barbaric as people think. His strategies were ahead of his time. The only reason you're alive is because he didn't conquer Europe because of their poverty. Where you got your info from? Mongol.

Think next time before you use old stereotypical racist descriptions. *****

So you say that mongols did not burn baghdad?
They did not burn its library and because of that river water turned black?
They did not kill last abbasid caliph very brutally?
The only reason mongols did not conquer europe was because their king died and they all had to go back to crowning of the new king.
Search it up.
P.S no need to be ashamed or offended about this,
bottom line is, the kicked ***
Bluydee
Bluydee
3,426 posts
Nomad

And did they do it for the sake of love of war? No. They're purpose was for territory. Not just for the sake of it. Everybody had to fight for land.

You're also off on the reason. Genghis Khan died in 1227. They started looking at Europe in his late 50s, 15 years before. He was surprised at the poverty compared to the Muslims and Chinese. They never gone back for crowning of a new king.

Don't try to tell about the history of my own country. How would you like it if I told you how Pakistan history was?

Bluydee
Bluydee
3,426 posts
Nomad

I'm offended only for the racism that is clearly still there.

thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

Don't try to tell about the history of my own country. How would you like it if I told you how Pakistan history was?

give it a shot
Showing 91-105 of 120