Forums

ForumsProgramming Forum

Programming Class

Posted Jul 16, '12 at 3:03pm

Darkroot

Darkroot

2,879 posts

Well, probably not web developer type. More like software engineer or game programmer

You're still probably looking at C++ and Java.

Well, really what I want programming for is hacking.

I really hope you meant white hat hacking and not black hat hacking.
Some languages good for that are; C, C++,SQL, Perl, Javascript and Ruby and a bucketload of software and good understanding of windows and unix programming.

Posted Jul 16, '12 at 3:32pm

BRAAINZz

BRAAINZz

797 posts

I really hope you meant white hat hacking and not black hat hacking.

Well, if he understands the term "Hacking" actually means white-hacking in general, we're good. But if he intended it for Cracking. Well, then, um. Uh-oh.

Posted Jul 18, '12 at 2:34am

manny6574

manny6574

935 posts

Not malicous black-hat hacking. I don't want to be a cracker.

That is #3 on my list. The knowledge is power, the internet is a wealth of knowledge. If you can control it, you rule all.

Very true.

yeah:

-C
-C++
-Assembly
-SQL
-JavaScript
-Ruby
-Perl
-PHP
-Unix system knowledge.. probably the hardest bit. I've already got ubuntu linux 12.04 btw.

I think that seems like a decent list?

Posted Jul 19, '12 at 2:49pm

Darkroot

Darkroot

2,879 posts

I think that seems like a decent list?

It is not bad but slightly overwhelming and Java is a good language to know. I would stick with C++ or Java till you reach a level where you can make almost anything you want to. Then probably branch out. JavaScript PHP&MSQL you can learn at the same time. Perl and Ruby should not be as hard after you full master C++.

I've already got ubuntu linux 12.04 btw.

That is nice but you need to open the terminal and start doing things. Installing new packages or software will be the first thing you will need to do.

Posted Jul 19, '12 at 8:07pm

manny6574

manny6574

935 posts

yeah.. I've done quite bit in the terminal so far. I've even had to ./configure && make &&make install some things like nemesis(packet injection) and few other things. So not too bad on that.

btw.. how do you read sudo?

is it soo-doo or soo-doe?

C++ will take a long time though.

I recently heard about Sockets? How does that work

Posted Jul 19, '12 at 11:28pm

Darkroot

Darkroot

2,879 posts

I say "sue do"--as in "Sue do the dishes"

C++ will take a long time though.

Everything worthwhile does. It might take a thousand hours or more to truly master it or becoming highly competent with it. But that includes learning the programming paradigm with it. Next language won't take nearly as long. Since you build on the base of what you know and not create the base which requires more effort.

I recently heard about Sockets? How does that work

No, I don't know much about networking and not a class I'm planning to take. So I won't be able to help you much. Be warned networking is a third year class that has data structures, linear algebra and calculus I as the prerequisite in most universities. It might be out of your scope right now.

Posted Jul 20, '12 at 11:13am

kyhree1359

kyhree1359

5 posts

So how can i register for this?.....I want too learn Java and C++.

Posted Jul 20, '12 at 11:54am

Darkroot

Darkroot

2,879 posts

@kyhree1359 If you read the whole thread you will know :P. Just go to my profile and you will see an email address there. Shoot me an email and I'll reply. You're pretty lucky I just started the class yesterday night.

Posted Jul 20, '12 at 1:39pm

kyhree1359

kyhree1359

5 posts

oh really? That is good i kinda just skimmed through it.

Posted Jul 20, '12 at 2:06pm

AceofSky

AceofSky

782 posts

I sent you an email like you said. But Im rather curious...are you like going to send us lessons...or just try to chat with each of us personally?

Reply to Programming Class

You must be logged in to post a reply!