ForumsProgramming ForumProgramming Class

89 32970
Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

Would anyone be interested in short programming class that I or anyone competent in programming would teach? It would be a small class with some readings and assignments. I know most of you are busy as so am I so it wouldn't be like University level. But it would be an introduction nerveless maybe a much needed push for some people to start with programming or those who need some structure.

I could teach Actionscript 3, Python or Java (I'm the most proficient with this language). I know some other languages but I doubt anyone wants to learn something as abstract and mathematical as Haskell or as low level as Assembly.

This is just a post to see how many people are interested and in what language.

• 89 Replies
blueshrike
blueshrike
75 posts
Nomad

I would be very interested in a programming class. I would like to learn how to make flash games and that such you should definately start one darkroot.

Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

Okay then a sticky sounds like a good idea then. What do you people expect to get from a tutorial like this. Do you want basics (longer simpler tutorials) or tutorial that contains more but less is explained? Do you feel you should be able to make something from it and what are you expectations of being to make at the end of the tutorial?

yaytrio
yaytrio
3 posts
Nomad

I've always wanted to know how to program games, but never got around to doing it. I would like to do it.

maninfrontofthemask
maninfrontofthemask
95 posts
Jester

I would also not mind learning to program. I have taken a couple university classes in C but we are on break for summer and would love to learn Java. I don't have alot of time to dedicate (full-time job and such) but if it's over the net I could probably squeeze some time in over the week.

maninfrontofthemask
maninfrontofthemask
95 posts
Jester

I would like to ammend my last statement and say that I would still be interested even if the language isn't Java, but that is the one I would relly like to learn

BRAAINZz
BRAAINZz
787 posts
Nomad

I would choose the explanations over being able to but have no idea how it works. In other words, the first option. And, what would I expect? It depends on how long it will go on. How long will it be in a time span?

WhiskeyedJack
WhiskeyedJack
80 posts
Shepherd

If you really want to cover basics, I would suggest posts based around programming concepts like logic, flow, objects... etc and pick 2-3 languages and demonstrate the given concept with code in those languages.

Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

How long will it be in a time span?

Yeah that is a good question it depends on how long most people want to commit. I guess people who really want to do this for a period of time can send me an email which can be found in my description on my profile. Please include your AG name, how long you would be able to do the class, Programming experience and maximum course load.
Pesmer
Pesmer
2 posts
Nomad

i would be interested, too.

alex57834
alex57834
88 posts
Nomad

I would be intresested

Annihalation
Annihalation
479 posts
Nomad

This sounds like it would be a very good idea, and I would be interested in reading up on any material you post.I would be interested in C, C++, and Java mostly, and ActionScript 2 or 3 I wouldn't mind hope you keep us posted

Lord_Mist
Lord_Mist
571 posts
Nomad

I am currently learning Java
what java language do you master,if I may know ?

manny6574
manny6574
922 posts
Nomad

sorry if this is irrelevant but Darkroot said he knows assembly here.

How hard is it and how could I learn it?

Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

what java language do you master,if I may know ?

I'm not sure what you mean here but I am sure I'm not java master.

hope you keep us posted

I'll try to seems not many people are registering for the class through the email on my profile either people don't trust me with their email(make a spam one really I have 5) or there is not that much interest in it.

How hard is it and how could I learn it?

It's not that hard lots of manipulating of registers,memory and numbers. I couldn't find that many lectures on it on Google I used Motorola HC12 in my classes. But thanks to notches new game 0x10c the DCPU-16 is becoming very popular. Here is a short tutorial on the processor. You could probably find something better if you spent a bit more time than me searching.
gunsofliberty
gunsofliberty
27 posts
Nomad

Well I might be late, but I'm willing to join, I just started in with minor knowledge of some Java, Python, and C++

Showing 16-30 of 89