ForumsThe TavernGeneral NBA Discussion

456 100235
vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

Who's going it all? Will the Nuggets come back? etc...

The finals is probably going to be the Heat vs Thunder. Well, that's what I think, so, what's your opinion?

• 456 Replies
ryan7g
ryan7g
478 posts
Shepherd

Who do you think had the most impact on the team?

Who's going to take that intensity and carry it along with him into the NBA?

I'd say either Durant or LeBron. Which isn't surprising. They're still the two best players in the NBA. And I wouldn't be surprised if they met in the Finals again this year.
vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

I think Chris Paul was underrated during the Olympics. He can distribute the ball and also shoot jumpers.

slipsoccer
slipsoccer
1,081 posts
Peasant

Who do you think had the most impact on the team?

That's hard to tell. Each game someone different stood out.

I wasn't suprised at all that USA won gold, I mean they have the 3 best pointguards in the world that's.... cheating haha.
superbob111
superbob111
465 posts
Nomad

I'd say either Durant or LeBron. Which isn't surprising. They're still the two best players in the NBA. And I wouldn't be surprised if they met in the Finals again this year.

well kobe's numbers began to go down so iwould say maybe durant

i can see the thunder in the finals
if not close to the finals
as for the heat if the supporting cast is as good as they were last year
i can see em close to the finals

but as i said earlier i suspect bulls and thunder
as long as derek rose doesn't get injured again
ryan7g
ryan7g
478 posts
Shepherd

but as i said earlier i suspect bulls and thunder
as long as derek rose doesn't get injured again

Derrick Rose isn't going to be 100% once the season starts. I'm not even sure if he'll play. Remember, he tore his ACL. That's a very long and delicate recovery stage.

Even without the injury, I'm not sure how you pick them over the defending champs who have basically everyone back and have added two new important people to their defense title run (Ray Allen, Rashard Lewis). I don't see anyone beating the Heat in the East.
vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

Even without the injury, I'm not sure how you pick them over the defending champs who have basically everyone back and have added two new important people to their defense title run (Ray Allen, Rashard Lewis). I don't see anyone beating the Heat in the East.

I remember when the Bulls beat the Heat without D-Rose in the 2011-2012. They have a pretty good supporting cast. Now the Heat have Rashard Lewis and Ray Allen plus the other guys. It's going to be a very close game when they face each other.
ryan7g
ryan7g
478 posts
Shepherd

I remember when the Bulls beat the Heat without D-Rose in the 2011-2012.

Are you talking about a regular season game? Judging by those, you could also say they finished with the best record. But who won the championship?

You should also remember the Heat beating the Bulls in 5 in the 2011 playoff run, DESPITE not having home court advantage, and that also being their first year together. Oh and not to mention, they didn't have Ray Allen.

The Bulls aren't going to be quite the same. An ACL tear is a serious thing. Recovery for that is typically 8-12 months. So, he'll be out for the start of the season. Not only that, but they lost a vital perimeter shooter in Kyle Korver.

The biggest threat to the Heat in the East? I'd say Boston or Philly.
vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

My point was that the Bulls still have a slight chance to win against the Heat.

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

Joe Johnson to the Nets hasn't been talked about a lot. I think Deron Williams and Joe Johnson are a good scoring combination, Johnson is arguably a good clutch player. I seen him beat the buzzer plenty of times.

Andre Igoudala to the Nuggets is pretty good. I don't know how they're oing to work it out since they like Wilson Chandler, Gallinari, and now Igoudala. But they can move Gallinari to power forward. Then, those other two can share minutes more comfortably.

Dorell Wright to the 76ers is interesting as well. He can provide some good minutes and shoot three pointers.

rayoflight3
rayoflight3
437 posts
Nomad

Can someone explain Deron Williams' dip in field goal percentage these past two years? He was always around that 45=50% range until he got traded to the Nets. Seems like his assist-to-turnover ratio has dipped as well.

superbobdabest
superbobdabest
305 posts
Nomad

Derrick Rose isn't going to be 100% once the season starts. I'm not even sure if he'll play. Remember, he tore his ACL. That's a very long and delicate recovery stage.

i know hell have a shaky start
but he will get used to it and get good

true
who do you guys thhink is better micheal jordan in 1992 or LBJ in 2012

i say jordan
I remember when the Bulls beat the Heat without D-Rose in the 2011-2012. They have a pretty good supporting cast. Now the Heat have Rashard Lewis and Ray Allen plus the other guys. It's going to be a very close game when they face each other.

i agree something i will watch

what about the lakers
vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

He's been taking more shots because he doesn't have good help from his other teammates. But Joe Johnson is on the Nets now, so Deron can chill little bit now.

superbobdabest
superbobdabest
305 posts
Nomad

how do you guys think the rockets will do wih lin this year

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

They'll do okay. They lost Luis Scola and Kyle Lowry though.

superbobdabest
superbobdabest
305 posts
Nomad

yah
they should at least get in the playoffs

i can't belive this forum is still alive its been here since like may

Showing 241-255 of 456