ForumsThe TavernGeneral NBA Discussion

456 100242
vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

Who's going it all? Will the Nuggets come back? etc...

The finals is probably going to be the Heat vs Thunder. Well, that's what I think, so, what's your opinion?

• 456 Replies
vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

It's only a part of showing a big man's defensive ability. They need to grab defensive rebounds, and a few steals as well would help their team.

superbobdabest
superbobdabest
305 posts
Nomad

think he does. After all, he was the NBA's block leader in the regular season.

yah he went like 30 games straight with a block

He's more defensive orientated.

thats true he does pretty good man on man coverage
that why he was on lebron in the finals

They need to grab defensive rebounds, and a few steals as well would help their team.

rebounds is a very unnoticed part of the nba
perkins going out there and getting rebounds gets the thunder more offense
vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

Did you hear about the new rule of flopping? If you flop you can get suspended. Got that from PTI (Pardon the Interruption).

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

Lakers have lost twice. But again it's the preseason. Apparently, Kobe and Howard aren't playing at 100%.

superbobdabest
superbobdabest
305 posts
Nomad

Did you hear about the new rule of flopping? If you flop you can get suspended. Got that from PTI (Pardon the Interruption).

yah heard about it
i think its an ok rule
alot more people are gonna get suspended this year tks to that rule

Lakers have lost twice. But again it's the preseason. Apparently, Kobe and Howard aren't playing at 100%.

well if they keep that up then their gonna lose a lot this year

oh and soory ive been so inactive this last couple weeks
ive been taking a break from the forums
1zth
1zth
192 posts
Nomad

YEAH HIM!
http://blog.zap2it.com/pop2it/blake-griffin-gi.jpg

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

well if they keep that up then their gonna lose a lot this year

They just need to get used to playing as teammates and not opponents.
knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

Exactly. I know the preseason hasn't been a good look, but I'll reserve judgement until a couple of games into the season.

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

YEAH HIM!

I thought he was going to jump over the top not the hood. But pretty good dunk I guess. 2012-2013, if I could pick I would pick:

Blake Griffin
Lebron James
John Wall
This one I couldn't make a decision but it could be either of these: Josh Smith, J.R Smith, Derrick Rose, Kevin Durant, or Russell Westbrook
superbobdabest
superbobdabest
305 posts
Nomad

@1zth who is that nearthe hood of the car wearing the headband

is that james harden

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

is that james harden

I don't think so. It looks more like Baron Davis.
rayoflight3
rayoflight3
437 posts
Nomad

Blake Griffin
Lebron James
John Wall
This one I couldn't make a decision but it could be either of these: Josh Smith, J.R Smith, Derrick Rose, Kevin Durant, or Russell Westbrook

Mediocre choices, in my opinion. They're all good in-game dunkers (especially Rose, James, and Griffin), but as Griffin and countless other superstars have proved in the past few years, they just can't generate the kind of excitement that Vince Carter and a few others did ten years prior. Instead, what they need to do is bring in some professional dunkers and pit them against the best dunkers of the NBA. Two pro dunkers, two pro players. At the very least, that'd be cause for the NBA players to actually put on a worthwhile show, unless they want to be embarrassed by a few no-names. Or if they want to stay within the realms of the NBA, take the winner and the runner-up of the D-League contest instead, cuz Lord knows the D-League contests are infinitely better than the NBA ones.
vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

I wasn't talking about all-time best dunkers. These ones seem to be the best current ones. We all know, Micheal Jordan, Dominque Wilkins, Vince Carter, and the other back in the day dunkers are better than today's.

rayoflight3
rayoflight3
437 posts
Nomad

I wasn't talking about all-time best dunkers. These ones seem to be the best current ones. We all know, Micheal Jordan, Dominque Wilkins, Vince Carter, and the other back in the day dunkers are better than today's.

What I was trying to get across was that the NBA does not have many good dunkers right now. I wouldn't even say they're the best ones, just the ones that have the ability to showcase their dunks the most often. As I said, a format of two superstars and two &quotro dunkers" or D-League players would be much more exciting. Maybe this **** will change when David Stern is gone. (He's retiring!).
vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

I heard Stern was leaving. I like your idea. It gives the D-league players a chance to have fun and be in the national spotlight. But I don't see it happening unless if there's a sudden demand in it. About Stern, I always liked hearing the boos when I watch the draft. He walks out, "Booooooo!!!!"

Showing 286-300 of 456