ForumsThe TavernGeneral NBA Discussion

456 100268
vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

Who's going it all? Will the Nuggets come back? etc...

The finals is probably going to be the Heat vs Thunder. Well, that's what I think, so, what's your opinion?

• 456 Replies
vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

Kevin Garnett's primary position was power forward. Their previous centers if I can recall were Shaq and Jermaine O' Neal.

rayoflight3
rayoflight3
437 posts
Nomad

Kevin Garnett's primary position was power forward. Their previous centers if I can recall were Shaq and Jermaine O' Neal.

Perkins, too.

Kevin Garnett is indeed their starting center and lead rebounder (at only 7.4 rebounds/game though) right now. But yes, his primary position is power forward. There's been a dearth of "true" centers in the NBA in the past decade or so with an increasing number of big men playing more explosive games (e.g. Blake Griffin, Amar'e Stoudemire), so it's not surprising Garnett's been switched over to the center position given his height, length, and defensive prowess. Besides, the positions can be interchangeable (e.g. Tim Duncan).
Jblaze101
Jblaze101
513 posts
Peasant

I see OKC is on fire at the moment I think the knicks, thunder, clippers and celtics will be the last teams going for the ring this year

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

Rockets getting owned at the Thunder. Harden struggled in that game. 3-16 field goal.

rayoflight3
rayoflight3
437 posts
Nomad

Pop sits Parker, Duncan, Ginobili, and Green for the nationally televised Spurs vs. Heat game. That's hilarious.

And it'd be even funnier if the Spurs win.

rayoflight3
rayoflight3
437 posts
Nomad

In reference to my previous post: Wow. What is this I don't even...

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

What the hell? That's one of the worst decisions ever in sports history by a commissioner. If the players agree to rest let them rest. It's the regular season. Fans will miss just a few games without the big three.

BurnKush420
BurnKush420
100 posts
Nomad

its all about that russell westbrook and the OKC thunder. my guys

rayoflight3
rayoflight3
437 posts
Nomad

Heat won, but those "no-names" put up a **** good fight. They were leading in the fourth quarter until around two minutes left. Good experience for the roleplayers, sanctions notwithstanding.

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

Did Stern fine the Spurs? I haven't heard anything yet.

rayoflight3
rayoflight3
437 posts
Nomad

Yep. $250,000 fine on the basis of the Spurs' action being a "disservice to the league and [its] fans."

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

I guess it makes sense. The NBA cares about the fans and if they didn't keep it a secret, they probably wouldn't have gotten fined or Stern would not let them rest the big 3.

Did you see Howard hit that three?

Jblaze101
Jblaze101
513 posts
Peasant

Vinster what are you talking about but I saw How OKC Shut down thier former teamate against Houston the other night

rayoflight3
rayoflight3
437 posts
Nomad

I think it's a ridiculous rule. Granted, going into the game, it seemed like it'd be a lopsided match, but those no-name roleplayers nearly beat the reigning champions. The game was a disservice to no one.

Only watched like three minutes of that game, so I didn't catch that three. But judging by the box score, this game should be exemplary of what the Lakers should be doing, i.e. limiting Kobe's shots and making him the facilitator (until Nash returns), feeding it to Dwight Howard, and giving Antawn Jamison more minutes.

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

Vinster what are you talking about but I saw How OKC Shut down thier former teamate against Houston the other night

That's what I said earlier.
I think it's a ridiculous rule. Granted, going into the game, it seemed like it'd be a lopsided match, but those no-name roleplayers nearly beat the reigning champions. The game was a disservice to no one.

But it's all good, you only have about 2-3 months until this might end.
Showing 331-345 of 456