ForumsThe TavernGeneral NBA Discussion

456 100152
vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

Who's going it all? Will the Nuggets come back? etc...

The finals is probably going to be the Heat vs Thunder. Well, that's what I think, so, what's your opinion?

• 456 Replies
rayoflight3
rayoflight3
437 posts
Nomad

But it's all good, you only have about 2-3 months until this might end.

What do you mean? Doesn't Stern leave in 2014? Or are you referring to something else?
vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

Oh my bad, I thought he was going to retire in 2013.

rayoflight3
rayoflight3
437 posts
Nomad

Looks like it paid off for the Spurs. Ginobili and Green had poor games, but both Parker and Duncan had some of their best games of the season. And more importantly, they won against a division rival, the team that holds the best record in the NBA.

Also, anyone know of Damian Lillard before he came into the NBA? In fact, does anyone know who he is now? Dude's ballin' like no other right now. He may become the favorite to win Rookie of the Year, even over Anthony Davis.

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

No I didn't know much about college basketball at all really. I only knew who Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, Harrison Barnes, Anthony Davis, Tyler Zeller, and Austin Rivers were. But about Damian Lillard, checking his stats, he's doing great for a rookie. In the next few years, we might look at him and say he's an elite point guard.

rayoflight3
rayoflight3
437 posts
Nomad

The Knicks blew out the Heat without Melo.

**** is getting serious.

rayoflight3
rayoflight3
437 posts
Nomad

This might be a premature evaluation, but Jeremy Lin seems to be a lot better when he's the star of the show. Tonight, he helped the Rockets almost beat an impressive Spurs team by matching his career high in points with 38 and adding 7 assists on 2 turnovers. Based on these stats, this was his best game ever. And of course, Harden, for whatever reason, wasn't playing. As long as Harden is on the team, Lin will never be the go-to guy, but I can tell that he's an above average player. If he can be more aggressive and develop a stronger chemistry with Harden, he'll definitely start meeting some expectations.

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

Anybody noticed that the Warriors are doing better than the Lakers. Even without Ellis and Bogut?

letsgome_gome
letsgome_gome
752 posts
Nomad

yeah, the celtics stink and the Spurs are doing just as good as last year!!!

rayoflight3
rayoflight3
437 posts
Nomad

Yes. Most surprising teams of the season thus far: Warriors and Knicks, in a good way; Lakers, in a bad way.

Despite his past injuries, Stephen Curry seems to be flourishing into a legitimate star for the Warriors. He's play like a borderline All-Star, in my opinion. David Lee has always been a pretty good offensive big man, though I'm not quite sure if he's improved on defense. Klay Thompson is also doing some work, too, and Carl Landry and Jarrett Jack remain the solid roleplayers they've always been. Hard to say if the team's dynamic will change for the better as Bogut is slowly reincorporated. At one point, he was considered one of the best big men in the league, but injuries may preclude him from reaching his potential.

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

I've never paid much attention to the NBA, basketball not being my favorite sport. But i've heard this. The lakers suck? :P

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

Warriors lose against Orlando snapping their 5 game win streak on the road run. I also would've laughed if the Lakers lost to the Wizards. But Wizards kept close.

The lakers suck? :P

Right now yes.
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

But they have stumbled in the first round many times

Not really.... they have only made it to the plays-offs two years, last year and the year before that. I wouldnt say 2 is "many times"

The Knicks blew out the Heat without Melo.

Yeah, but the Heat also lost to the Wizards, so it really isnt impressive anymore....
rayoflight3
rayoflight3
437 posts
Nomad

Damian Lillard game winner. A three pointer off the dribble. Not only does this guy have the stats of a potential superstar, he's already playing with the swagger of one.

Yeah, but the Heat also lost to the Wizards, so it really isnt impressive anymore....

Knicks did it twice, and they're on top of the Eastern Conference right now. To go from barely making the playoffs to looking like a serious contender--that's pretty **** impressive to me.
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

Knicks did it twice

Grizzlies beat them once, but only played them once. That was the start of the downfall of the Heat.
vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

Are the Lakers ready to bounce back after winning 3 in a row? Despite 2 of them being non-contending teams. I think this might build their confidence a little. They have the Warriors next. That should be a good game.

Showing 346-360 of 456