Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

General NBA Discussion

Posted Oct 25, '12 at 6:33pm

rayoflight3

rayoflight3

435 posts

I wasn't talking about all-time best dunkers. These ones seem to be the best current ones. We all know, Micheal Jordan, Dominque Wilkins, Vince Carter, and the other back in the day dunkers are better than today's.

What I was trying to get across was that the NBA does not have many good dunkers right now. I wouldn't even say they're the best ones, just the ones that have the ability to showcase their dunks the most often. As I said, a format of two superstars and two "pro dunkers" or D-League players would be much more exciting. Maybe this **** will change when David Stern is gone. (He's retiring!).

Posted Oct 27, '12 at 12:14am

vinster132

vinster132

5,489 posts

I heard Stern was leaving. I like your idea. It gives the D-league players a chance to have fun and be in the national spotlight. But I don't see it happening unless if there's a sudden demand in it. About Stern, I always liked hearing the boos when I watch the draft. He walks out, "Booooooo!!!!"

Posted Oct 27, '12 at 12:58am

Sauron23

Sauron23

267 posts

Yes, the Lakers are doing awful in the preseason. They are 0-7 right now. The Celtics aren't doing well though. I want the Clippers to do a little better though. Go Jazz!

Posted Oct 27, '12 at 1:01pm

vinster132

vinster132

5,489 posts

Lakers are now 0-8 in preseason record. They're all pretty banged up. Celtics are saving up energy for the long season. Remember, bth Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett are over 30 years old now. About the Jazz, they don't have the explosiveness. Jefferson and Millsap are still young and developing. But maybe in the next 5 years or so after they've understood the mechanics, and all the other stuff, the Jazz might be the team to beat. Adding Mo Williams is good too. I don't think this their year. Too many teams are better than them.

Posted Oct 27, '12 at 6:56pm

vinster132

vinster132

5,489 posts

Also, Lakers how Metta World Peace and his elbow. So when in doubt, elbow! *end fail joke*

Posted Oct 28, '12 at 1:21pm

1zth

1zth

189 posts

J-J-J-AMES HARDEN...*bursts into tears* WWHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!

Posted Oct 28, '12 at 2:42pm

vinster132

vinster132

5,489 posts

I think it was a bad choice as well. James Harden was a perfect fit for the Thunder. But Linsanity has Harden now. It'll be a dynamic duo. And don't get your hopes down. Kevin Martin is a good player.

Posted Oct 28, '12 at 4:12pm

Ernie15

Ernie15

12,548 posts

Knight

You know what I want to see? The Harlem Globetrotters go against any team in the NBA. Now that's something I would pay to see.

Posted Oct 28, '12 at 4:21pm

rayoflight3

rayoflight3

435 posts

Certainly didn't expect that. The Thunder, however, did get some good out of it with the two first round draft picks and Kevin Martin, who's a solid scorer. I do wonder about the Thunder's chemistry now though, since Martin isn't quite the playmaker that Harden is. It's also a bit of a risky investment on the Rocket's part, since they've yet to prove themselves. They're in a rebuilding phase right now, and if they can't immediately make some waves, they're going to be stuck in a rut for a little bit without the draft picks. It'll be interesting to see how the season plays out.

Posted Oct 30, '12 at 11:57pm

vinster132

vinster132

5,489 posts

I think it's a good take for both teams. Rockets have a pretty young team. James Harden is like 23 or 24. Lin is only 24 as well. They can build around them. And in the next few years, people will be looking at them as true superstars. Lin needs to withstand the long season and try to avoid injuries. As for the Thunder, Kmart (haha) and Jeremy Lamb are good scoring shooting guards.

Reply to General NBA Discussion

You must be logged in to post a reply!