Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

General NBA Discussion

Posted Nov 22, '12 at 7:13pm

vinster132

vinster132

5,486 posts

Celtics will be contenders always with Rajon Rondo. He's a great ball distributor. If only he can shoot, he'll be Westbrook and CP3 combined. But obviously Rondo doesn't need to shoot. There's a load of jump shooters on the Celtics: Jason Terry, Pierce, Garnett, Courtney Lee, Brandon Bass, Jeff Green, Barbosa, etc. They need an inside game or a pure center so they can rebound. Especially going against the Lakers. Bulls and so on. Although lacking decent rebounding (Celtics are ranked dead last in rebounding) they still win games. That is all that matters.

Posted Nov 25, '12 at 8:29pm

superbobdabest

superbobdabest

272 posts

Wait! What about Kevin Garnett? Isn't he the Celtics lead rebounder and starting center.

Posted Nov 26, '12 at 6:19pm

vinster132

vinster132

5,486 posts

Kevin Garnett's primary position was power forward. Their previous centers if I can recall were Shaq and Jermaine O' Neal.

Posted Nov 26, '12 at 9:09pm

rayoflight3

rayoflight3

435 posts

Kevin Garnett's primary position was power forward. Their previous centers if I can recall were Shaq and Jermaine O' Neal.

Perkins, too.

Kevin Garnett is indeed their starting center and lead rebounder (at only 7.4 rebounds/game though) right now. But yes, his primary position is power forward. There's been a dearth of "true" centers in the NBA in the past decade or so with an increasing number of big men playing more explosive games (e.g. Blake Griffin, Amar'e Stoudemire), so it's not surprising Garnett's been switched over to the center position given his height, length, and defensive prowess. Besides, the positions can be interchangeable (e.g. Tim Duncan).

Posted Nov 26, '12 at 11:22pm

Jblaze101

Jblaze101

461 posts

I see OKC is on fire at the moment I think the knicks, thunder, clippers and celtics will be the last teams going for the ring this year

Posted Nov 29, '12 at 6:47pm

vinster132

vinster132

5,486 posts

Rockets getting owned at the Thunder. Harden struggled in that game. 3-16 field goal.

Posted Nov 29, '12 at 8:16pm

rayoflight3

rayoflight3

435 posts

Pop sits Parker, Duncan, Ginobili, and Green for the nationally televised Spurs vs. Heat game. That's hilarious.

And it'd be even funnier if the Spurs win.

Posted Nov 29, '12 at 9:33pm

rayoflight3

rayoflight3

435 posts

In reference to my previous post: Wow. What is this I don't even...

Posted Nov 29, '12 at 10:13pm

vinster132

vinster132

5,486 posts

What the hell? That's one of the worst decisions ever in sports history by a commissioner. If the players agree to rest let them rest. It's the regular season. Fans will miss just a few games without the big three.

Posted Nov 29, '12 at 10:22pm

BurnKush420

BurnKush420

102 posts

its all about that russell westbrook and the OKC thunder. my guys ;)

Reply to General NBA Discussion

You must be logged in to post a reply!