Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

General NBA Discussion

Posted May 8, '13 at 9:15am

pickpocket

pickpocket

3,473 posts

Grizzlies are look promising. Its tied up and back in Memphis. Good odds.

Posted May 11, '13 at 1:53am

superbobdabest

superbobdabest

298 posts

Why do the playoffs seem so violent this year???

Posted May 11, '13 at 12:08pm

vinster132

vinster132

5,502 posts

It's not really violent. The Heat and Bulls hate each other. And it's their nature to play defensively and physical.

Posted May 12, '13 at 10:12pm

rayoflight3

rayoflight3

435 posts

Just saying, Spurs vs. Warriors may very well end up as the most entertaining series of the playoffs. Every game has been close, and it's becoming increasingly difficult to tell who the better team is.

Posted May 13, '13 at 1:28am

superbobdabest

superbobdabest

298 posts

Yah I knew Warriors were gonna put up a fight. But I didn't think they would be playing like this. Grizzlies and Thunder though. Another matchup I did not expect to see end up like this. Marc Gasol and Zach Randolph are putting up a fight. Thunder need Westbrook.

Posted May 19, '13 at 6:58pm

vinster132

vinster132

5,502 posts

Warriors just ran out of gas. The Spurs have more experience and have played through these situations. But really the Warriors killed themselves. Game 1 was blown away and who knows they might have had a chance in Game 7. Nonetheless, it was a great season and postseason for them. This is a young team which can potentially be one of the best teams in the NBA.

Predictions for conference finals:

Grizzles vs Spurs: It's going to be a long series. But watching how badly the Grizzles played today in Game 1, you can't underestimate the Spurs. They had really good ball movement and whenever there was a good shot, an extra pass was made to make it an even better shot. I think the Spurs will win in 7 or maybe 6.

Pacers vs Heat: It would be nice if the Pacers won. I don't believe they have enough offensive power to jump over the Heat. The Heat have the big 3, though remember Norris Cole is on fire, Battier and Chalmers both hit threes at times. Heat in 6

Posted May 20, '13 at 10:50pm

rayoflight3

rayoflight3

435 posts

It's a shame that the Warriors couldn't at least take it to Game 7. For a while there, they were looking like the better team. But yeah, the future is bright for them, and I'm definitely looking forward to following them next season.

My predictions:

Grizzlies vs. Spurs: Spurs in 7. The problem with the Grizzlies is that they don't really have a superstar who can take over in games. Yes, Randolph is a good player, but as we saw in Game 1, he was severely limited. However, the Grizzlies have a stifling defense that should provide the Spurs some serious issues in subsequent games. It could go either way, but I'm leaning toward the Spurs.

Pacers vs. Heat: Heat in 6. Pacers winning against the Knicks was a bit surprising (at least to me), but they're going to need a miracle to get the Finals. Interestingly though, the Pacers actually won the season series 2-1. But I don't expect that to translate to the playoffs.

Posted May 22, '13 at 6:10pm

soccerdude2

soccerdude2

1,588 posts

Yeah! Cavs won the lottery!

Posted May 23, '13 at 12:26am

vinster132

vinster132

5,502 posts

Wow, good game 1 in Miami. Pacers played really well until that last play when leBron had an open land and layup. I do not understand why the Pacers had Hibbert on the bench. Yes, he had 5 fouls, but if he was in there LBJ would have to change his shot and take a more difficult shot. Or he could have got to the line and who knows he might have missed a free throw.

About the Spurs and Grizzles, they worked their way back into the game late but couldn't finish it off. I think if they had Rudy Gay, he would have helped them score a lot more. Although they have gotten this far and going back to Memphis. Their crowd is one of the loudest.

Posted May 23, '13 at 7:48am

rayoflight3

rayoflight3

435 posts

Yeah, that was a seriously questionable decision by Vogel, especially since Lebron made an easy layup the play before. Maybe he was so flabbergasted by the fact that Wade seemingly gave them the victory with his foul that he didn't consider the 2.2 seconds left on the clock. Also, David West should've been more aware of the situation. His defense on the inbounder was way too lax, and it resulted in a ridiculously easy pass to Lebron. Hell, I never really understood why inbound defenders like to jump around and wave their hands as a means of defense. Get closer, try to block the inbounder's vision, and mimic the ball's movement with your body. Otherwise, you get something like this, where Yao Ming didn't take advantage of his ridiculous size advantage over Steve Blake.

The Spurs need to be careful. They were in the same position last year, and then they lost 4 in a row to the Thunder. The Grizzlies could definitely use another scorer though. But they still hold one key advantage against the Spurs: rebounding. Even in Game 1, where they got blown out, they still out-rebounded the Spurs.

Also, this was hilarious.

Reply to General NBA Discussion

You must be logged in to post a reply!