ForumsThe TavernGeneral NBA Discussion

456 100204
vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

Who's going it all? Will the Nuggets come back? etc...

The finals is probably going to be the Heat vs Thunder. Well, that's what I think, so, what's your opinion?

• 456 Replies
vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

Wow Nuggets-Warriors game 3 was the best game in the playoffs this year. It was going back and forth for most of the time. With the addition of a crazy ending. The 5-second violation and Lawson turning it over. Iggy almost winning the game with a half court shot. Warriors need to protect the ball. They had way too many turnovers. It looks like they're trying to out speed the Nuggets which is not a bad option but it's not the best either. Nuggets aren't very consistent playing halfcourt offense. Also losing Gallinari hurts them. Warriors are fast too. So I don't think the game style is going to change. What helps them too is rebounding.

Russell Westbrook has a torn meniscus. This doesn't seem like a major injury. Metta World Peace recovered in 12 days. He played through it as well. If Westbrook is out for a few series. Durant has to step up even more and take more shots.The West will be cut open. There will be an opportunity for the Clippers and Spurs. And the Rockets might possibly win the series. Chances are pretty vague. Though keep in mind the Rockets lost by three on the road with Westbrook.

rayoflight3
rayoflight3
437 posts
Nomad

Westbrook's injury may or may not change things, depending on how long he's out for. I'd say he's out for the Houston series, but I highly doubt the Rockets will win. The question is the series after, where they'll be playing either the Clippers or Grizzlies.

But anyway, my predictions for the first round match ups are looking solid so far. The Spurs might just end up sweeping the Lakers though. They had a dominant Game 3 performance.

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

Westbrook's injury has definitely impacted the Thunder. Reggie Jackson is more of an offensive player so Patrick Beverley and Aaron Brooks can get past him. It has also impacted Durant. He does not have a guy to really rely on. Now I think the Rockets have a chance.

Celtics have extended the series. Of course KG and Truth will not go out without a fight. It will be a tough task for them if they do make it to Game 7.

Warriors and Nuggets currently playing. If Warriors lose, it will be their fault for blowing a 15 point lead. They have to close this game.

rayoflight3
rayoflight3
437 posts
Nomad

Yep, Warriors in 6, as expected. They'll be playing the Spurs next, so that'll be an exciting series to watch.

The Rockets are making a surprising run right now, but I don't think they'll win the series. Even without Westbrook, the Thunder, as a whole, are better than the Rockets. Same applies to the Celtics. I'm even more surprised at them than I am at the Rockets, but again, I doubt they'll win the series.

The Grizzlies-Clippers series is starting to heat up. I didn't expect the Grizzlies to take a 3-2, but it wasn't surprising either. They had always posed a serious threat to the Clippers, and now, I'm starting to reconsider my initial prediction. It's a shame though that one of these two great, young teams has to make a first-round playoff exit. I would've loved to have seen them both go on.

superbobdabest
superbobdabest
305 posts
Nomad

Hey guys! It's me superbobdabest! I'm back!

Ok so I'm really mad about hope the playoffs are turning out. Unless Rose comes back no one even has a chance agianst the heat. And even if he does come back he will no be at full strength.

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

@Ray: I did not expect them to actually wn the series . The Warriors are a young inexperienced team but Curry is just on fire and other players are stepping up every game. Spurs will be a very tough match. They need to contain Manu, Parker, and Duncan. Even Danny Green too. He's a streaky shooter.

I'm not surprised that the Grizzles won. Lob city is sob city going up against one of the most dominant defensive and physical big men.

@Sbdb: Rose most likely won't came back. Heat will easily win. Bulls are struggling with injuries.

superbobdabest
superbobdabest
305 posts
Nomad

Yah I know. But Can yall believe th Grizzlies beat the Clippers. Huge shocker.

Heres the Round 2 matchups:
OKC vs. MEM
SA vs. GS
MIA vs. CHI
IND vs. NYK

My bets OKC, SA, MIA (ruding for CHI tho), IND

rayoflight3
rayoflight3
437 posts
Nomad

For the Round 2 matchups:

Thunder vs. Grizzles: Grizzlies in 6 or 7. These Grizzlies are good, and with Westbrook gone for the season, I think they are a legitimate threat to the Thunder's chance of making it back to the Western Conference Finals. Grizzlies also won two out of the three times they played during the regular season.

Spurs vs. Warriors: Spurs in 6. This will be an interesting series. The Spurs are simply the better team in terms of teamwork, experience, and defense. But the Warriors don't look too shabby on paper either, and after winning against the Nuggets in six, they have some games to back it up. Curry will be Curry, and Parker will be Parker. I think part of the series will rely on how well Bogut plays. In that last game, he showed signs of his former self. If he keeps it up, the Warriors might just have a chance to steal this series. But I'm not expecting that for now.

Heat vs. Bulls: Heat in 4. With all their injuries and illnesses, it was a miracle that they managed to pull off a win against the Nets. But that tenacity won't work against the Heat. Lebron and company are too **** good.

Pacers vs. Knicks: Knicks in 5 or 6. Comparing the teams by positions, the Knicks look like the superior team except maybe at small forward (assuming Melo is playing power forward). But this is from an offensive standpoint. The Pacers seem to be a better team defensively, but I'm not so sure they're good enough at defense to stop the Knicks offense (especially when Melo or J.R. Smith go off). I really don't see the Pacers winning this matchup.

carlose36
carlose36
2 posts
Nomad

I think Oklahoma will have problems since Westbrook injury......maybe Grizzlies could beat them

Kannaaashi
Kannaaashi
24 posts
Nomad

bulls all the way

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

My predictions (A little late):

Pacers vs Knicks: Knicks in 7. They are very capable of stealing a game on the road. Also if, Prigioni and Felton play well, the Pacers will be in a lot of trouble. I think they miss Danny Granger a little too. He was a streaky guy who would help score and played decent defense.

Warriors vs Spurs: Spurs in 6 or 7. This series will be exciting and I can see high scoring from both teams. Warriors blew away Game 1, they had an 18 point lead with about 5 minutes. I was pretty pissed afterwards but it was a good outing against the Spurs on the road. Klay Thompson needs to play smarter defense with 5 fouls. He was loose and reaching in.

That last play I have no idea why Ginobili was just wide open. I don't remember who it was (Barnes or Jack) but anyways no time to change what happened. Warriors have to close games especially in the playoffs. Blowing a big lead is unacceptable.

Thunder vs Grizzles: If OKC wins Game 2, they'll take it in 7. If they don't, Memphis will win in 6. OKC's been playing better than I thought without Westbrook. Durant understands that he has to be the leader, closer and distributor. He's actually getting assistance from Fisher, Jackson, and KMart.

Heat vs Bulls: Heat in 6 or 7. Bulls won't give up without a fight. It's going to be a physical series. Game 1 I think was rust from the Heat. But the Bulls played great. No Rose, Deng, and Hinrich. Nate Robinson is stepping up and Jimmy Butler is an underrated player. He guards Wade well and even bothers LeBron too.

rayoflight3
rayoflight3
437 posts
Nomad

Wow, Game 1 of Warriors vs. Spurs was amazing. I had originally planned to watch all of it, but I got too tired and took a nap instead. Woke up to a double OT game and only later found out about the Spurs' massive comeback. Manu made a stupid decision to shoot a three early in the shot clock before redeeming himself with that game winner.

I'm baffled at how the Bulls managed to win that game. They showed some serious resilience, to say the least. Obviously this throws a wrench in my initial prediction, but I expect that game to be an anomaly. Now if they win Game 2, I might just reconsider my prediction....

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

Grizzlies are look promising. Its tied up and back in Memphis. Good odds.

superbobdabest
superbobdabest
305 posts
Nomad

Why do the playoffs seem so violent this year???

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

It's not really violent. The Heat and Bulls hate each other. And it's their nature to play defensively and physical.

Showing 406-420 of 456