ForumsThe TavernGeneral NBA Discussion

456 100111
vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

Who's going it all? Will the Nuggets come back? etc...

The finals is probably going to be the Heat vs Thunder. Well, that's what I think, so, what's your opinion?

• 456 Replies
slipsoccer
slipsoccer
1,081 posts
Peasant

uhh he is the highest scoring player in the league
he got MVP for the all star game this year
he is the most accurate player in the league
anymore questions

lol You actually think an all star game MVP actually means something? Everyone just messes around and has a good time until the last minutes of the 4th quarter.

not better then durant does in his home court thats for sure

Look at how many records Kobe has broken, tied, and created. Kobe has reached the age of retirement and he still managed to be the 2nd best point leader. He still managed to get his crappy team into the 2nd round of the playoffs. And he stills pulls off shots he would do when he was younger. Kobe can still slip through any defense and look at how old he is. You can't tell me Durant is better than Kobe.
slipsoccer
slipsoccer
1,081 posts
Peasant

Sorry for the double post but game 4 just ended.

Westbrook's back must be hurting from all that carrying he did, nice 40 bomb he dropped, but if he didn't cause that foul OKC would still have a chance of winning. Harden's confidence is no where to be found, Durant's clutch shot wasn't on that game.
On the other hand LBJ didn't score a lot but all those assists he made and he kept scoring at the right time. Wade had a nice game like always. Bosh also had a nice game, and Chalmers! Chalmers was very important in the Heat's success to that game.

soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

Yeah even though chalmers did well it seemed like when I was watching every time he got a wide open look at a 3 he missed it.

All thunder fans must be devastated now...

Wheres all the hype about harden coming from? I don't watch the thunder often but he is just playing awful in the finals.

I agree though, Lebron did what he had to do at the right time.

slipsoccer
slipsoccer
1,081 posts
Peasant

Yeah even though chalmers did well it seemed like when I was watching every time he got a wide open look at a 3 he missed it.

He made 9 out of 15 shots which is pretty good if you're Chalmers. Chalmers struggled the first 3 games, but what made him so important is how he led the Heat in the last 4 Min. He made many important shots.
vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

Lebron is coming more clutch. That three he hit with his jacked up foot was pretty cool. The series is kinda over now. Unless if the Thunder win the next game then we have a different situation. But really though, Westbrook was wearing the backpack in Game 4. Carried his team to give them the chance to win. The foul he committed on Chalmers was a big mistake though.

About Chalmers, 25 points? Very impressive. But it wasn't the 25 points it was when the points were made. Most of them in the fourth quarter.

superbob111
superbob111
465 posts
Nomad

I'm talking about the finals. They're only shooting 70.1 percent. And Durant's not getting to the line in the fourth quarter. And had 4 points in the fourth.

i know right
theyre starts are 5x better but their fourths aren't as good anymore

He's talking about the MVP. As in the MVP. The one Lebron got.

he got that

Who cares about the all star game? It's a game to have fun and dunk all over the place. Also, put up some trick shots to entertain.

and have lebron miss the 3-pointer to tie

I don't think Durant is physical enough to handle Lebron. For points they basically cancel each other out, but on Defense Lebron is more Physical and "In your face" type of guy. If Miami wins tonight then I think they win in 5, if OKC wins then I stick with them in 7.

thats OKC's only chance to win the title is in 7

Agreed. No Defense is played at all.

thats why it was like a 160 point game
for one side

Of course he is, Bosh is a power forward, Harden a guard.

its not about how good bosh is playing
its about how bad harden is playing

2 2-10 games in a row

Awesome shooting skills? He is really good, but awesome? No. Jordan was awesome, Steve Nash, awesome, Kevin Durant awesome? Not yet. Maybe in a few years when he gains experience. He takes some inexperienced shots sometimes. Not as many as Westbrook. He is killing me with his shots. I can't believe some of the ones he takes and others that he takes and misses. Like that 3!?! that was a terrible shot.

expirience
westbrook
no no no
first yes jordan was the best(and still my teacher didn't let me do him for a report)
second durant played for the sonics
which shows hes played for at least least 6 years
second westrbrook didn't
hes played for about 5

lol You actually think an all star game MVP actually means something? Everyone just messes around and has a good time until the last minutes of the 4th quarter.

it still shows that you are the best of the best

Look at how many records Kobe has broken, tied, and created. Kobe has reached the age of retirement and he still managed to be the 2nd best point leader.

and durant is the first

He still managed to get his crappy team into the 2nd round of the playoffs

until he gets beat by durant

You can't tell me Durant is better than Kobe.

i just told you two of like a million reasons how durant is better

Westbrook's back must be hurting from all that carrying he did, nice 40 bomb he dropped, but if he didn't cause that foul OKC would still have a chance of winning.

if he didn't foul him
westbrook would of had a much bigger chance of getting MVP

Harden's confidence is no where to be found,

if he can't find it in 5 hes done
possibly forever

Durant's clutch shot wasn't on that game.

hes been having problems in the last 3 games
i think his fire is dying

Wade had a nice game like always.

he still didn't beat westbrook

Chalmers was very important in the Heat's success to that game.

so was nick collision

All thunder fans must be devastated now...

i blame harden
and kind of perkins
but mostly harden
and yes i am

Wheres all the hype about harden coming from? I don't watch the thunder often but he is just playing awful in the finals.

i agree i dont know if hess still my favorite active player

Lebron is coming more clutch. That three he hit with his jacked up foot was pretty cool. The series is kinda over now. Unless if the Thunder win the next game then we have a different situation. But really though, Westbrook was wearing the backpack in Game 4. Carried his team to give them the chance to win. The foul he committed on Chalmers was a big mistake though.

yah i agree

About Chalmers, 25 points? Very impressive. But it wasn't the 25 points it was when the points were made. Most of them in the fourth quarter

yah he and collision were amazing
but he did better

ONE THING YOU ALL FORGOT WAS THAT LEBRON IS NOW INJURED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! =)OKC HAS A CHANCE TO WIN NOW

YOU CAN DO IT OKC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
slipsoccer
slipsoccer
1,081 posts
Peasant

he got that

Season MVP? Nope. Finals MVP? Nope. All Star MVP? Yes but LeBron already won that MVP award twice.
it still shows that you are the best of the best

No it doesn't. Durant was the only one trying his heart out in that game, nobody else really cared what went on.

just told you two of like a million reasons how durant is better

Look at Kobe's age! Kobe even admitted himself he said "bones aren't moving like they use to" something like that. Of course Durant is going to score more than Kobe, why? Because he's younger, he can play mutiple games and still have a lot of energy. Kobe's old and Kobe was already breaking records at Durant's age.

Look at the list of Kobe's records:
4 time NBA Champion: 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009

Most Valuabe Player: 2008

MVP of the finals: 2009

2 time regular season scoring leader: 2006, 2007

11 time allstar and 11 consecutive appearances at the NBA All-Star game from 98-09 (all 11 starts)

3 time NBA All-Star MVP: 2002, 2007, 2009

11 time all NBA selection (11 consecutive):

First team: 02, 03, 04, 06, 07, 08 and 09

Second team: 00 and 01

Third team: 99 and 05

9 time All Defence selection (5 consecutive)( youngest player on all defence 99/00):

First team: 00, 03, 04, 06, 07, 08 and 09

Second team: 01, 02

NBA All-Rookie second team: 1997

1997 NBA Slam Dunk Champion (youngest player at 18 years and 175 days)

1996 â" First Guard in league history to be drafted out of Highschool

January 7th, 2003. Most 3 pointers in a single game (12) tied with Donyell Marshall

January 7th, 2003. Most consecutive 3 pointers in a single game (9) tied with Latrell Sprewell and Ben Gordan.

Career 40 point regular season games: 101 (3rd all time) - scored 40 (27times) in 05-06. (9) were consecutive.

Career 50 point games: 24 (3rd all time) - scored 50 (10 times) in 06-07, (4) of them consecutive.

Career 60 point games: 5 (3rd All time tied with Elgin Baylor)

December 20, 2005 Kobe outscores the entire Dallas Mavericks team 62-61 at the end of the third quarter. This is the first and only time a player has outscored a team after 3 quarters.

January 22, 2006 in a 122-104 win over the Toronto Raptors Kobe scores 81 Points a Laker record and 2nd to only Wilt Chamberlains 100 points.

Only player to score 50+ points in 4 consecutive games other then Chamberlain who scored 50+ in 7 consecutive games.
Only player to score 20 000 points before turning 30 other then Wilt Chamberlain and Michael Jordan.

Recorded 10 50 point games in a season (06/07) joining only Chamberlain who did it twice.
superbob111
superbob111
465 posts
Nomad

Season MVP? Nope. Finals MVP? Nope. All Star MVP? Yes but LeBron already won that MVP award twice.

he got season MVP
this is his first finals so what can you do

No it doesn't. Durant was the only one trying his heart out in that game, nobody else really cared what went on

cuz hes dedicated

well only 5 of them don't have to do with being in the NBA for a while
hes been in longer than durant
so he should have more
durant has more awards
look him up on wiki and see the difference
slipsoccer
slipsoccer
1,081 posts
Peasant

he got season MVP

You should do some research on your favortie player, because he's only won All star game Mvp

durant has more awards
look him up on wiki and see the difference

Wiki is not an accurate site, but these are the only ones I found that actually had great significance, the others just had to do with things nobody cares about.

NBA All-Star: 2010, 2011, 2012
NBA Scoring Champion: 2010, 2011, 2012
All-NBA First Team: 2010, 2011, 2012
NBA Rookie of the Year: 2008
NBA All-Star Game MVP: 2012

That's a short list compared to Kobe right?
CalvinKidd137
CalvinKidd137
891 posts
Nomad

Who cares about Kobe right now, he's not in the Finals, and isn't going to be, unless he gets a lot of help from the rest of his team.
he got season MVP
this is his first finals so what can you do

Durant didn't get season MVP. And I'll prove it to you:
Durant was drafted in 2007
2007-Dirk Nowitzki won it.
2008-Kobe Bryant
2009-Lebron James
2010-Lebron James
2011-Derrick Rose
2012-Lebron James
Credit here

Wiki is not an accurate site,

Not at all.

We get it, Kobe is good, gonna be one of the Greats when he retires, but please move on from him and talk about the finals.
Thank You

Anyways, Lebron is more physical than Durant, and Durant can't guard him. If Thunder win tonight then I still predict them in 7, but if not then Lebron gets his first Ring, along with Bosh, Wade gets his second, and Durant goes home empty handed.
superbob111
superbob111
465 posts
Nomad

Wiki is not an accurate site, but these are the only ones I found that actually had great significance, the others just had to do with things nobody cares about.

you and kobe are just jealous of them huh

yes since you took out the things your jealous of

Who cares about Kobe right now, he's not in the Finals, and isn't going to be, unless he gets a lot of help from the rest of his team.

well stop being a ball hog and let them help

2007-Dirk Nowitzki won it.
2008-Kobe Bryant
2009-Lebron James
2010-Lebron James
2011-Derrick Rose
2012-Lebron James
Credit here

wrong
look at the top
its playoff MVP not season
so durnt won

Not at all.

at times can be

We get it, Kobe is good, gonna be one of the Greats when he retires, but please move on from him and talk about the finals.
Thank You

yes get over it
we all know durant is better than kobe
lets move on

Anyways, Lebron is more physical than Durant, and Durant can't guard him. If Thunder win tonight then I still predict them in 7, but if not then Lebron gets his first Ring, along with Bosh, Wade gets his second, and Durant goes home empty handed.

one again their only chance is in 7
the series is 3-1
so they need 3 straigt to win the title
and how many does chalmers have
doesnt wade have 2 already
maybe not
slipsoccer
slipsoccer
1,081 posts
Peasant

you and kobe are just jealous of them huh
yes since you took out the things your jealous of
wrong
look at the top
so durnt won

How old are you? Just accept the fact Durant isn't a MVP right now, maybe in the future he will be but not now.

This topic is called "NBA Playoffs" and Kobe was in the NBA Playoffs so what's wrong about me talking about him?
superbob111
superbob111
465 posts
Nomad

OKC

this is why 1zth is so awesome

I WANT THAT CAKE!!!!

me too

How old are you?

stalker

Just accept the fact Durant isn't a MVP right now, maybe in the future he will be but not now.

he will when they beat the heat tonight

This topic is called "NBA Playoffs" and Kobe was in the NBA Playoffs so what's wrong about me talking about him?

you both are right and you both are wrong
but slip
we should of been having this debate back when the thunder BEAT the lakers (actually while, i just wanted to say beat)
soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

Superbob:

You're not really facing the facts here, many arguments have been presented towards Kobe having been a better player than Durant is now and you just keep blowing them off not even presenting a valid counter, just something like, "we all know Durant is better."

Well the Heat closed it out at home for Lebron James' first NBA tile. Being a Cleveland fan and Ohioan, I was angry at him for leaving Cleveland but now it looks like it was the right thing to do and I'm happy for him winning his first championship.

Looking back, as many predicted, it was Heat vs thunder in the finals, with the heat winning. I've realized that with NBA usually the two best teams make it to the finals, there are very few "cinderellas" and upsets with the series format.

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

wrong
look at the top
so durnt won

The only MVP in the playoffs is the Finals MVP. I don't know what you are talking about.
Look at how many records Kobe has broken, tied, and created. Kobe has reached the age of retirement and he still managed to be the 2nd best point leader.

and durant is the first

I understand Durant is your favorite player. But really though, do you have to smack around all other players? Respect Kobe for once, he's worked incredibly hard to get all the rings and beat the records. He's done a lot of great things. And you're just sitting there saying that Kobe sucks.

Look, I love Durant too. He's a great clutch player. But you have to admit the fact that he is only 23 years old! He's got 15-16 years left in him. He's bound to win at least 2 or 3 rings. But Durant still has to mature as a player. As well as Westbrook. They first need to learn this is a team game. Lebron had to go through that too. And that's how get got his ring. LBJ is playing unselfish now.
No it doesn't. Durant was the only one trying his heart out in that game, nobody else really cared what went on

cuz hes dedicated

Durant has put his heart into the game. But that's not how the Thunder will win the Finals. Everyone has to step in and put their heart into the game too. I don't think Harden and many others on the team tried in the finals. Harden has missed too many shots and especially open shots.

Guys this Thunder team is still young. They've got a lot of years left on them. They'll be fine.
Showing 106-120 of 456